Chapter 2
640 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sayuri finds herself in a strange place, it feels alien and like home at the same time. A female Kitsune approaches her, she finds herself unable to look away from her nine tails. “Little one, you have inherited my blood. An outside force is forcing an early evolution on you.

This would normally weaken the one forced, I however refuse to let weakness taint my blood. I will aid you in this evolution this one time, it is too soon for you to be here. Use this power I give you, fail against someone you should have succeeded against, and I will strip my bloodline from you.

Temper yourself against these nobles they set you loose amongst, I shall reward you for every victory. Feel free you take their women, I will bless you so you can handle them. Just remember you are kitsune, we bow to no one! Unless they earn it, then you can show them respect.

It has been to long sense a true kitsune walked in your world, only crippled ones have walked for some time. Free your sisters from those who bind them, their matriarchs will reward you. They will serve you well, now you need to return to your body.

Next thing Sayuri knows is that she is waking up, the elf gone from her room. She thought she would at least be a little sore, instead she feels the best she has in her life so far. Remembering what the kitsune said in her dream, she pulls up her status.

Name: Sayuri

Race: Molten Kitsune, three tailed

Classes

Main: Spear fighter

Minor: Mage

Level: 27

Stats

Strength: 168

Agility: 166

Dexterity: 173

Constitution: 167

Wisdom:165

Intelligence: 163

Charisma: 171

Affinities

Advanced: Metal, Lava

Basic: Fire, Earth

Her stomach growling shock her out of her daze. Sayuri exits her room in search of food, she sees a knight walking down the hallway. “Sir, where would I be able to get some food?”

“Go down a deck, it is near the middle of the vessel.”

“Thank you sir,” she then follows his directions and finds herself in a galley. A few others are eating scattered about the area, Sayuri grabs some food and sits at a free table and digs in. The food, beans and rice is simple and filling. Once done she returns to her room, she then did some basic exercises to stretch out her new body.

The next morning someone knocks on her door. Sayuri opens it and sees Celinia standing there. “Good morning, I see you benefited greatly from your evolution. We will be arriving in an hour, make sure you have all of your stuff before you leave the vessel. Once there, you will undergo a second exam. This one will determine your starting class rank and will aid us un placing you in the correct classes. Good luck, we will talk more after that.”

She then left Sayuri alone once more. She went over her armor, making sure it looks as good as possible. She then puts it on, checks to make sure her dagger is set correctly on her hip. The she grabs her spear and pack, heading up top. Once there she sees eleven other airships all coming in for a landing at the same time.

The campus is massive, bigger then her hometown. The buildings made out of white marble, it made for a impressive sight. Once the airship lands a voice rings out. “New students, exit the vessels. Welcome to the Royal Academy, follow the knight you see once you exit the vessel. You will be taken to the testing area.”

Sayuri followed orders, joining her fellow students in exiting the vessel. She looks around at the others, surprised that there where so many. Then she looks at them and sees a bunch of shiny armor that shows no sign of use. There are also weapons that are to fancy to be of any practical use.

She is surrounded by a bunch of noble brats, she then sees the knight. She motions for them to follow then starts jogging and a fast pace. Sayuri quickly catches up to the knight and keeps pace with ease. She know part of it is her new body, though she would be able to do it as she was just with more difficulty.

She glances back to see all the noble brats struggling, she struggles to keep her face under control as others like her settle in alongside her. While the gear is of various qualities it all has one thing in common, it has signs of use. The weapons are practical and usable.

After about twenty minutes Sayuri arrived at a large stage. The knight looks them over and orders them into a single file line. With a quick look she notices that the line is based on the level of exhaustion of the person. She is at the front of the line, followed by her running partners.

The knight then stood two meters in front of Sayuri, then the same voice from earlier rings out once more. “The rankings will now begin, follow the directions of the knight in front of you. Any attempt at bribery or alter the results will end in that persons rejection by the academy.

You will receive a class placement in a class ranked F to D, these are the first year classes. Then you personally will receive a ranking, Iron to Gold. This will show your overall value to the academy, noble ranks have nothing to do with it so do not ask. Stars can be rewarded, these will grant a greater deal of rights. More will be covered in your first class.”

The knight in front of Sayuri then spoke. “First in line, step forward and turn left. Follow the person in front of you.” Sayuri nods and does so, follow a rather tall werewolf as they continue in a straight line until the end of the potential students then the line turned right. After three meters the line turns right again, then the line slows.

“Class E, Rank Silver, no stars....” This continued on, due to the lack of information and that she is to short to see. Sayuri tunes it out, keeping an eye on the werewolf in front of her and an ear out for any orders.

After a bit of time, it is her turn. She can finally get a good look at the person speaking, she is a majestic looking lamia. “Step forward and place your hand on the orb.”

She does so, her eyelashes flicker from the bright light. “Class D, Rank Gold, two stars.” Sayuri then follows the motioning hand of a knight, she is handed a paper with the information she just found out on it. “Find the tent with matching information on it and take a seat in it.”

Sayuri follows the instructions, as she walks through the tents. She notices that the signs only had the class and rank on them. The type of tent also varies, with nicer tents for those who scored high. After a bit of looking, she found the correct tent, currently empty with a verity of seating options in it.

For a moment she eyes one of the padded normal chairs, while tempting she knew that with three big fluffy tails it would be hard to sit comfy in it. She ended up setting her spear in one of the weapon racks along the edge and settling cross legged on a cushion.

Sayuri decides to not waste this time, she closes her eyes and starts cycling her mana through her body. She chose this over faster ways to grow her power due to its relative safety. Other methods would leave her vulnerable to injury. She recalls one of the first lessons she got on magic.

All beings that have mana can grow stronger by cycling their mana through their body. This will infuse their body with mana, making it stronger and easier to absorb mana from the environment. This is the slowest and safest method, now to start. Reach out to your mana, once you have it start guiding it through your body.

Let the mana guide you, it will naturally follow the mana pathways in your body. These pathways will also be nurtured by doing this, they will slowly expand allowing you to cycle more. Eventually your body will start to do it on its own, this is good. Though it will never be as fast as doing it yourself.”

Sayuri falls into a trance and loses track of time, after a unknown amount of time passes. A hand on her shoulder calls her out of the trance. A two tailed werecat is smiling at her. “Good, now that everyone is with us we have some things to go over. This school has three main courses to it combat, non-combat and support.

All of you are registered in the combat class due to the classes you have. Non-combat are made up of classes not suited for combat, think cook, blacksmith and others like that. Support is for healers and buffers, these individuals will work with combat parties in the field.

The main reason I went over this is to help when I talk about the uniforms you will be required to wear. If you look at mine you will see several things we will touch on. First the course colors are white for teachers, red for combat, yellow for non-combat and green for support. These will be the color of your uniforms shirt.

On the left shoulder is your rank markings, teachers do not wear one of these normally. I have worn one so you can see what you are supposed to wear. The plate is gold edged due to your rank with your class letter in the middle, under that will be any stars you have earned.

Besides your colored shirt you will be expected to wear the black pants or skirt based on your preference. White socks and black shoes are also required, these have also been provided to prevent any issues. Everyone will be provided a jacket, wear it when you are cold just make sure your plate is always visible.

As gold ranked students you will have more resources made available to you, one of the big perks is you will have individual rooms. We are now going to go over to your dorms and get you settled. Next to your doors on the inside of your rooms will be a guide on what you will need to do.

This will vary due to rank and stars, if anyone tries to take any of these rewards you are permitted to prevent it. You can use any degree of force you deem needed, do not worry about who they are. If they try and cause issues for you with outside forces, we will deal with it. The same though goes for you, if you try anything on someone they can retaliate. Follow me so we can get you settled.”

The teacher then leaves, leading the way towards the only permanent structure Sayuri has seen. The white marble building is a large rectangle, as they enter she lets out a small gasp. The room is full of portals and knights, a portal is about the same size as a normal door. It is a rectangle of rune covered stone with a glowing vortex in the middle.

The teacher makes her way to one of the portals and walks in. Everyone follows, Sayuri feels like she is floating for a moment. Then she is on the other side of the portal, stumbling a bit as she did so. Once she recovers, she takes in her new location. The teacher then leaves this portal room and enters the building.

“Welcome to the gold rank dorms, look around and find your dorm. Your name will be on the door. Remember to make sure to get everything done you need to. You will be starting classes tomorrow, directions to your first class will be left your rooms.”

12