Side Chinabi: Chapter VI – Yuuki’s Bane
159 6 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the middle of the night, Mayumi received a text from someone who she thought she would never get a text from again. On the bed side table, her phone let's out a ring tone. She grumbles and turns in the bed.

"Ah, a text message at a time like this? Wait, that notification..."

She reaches for her cellphone and takes a look at the message.

(Aunt Mayumi... Are you awake?)

"Huh... Its been a while since she messaged me. I wonder what she wants?"

(I am now. I didn't expect a text from you this late into the night.)

(I'm sorry for waking you up.)

(You better be. I have work in the morning. So what's the reason for the late message?)

(Um... I don't know what to say...)

(Let me guess... You're going to visit?)

(Yes. Well... not only that...)

(There's another reason for your visit?)

(I'm transferring to Yuuki's school.)

Mayumi looks over to see a sleeping girl around the age the same age of her nephew. Extending her hand, she tousle her hazel-colored hair and the girl stirs a bit.

"So she's coming over huh? Wait, does that mean she'll be staying here? I'll have to ask."

(Is that so? That's surprising. Do you have a place to stay?)

(I was going to ask Yuuki's mom if I can stay over, but it seems like she's asleep.)

(I see. I'm sure she'll let you stay over.)

(I hope so. After what I've done to Yuuki, I can't forgive myself. The distance between us, physically and emotionally is destroying me. I think, I'll get better if I visit him more often.)

(I wish you luck Kaede)

(Thanks Aunt Mayumi. I'll let you go to sleep now. I'll meet with you again when I arrive.)

(Thanks. See you later.)

Stroking Chinabi's hair, Mayumi can only smile sleepily and say in low voice, expressing sorrow for nephew who's residing in the mind of the girl, "I'm sorry Yuuki. It looks like Kaede will be hurting you again."

Mayumi lays down gently caressing Chinabi's hair. As she did so, she goes back to sleep.

If Kaede will be staying her, I wonder where she will sleep. If anything, she can sleep in my room or sleep with Chinabi and Yuuki. Hmm, sister will think of something.

In the morning, Chinabi wakes up. She sits up and stretches out her arms and the first thing she notices is that Yuuki's aunt, Mayumi, had already gotten up and started her day. "Hm, I guess Mayumi is on duty today."

After saying her assumptions, she can hear the boy in her mind wake up.

"Morning."

"Ah, morning Yuuki."

"Morning Chinabi. Eh? Aunt Mayumi is already gone?"

"It seems so."

"Something important must've came up."

"Probably. Or that she's on duty today."

"That too."

Downstairs...

Mayumi is eating her breakfast which was pancakes in a melancholic manner. It seems like something was on her mind and her sister took notice.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know what to say... I've been thinking that maybe I should move work to Yuuki's school."

"You want to teach at Yuuki's school? Why all of a sudden? Aren't you coming up on your fourth year at Chinabi's other school?"

"The school is great and all, but-"

"Is it because of Chinabi?" Yuuki's mother interrupted her. Mayumi only nods her head and she continues. "You've taken a liking to her ever since she's been staying over. Always sleeping together with her every night. I find it strange, but cute."

Strange but cute you say... But, Yuuki is currently residing in Chinabi.

"I see... Oh, by the way, did you happen to get a text from Kaede?"

"Kaede? Now that you mention her, I did get a text from her last night. She said something about visiting."

"She didn't mention that she was transferring to Yuuki's school?"

"She is?"

"Yeah. Please keep it a secret from Yuuki."

"Hm... Well that'll be troublesome for Yuuki when he comes back."

"You don't say... Well, not only that, she was going to ask if she can stay over as well."

"I don't mind, but I'm worried about Yuuki..."

"What's there to worry about? I mean Yuuki has two girls who like him!"

"Make it three then you'll be correct."

"Eh?! Three!? Where did the third girl come from!"

"It's his classmate that he saved. I believe her name is Rika. She came over yesterday with Chinabi. It seems like she sees Chinabi as her rival in love. Though, if it comes to rivalry... I think Kaede is still the biggest contender, but then again, she did reject Yuuki."

"Kaede rejected Yuuki?! But those two were so close, the last time I visited. Well then... This makes things even more interesting! I'm going to resign today! See you later sis!"

"Wait! Mayumi!!!" Her sister tries to stop her but she runs out the dining room and heads for work in turn to resign and work in Yuuki's school. "Ah, what's wrong with her!"

"Oh? Mayumi just left?" Chinabi comes into the dining room wearing her school uniform. "Oh, Good morning Chinabi. Yeah, geez that sister of mine. She's doing something insane! Totally out of her mind!!"

"What is she doing?" Chinabi asks as she sits down at the kitchen table. She sighs, hands a plate of pancakes, answers back to Chinabi. "She's planning to resign from your old school."

"Eh?" Just as Chinabi was about to cut into her pancake, she looks up stupified. "Why would she want to do something like that? Got a clue Yuuki?"

"Nothing comes to mind as to why she would do such a thing."

"I suppose it's to surprise Yuuki when he gets out of his coma. I hope he comes out of it soon..."

Chinabi notices her melancholic expression and asks Yuuki about her idea. "Hey Yuuki..."

"Yeah?"

"Should we tell your mom the truth?"

"I wonder if we should... but then there will be a possibility mom will end up treating you differently."

"True... but look at Mayumi, she's been ecstatic about knowing that you are here with me."

"Hmm, then why don't we try an indirect way of telling her."

"Okay. Mom can I ask you something?"

"What is it Chinabi?"

"I've been thinking that, would it be strange if Yuuki's conscience is somewhere else?"

"His conscience? I've heard stories from others that when people are hospitalized, they're conscience goes on a journey."

"A journey?"

"Yes. The journey is simple too. They say that this journey is simply a long walk down a winding path in front of them. At the end of this path, they meet God."

"God? What does God do?"

"He lets them know if their time is up or not. If it's not their time to pass on, he tells them to walk back the path and when they come back go the beginning of that journey, they wake up back into the real world."

"I see."

"Does that answer your question Chinabi?"

"Well, yes and no."

"Oh? Then can you clarify what you were asking in detail?"

"Well, do you ever feel like Yuuki is around us, even if his body is at the hospital?"

"Now that you mention it... I've been getting that feeling that Yuuki's been home all along ever since you've began staying here. It doesn't feel lonely here, but when I realize that he's still being hospitalized, it does hit me hard."

"Yuuki... I'm going to tell her."

"... The outcome is on your hands."

"Alright. Mom, I have something to tell you."

"What do you want to tell me Chinabi?"

"Yuuki's conscience has been with me ever since he's been hospitalized."

Yuuki's mother continues to look at her with a poker face. Her expression couldn't tell you whether or not she is shocked nor serious. She just sat there silently and Chinabi continues.

"You don't have to believe me, but Yuuki has been with me for a while. Every day we switch places. Yesterday, he was controlling my body and for today, the real Chinabi is here."

"...Is that so? I guess my assumption was somewhat correct it seems."

"Huh???"

"Eh? Mom assumed this would happen? That's eerily creepy of her to assume a possibility like this."

"Wait... so you knew?"

"Not at first, but I had my suspicion and saw the hints."

"Hints? What hints did you see?"

"Hmm... The first hint was when we first met."

"When we first met...? Oh! I remember."

Yuuki's mother nods her head and explains, "When I mention that Yuuki was rejected, your expression worsened, then you asked for his violin and played the same exact song he plays when he needed to calm down."

"Ah, I see. That was Yuuki who was controlling my body that day."

"Is that the truth? I'm glad to know that." Yuuki's mother ends her words with a smile, but tears were streaming down her cheeks. "Mom?"

Without saying a word, she gets up, walks up to Chinabi, and wraps her arms around her. She nuzzles her head against Chinabi's hair and says, "I'm glad my boy is ok. That's all Chinabi."

"I miss you too mom."

"He misses you too." She only nods her head and continues to embrace the girl who is connected to with her son.

Some time has passed and Chinabi is already on her way to school. As usual, the two begin their morning banter to make the journey enjoyable.

"Seems like everything at your household is doing fine with them knowing that we're in this weird situation."

"It seems so... Now I'm wondering if they'll end up pushing you towards me. ...Ah that would be troublesome."

"Yeah... Well, we'll see when we cross that road right?"

"Yeah. When that time comes, we'll see."

Yuuki's words has some relief to them even though he didnt know he was hurting Chinabi. Chinabi endures the sudden ache in side and continues on as if nothing has happened.

"Morning Chinabi." A familiar voice calls out to her from behind. Chinabi turns around and sees Rika waving hi. "Good morning to you too Rika." The two meet up and then begin their walk to class. "Hey Chinabi, I'm planning to visit Yuuki after school. Wanna come with me?"

"The choice is yours to make." Yuuki tells Chinabi. Without hesitating, Chinabi agrees with her. "Sure, let's go visit Yuuki. I'm sure he'll be glad to have our presence with him."

"I think so too. I wasn't able to visit him the last couple of days so I want to make it up today."

"I see. You're an avid visitor of Yuuki."

"Why wouldn't I! He's my saviour after all. I need to be there for him just like when he was there for me."

"Technically I was there just because I was walking home. You were preoccupied by something else." Yuuki retorted in Chinabi's mind. Chinabi chuckles and Rika reacts negatively towards her. "Hey! What are you laughing at?!"

"Oh it's nothing. I just remembered something last night. That's all."

"Is that right? Anyways, I plan on doing something I've always wanted to do whenever I went to visit, but I'm such a scaredy cat. There are times where I mustered up the courage to do so, but then I chicken out last second."

"What's your plan all about?"

"Well..." Rika stops and looks away in embarrassment. She turns back towards Chinabi with beer ree cheeks and with an innocent smile. "I want to kiss him."

"Eh???"

"Huhhhh?! Oh hell no! Let me wake up this instance!!!"

"Yuuki! Quiet down!"

"No! Make me! I don't want to be kissed by her!"

"Deal with it!"

"Chinabi, are you okay? You've gone silent."

"Huh? Oh, sorry about that. I was just surprised is all."

"Surprising? You're living in his house! That's more surprising to me! You've gotten ahead of me!"

"...But I don't like Yuuki like you do. I like him as a friend, but not like a significant other."

"...I'll take it as face value for now. I hope that there's no one else who's trying to win his heart."

"Haha... Good luck with that." Chinabi chuckles and remembers that Kaede has already beaten Rika on many levels.

Rika and Chinabi has reached their class and sit at their respective desks. They begin to pull out their supplies and notebooks and get ready for today's lesson.

That was until something happened that Chinabi nor Yuuki couldnt have expected.

Standing in front of the class was a girl with long light blue hair and red subtle eyes. The uniform she is wearing is different from everyone else in the school. It was a sailor uniform with dark blue accents around the collars and sleeves of the blouse. Her navy blue skirt hid her slim legs from the others.

Holding her chocolate colored school bag in front of her with both of her hands, she gives an innocent smile and just as she was about to introduce herself, Chinabi utters her name in surprise. "...Kaede Nozomi..."

"Ah! Chinabi! It's a pleasure seeing you! I'm glad I have someone I know as a classmate. I'm relieved!"

Everyone turns to Chinabi and begins to question her. "Chinabi you know her?"

"Is she a friend from your old school?" Chinabi answers them back, "I would say not friend nor classmate, but acquaintances. We only spoke a few minutes the day we met." After answering her questions, Rika asks a joke, "Chinabi, could it be that the reason on why you don't like Yuuki is because you're a lesbian?"

Just before Chinabi can retort, Kaede interjects herself into the conversation. "Yuuki? You mean Yuuki Yoshida?" Surprised that Kaede knew Yuuki's full name despite being a new student, Rika became curious and digs deeper, "You know Yuuki too?"

Kaede nods her head and says with a faint smile, "Yes I've known him for a long time. We're close friends to the point that our classmates always mistaken us for a couple."

"I-I see..."

"Hey, sorry to ruin the reunion, but, you three can continue your conversation during recess. I still have lesson to teach." The teacher says. Kaede excuses herself and then introduces herself, "I'm Kaede Nozomi, a transfer student just like Yuuki Yoshida. Please take good care of me while I'm here. Also Chinabi, please help me around the school later okay?"

Chinabi simply nods her head as she listens to a forgotten boy in her mind.

"I'm so ruined... Why is she here? No... no... this must be a dream! This is why mom was okay with this whole body swapping phenomenon!"

"Yuuki! I'm sorry to say, but this is the reality and not a drea. Kaede is really here in front of us."

"...I'm going to sleep. I'm tired."

"Okay. I'll see you later when you wake up."

"Yeah..."

Chinabi feels Yuuki's presence weaken. Its still there, but faint. This means Yuuki hasn't fully wiped out his presence.

***

Its lunch time and before Chinabi can pull out her lunch, Kaede gets her attention first. "Chinabi, may I bother you?"

"What's wrong?"

"Know a place where we can speak in private?"

"We can go to the roof."

"Hey, if you're going to the roof, then I'm coming along!" Rika says from the side. Chinabi and Kaede looks over and see Rika with her arms across her and in one of her hands she was holding her lunch box.

"Ah... and you are?"

"Rika! Rika Fuyumi! The girl Yuuki saved on his first day here."

"Ahaha... I see, so you're the reason on why Yuuki is in the hospital."

"Eh? Kaede... is it me or did your tone just then sound a lot more colder than usual?"

"What ever are you talking about Chinabi? I'm speaking the same way from before, haha."

Chinabi notices Kaede's chilling tone, but Kaede reassures her with the same cold tone.

"So Rika, why would you like to come with us?"

"Because, I'm curious as to why a friend if Yuuki suddenly transferred over. Also, I have the key to rooftop."

"If that's the case, then please tag along."

Kaede turns around and walks out the door, Rika runs over to catch up with her and Chinabi was left in her seat. She lets out a heavy sigh and thinks to herself, "Kaede is surprisingly scary when it comes to Yuuki. I wonder if Kaede really loves Yuuki... I mean she broke his heart because of a joke. Why is all this happening? Why is this happening to Yuuki?"

She ponders for a while and leaves it all in her mind and meets with everyone on the roof.

"So what did you want to talk about Kaede?"

The three of them are sitting on a bench while eating their lunch. "I wanted to talk about Yuuki."

"What about Yuuki?"

"Have you been visiting him lately?"

"Not the pass two days. A lot of unfortunate things have happened in my life so I wasn't able to visit him. Rika and I plan on visiting him after school today."

"Is that so? I'll come with you then."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Ne, Kaede, I wanted to ask, how is Yuuki like? I know I've only meant him for a day, so I wouldn't know to much, but for you who has been friends with him for years! - How is he?"

Rika asks Kaede with a curious tone. Kaede looks at Rika surprise by her question. Kaede places her utensils down and her face made a melancholic expression. "Yuuki is an amazing person if I were to describe him. Both inside and out."

"What do you mean?"

"Yuuki is like a mom to his friends, he does everything for them. He's always there for them when they need someone the most. He helps our friends with their homework and sometimes he evens makes them lunch. Everything he does is for the people he cares for the most first. He doesn't think about himself a lot and he can get by with the most minimal resources."

"Wow! Yuuki seems like an amazing guy!"

"He really is... That's why-" Kaede pull out something from her skirt pocket and in her hand was a small dark blue satin box and continues to say something that will shock Chinabi and Rika. "-When Yuuki wakes up, I'll ask him to marry me."

"..."

"Wah?! Wait! You can't do that!"

"What do you mean by that Rika Fuyumi?"

"I-its because I'm going to be his girlfriend when he wakes up!"

"What makes you think you'll be his girlfriend when he wakes up?"

"Its because he saved me and I owe him my life!"

"I see. What about you Chinabi? Do you plan on being Yuuki's significant other?"

"Eh? Me? I've never really thought of him like that."

"In that case, Rika is my rival huh?"

"It seems so. I won't lose to you!"

"But you've already lost to me already."

"Eh? You mean-?"

"Yuuki has fallen for me way before you came into the picture!"

"T-there's no way?!"

Chinabi wanted to help Rika by telling her that Kaede broke Yuuki's heart, but she didn't want to make an enemy out of Kaede.

***

After school, Kaede, Rika, and Chinabi went to visit Yuuki. When the nurse at the front desk saw all three of them, she gasps and say, "Oh wow! All three of you are here! Yuuki is such a popular. Maybe if I was your age I would go after him too tehee~."

The atmosphere darkens as Rika and Kaede made it clear to anyone that Yuuki is off limits. Chinabi on the other hand is chuckling wryly. After writing their names into the visitor's log, the nurse has given their visitor's tag and they went off to see Yuuki.

They reach his room and it looks like any normal hospital room. For Chinabi, however; Yuuki's room was a room filled with one bad memory that led her to being part of Yuuki's family.

"Afternoon Yuuki, it's been awhile."

"Hey Yuuki, sorry for not visiting you the past few days."

"Yuuki, are you awake?"

"Yeah. Been awake for a while now. Was letting things unfurl themselves since I can't do anything at the moment."

"Well, it'll mostly be Kaede and Rika who will poke and prod you today."

"I wish both of them will leave me alone. Having both of them in the room is making me tired again."

"Just bear with it for a while."

"I know..."

"Chinabi? Are you alright?" Rika asks worried. Chinabi turns to her, confused, "Huh? What do you mean?"

"You're just standing there silently. You didn't greet Yuuki." Kaede says in a sadden tone. "O-oh I see. Hey there Yuuki. I'm here."

"Can we go home now?"

"You'll have to endure their torture for a while."

"I don't wanna!! Let's go home!"

"Jeez, do you really hate these two?"

"Well, not hate really. I can't hate Kaede nor Rika. Neither of them didn't so anything bad. I'm at fault for my tantrums."

"Hey, Kaede, tell me more about Yuuki."

"Oh I would like to know more about him."

Both Chinabi and Rika asks Kaede. Kaede looks at the two and smiles. "I mentioned that Yuuki was like a mom to his friends right?" Chinabi and Rika nodded their head. "Hm, I'm not sure what else to tell you about Yuuki, other than he doesn't like it when you touch his things when he's around. He's messy sometimes, but his memory is superb, so trying to find something within his own mess is quite easy for him."

"Is that so? Have you visit him before? Like before this incident?" Rika inquires. Kaede nods her head and says, "Many times when he used to live by the seaside. We've always went to his house after school to study. His mom would also make us some snacks too."

"So you and Yuuki are very close then." Rika says, but Kaede's expression took a sudden downfall. "Well, I can't say that we are close unlike before, but yes, we are close."

"Did something happen between the both of you?" Kaede purses her lips and tries to smile. "Yes, something happened between the both of us and... It was my fault to begin with. Let's leave it at that ok?"

Rika nods her head and Kaede turns her attention to Chinabi. "Chinabi may I ask you a question?"

"Feel free to ask."

"How did you and Yuuki meet?"

"How did Yuuki and I meet?"

"Yes. I've been with Yuuki his whole life and not even once did he ever mention to me about you, so I'm curious as to how did the two of you meet."

"Um... Yuuki! I need help here!!"

"Just say that we met online."

"Yuuki and I met online."

"Is that so? Do you mind telling me what the two of you were talking about when you first met?" Chinabi notices the change in Kaede's tone. Each word she spoke sounded cold and it sent shivers down her back.

Could Kaede be one of those girls?!

"Yuuki, is Kaede really like this..."

"...No. this is the first time I've seen her this scary!"

"Ara~ara~ Chinabi you've gone silent. Perhaps you do like Yuuki too huh? I mean why else are you quiet? You should know the topics you and Yuuki had together quite easily. So tell me Chinabi... What did you and Yuuki talk about?"

"Geez! I didn't expect Kaede to be this scary!! I'm quite glad I got to see this side of her through you because I would be dead right about now."

Despite facing such a scary monster in front if her, Chinabi kept her cool and deceived Kaede with her best lie. "I gave him love advice."

"Eh?" Kaede was stunned to hear what came out of her mouth. That chilling tone disappeared and what replaced that was utter shock. Chinabi continues on, "He was telling me how he much he loves his friend and was asking help as to how to confess to her. I gave him the courage to confess to her. I really hoped that he would've gotten what he wanted, but... it's sad to see that it didn't go as planned."

Chinabi glances over to Yuuki and then back to Kaede. For a moment, she looks into Kaede's eyes and then shakes her head. She leans forward a bit to hide her lips from Kaede and with a tone small enough only for Chinabi to hear; she lips the words, "...Only because you decided to play a joke on him..."

Kaede only grits her teeth and sits back down. Rika who was silent and was listening up until now was putting the dots together. From what Chinabi said Rika finally knows the truth. Kaede rejected Yuuki. As for the reason, she doesn't know the details and only Chinabi knows what truly happened between the two.

***

"Wow, look at the time! Why don't we all go home?" Rika suggests after taking a glance at her cellphone. Kaede and Chinabi takes a look at their phones too and saw how long they were staying over.

Just before leaving Yuuki's room, Kaede lays her hand on his shoulder, leans in, and kisses Yuuki on the lip. Chinabi was indifferent but Rika was flabbergasted.

After kissing Yuuki, Kaede glances over towards Chinabi and Rika and then sneers. Rika only took her action as some kind of taunt, but for Chinabi; she knew what Kaede was saying just by her expression.

If you truly love him, then you should be able to do this easily.

Chinabi remains calm, but deep down she was actually hurt by Kaede's resolve.

"Chinabi, let's go home."

"Yeah. I want to lay down."

***

"Hey Chinabi. Where do you live?"

"Not to far away from the school and hospital."

"Is that so? My residency is in the same criteria."

The two have a pleasant conversation until the both of them encountered Mayumi, Yuuki's aunt.

"Mayumi"

"Aunt Mayumi!"

"Huh? Oh! Why if it isn't Chinabi and Kaede! Only returning now?"

"We paid a visit to Yuuki." Kaede says. "Ah? That's good. I should visit Yuuki too... Hm, I think I'll be able to visit him tomorrow. Anyways! Let's go home!"

Both of them nod their head and hurry to Mayumi's side. Kaede notices Chinabi doing the same and wonders why she's coming a long.

Mayumi can read the mood around her and decides to tell Kaede. "Chinabi is staying with us Kaede."

"Huh!? What do you mean she's staying with us?"

"Chinabi is previously my student when she used to attend the school I was teaching at. Not only that, her own mother has disowned her. My sis said it's okay for her to stay with us. She's literally family."

"If Aunt Shizu says so, then it can't be helped."

"Your mom's name is Shizu. I'll have to remember that."

"You can call her mom though. She's okay with it."

"I know that but... nevermind."

When all three of them arrived, Yuuki's mom greeted them.

" " "We're home." " "

"Welcome home. Oh! Hello there Kaede. I heard from Mayumi that you transferred to Yuuki's school today.

"Yes. I've transferred over. I'm fortunate enough that I'm in the same class as Yuuki and Chinabi."

"Wow! That's fantastic." Mayumi exclaims. Yuuki's mom, Shizu, glances over and said, "How did your resignation go?"

"It went smoothly! Sadly I'll have to finish this week before they can release me."

"Mayumi you resigned from work? Aren't you a teacher?"

"I'm resigning from Chinabi's school and I'll be trying to get into Yuuki's school."

"You're such a doting aunt to your nephew." Shizu teases her sister. Mayumi averts her eyes away from her and says, "Its whatever. Yuuki's school seems interesting especially when three girls will be trying to win him over."

"I see..." Shizu then notices Chinabi heading upstairs, "Heading up Chinabi?"

"Yeah, just tired. I want to rest for a bit."

"Ok. Dinner will be ready in a bit."

"Ok!"

Chinabi heads up to Yuuki's room. Once she was in, she flops onto the bed and exhales.

"Tired?"

"Exhausted."

"Me too."

"But you didn't do anything today!"

"It was because of Kaede."

"...I'll give you that. She's a good friend, but she's also scary to a point."

"Yeah."

"Yuuki, I've been wondering..."

"What is it?"

"Do you still plan on trying to get together with Kaede?"

"...Honestly, after seeing that possessive side of her. I really don't want to anymore, but my heart still yearns for her."

"Well... I wish you luck. Kaede seems like the girl who's willing to kill anyone if anyone tries to steal you away from her."

"Please don't remind me of that. I only knew her good side and that alone made me fall for her, but now knowing the other side of her, I'm quite terrified."

"You basically just dug your own grave with you two sharing a coffin."

"I can see that."

Once Yuuki finished his sentence, someone was knocking on her door. The door opens up and a pair of red eyes appear from behind the door.

It was Kaede who welcomed herself into the room.

"What's up?"

"Dinners ready. Aunt Shizu asked me to call you."

"I'll be down." After speaking, there was a moment of silent. Kaede looks around the room and says, "This is his room, right? This is Yuuki's room."

"Yes it is."

"...I'll be sharing the room with you. Aunt Mayumi and Aunt Shizu asked me if they wanted to sleep with them, but I wanted to be in his room. I feel at peace when I'm in his room."

"I don't mind sharing the room, but if we're sharing the bed, just don't hug me when we sleep." Kaede looks at Chinabi with a surprised expression, but she then smiles and says, "No promises! You may be one of my rivals in love, but you seem like a little sister to me. Anyway, let's head down and eat dinner. Aunt Shizu made fried chicken tonight!"

Kaede leaves Chinabi and Chinabi was left stunned with Kaede's words. She saw her as a little sister? The two are almost the same age and in the same grade level!

Chinabi ended up shrugging it off and head downstairs to join everyone for dinner. Things went smoothly and everyone was satisfied with Shizu's cooking. "I really missed eating your cooking Aunt Shizu!"

"I'm glad you enjoyed it Kaede."

"Hehe! My sister's cooking is the best!"

"Why don't you cook anymore Mayumi? You used to cook a lot when Yuuki was here." Shizu jabs her own sister with a surprise attack. Mayumi was caught off guard and averted her gaze.

"Well, that was when he was young and when he couldn't cook yet. I enjoyed cooking for him, but the last time I came to visit the both of you, he was the one cooking and I hate to say it, but he cooks and bakes better than me! My pride as a woman has been tarnished by him!"

"Haha, I know what you mean Aunt Mayumi. Yuuki is too good at many things. I want Yuuki to depend on me, but at times, I'm depending on him."

The three of them begin to talk about Yuuki. Chinabi on the other hand just listened and spoke to Yuuki.

"Yuuki, you are the ultimate housewife."

"I didn't try to be one. I just wanted to take care of others, that's all."

"But look at these three: your mom, aunt, and best friend, they want you to rely on them, but it seems like it's the other way around."

"...I guess, you can say it's my pride that's stopping me from asking help. You already know how I am."

"Yeah, but at least once in a while you can accept their offer. Doesn't hurt to let others help you out."

"I'll try next time."

"That's good to hear from the ultimate housewife."

"Quit saying that!!! I rather be known as a butler rather than the ultimate housewife!"

"Hmm, nah, you're a housewife."

Yuuki sighs and just surrenders. Even if he disputes it, he knows he'll just be talking to a brick wall.

After dinner, everyone begins to get ready for bed. Chinabi and Kaede are sharing Yuuki's bed as planned and both of them are laying beside each other.

They spoke to each other in the moonlit bedroom.

Chinabi was looking outside the window and was staring at the moon, wondering when this phenomenon will end.

I wonder... if Yuuki wakes up from his coma, will things still be the same for both of us. Kaede is here now and I wonder if he'll spend his time with her...

As Chinabi thought of that, a sharp pain aches her heart. She grits her teeth and suppresses the pain deep down. The thought of being replaced by Kaede hurt her without even thinking about it. She begins to deny the feelings, but just like a boomerang, it always comes back. Sometimes even harder than she thinks.

"Hey Chinabi?"

"Hm?"

"If Yuuki wakes up, should we make him sleep with us?"

"...Well, that's something I don't want to think about right now."

"But let's think about it right now! There's no other rooms in the house and both of us are guests. Not only that, we are using his room!"

"But we're at that age Kaede, we shouldn't be sharing a room with a guy."

"Blah blah! Who cares about that nonsense! Since you're not sure, then its decided! I'll make Yuuki sleep with us. He'll be in between both of us whether he likes it or not."

Chinabi was speechless and just nestles into her pillow. She closes her eyes and tries to fall asleep, but as she was about to fall asleep, she can feel Kaede move up to her and wrap one arm around her.

"Chinabi... I really miss Yuuki... I thought that being in his room would make me feel at peace, but my mind tortures me by replaying that day over and over again. I wish he'll wake up soon so I can explain myself."

Another shape pain erupts and Chinabi endures it in silence. She then turns around to see Kaede's worried face. She pulls her in and gives her a hug.

"He'll wake up soon. And when he does, you can tell him how you really feel and apologize to him."

"...Yeah, that's what I intend to do."

"Good. Let's go to sleep then. Goodnight Kaedr."

"Goodnight Chinabi."

"Goodnight Yuuki."

"Night Chinabi. Tomorrow's my turn huh?"

"Stay cool. I know Kaede is here and you'll be on edge."

"Yeah, I'll do my best to get through the day without breaking down."

"Good luck."

"Thanks."

And with their last words spoken to each others they went to sleep and wait for the new day.

9