Chapter 2-9
12 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Caesar prowled the streets with his back hunched low, his eyes scouring the path ahead. His gaze darted back and forth, searching for the trail. A grin formed on his dark mug as they located the red-tinged puddle he sought. The pirate lowered himself above the puddle, dipping a finger into the dark liquid. He’s close, he thought to himself as he brought the stained finger to his face. It won’t be long now.

“What’s your business here?” a lone farmer screamed from across the way, raising a thick spade to his shoulder. “We don’t take kindly to strangers in these parts. I will have none of your thieving shenanigans tonight!” 

Caesar lifted his attention from the puddle, swiveling his bald head around to lock eyes with the farmer.

“Beat it!” the farmer screamed, pointing the tip of the spade at the pirate. “This is my field! You have no right to it!” 

“My apologies,” Caesar smiled, raising his hand to his belt.

“I don’t want yer apologies. I said beat it. Now, do it! Scram!”

Caesar’s fingers fell on his flint. “As you wish,” he cackled, pulling his pistol free and setting the sights on the tip of the farmer’s nose.

The farmer’s eyes widened with fright. His fingers slipped from the spade, the sharp tool falling to the ground as he raised his hands in mercy. “Please, sir.”

Shree!

Caesar’s eyes shot towards the heavens as the fiery projectile closed in. It whizzed by the pirate’s head, the sharp squeal echoing in his ears as it passed.

“Ahh!” the farmer screamed, as the iron ball smacked into his gut. The projectile flipped the man off his feet, sending him flying through the air and disappearing into the field behind him. 

Caesar lowered the flint with a chuckle. His comrades sure knew how to make a mess. 

The flash of lightning brought the pirate’s attention to the task at hand. Caesar’s nose twitched with anticipation. Eager as a hound hunting a fox, he lifted himself to his feet and took off down the path.

3