Chapter 8
1.2k 4 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aside from my cell, there was no other room that I could see, only a long hallway of plain walls and floor. After only taking a couple of steps, I was already panting from exhaustion. It seemed the vines had added a considerable amount of weight to my body. In addition, the wounds were making it even more difficult to move. Cursing, I twisted several vines around my legs and used them to force my body forward. 

I quickly found the man. Or rather, he found me. I thought he had run away, but as I walked to the end of the hallway, he appeared again, this time along with half a dozen people wearing black robes engraved with golden patterns. His wound was gone. On his hand was a wooden cane engraved with intricate patterns, the top of which was decorated with a large violet gem.

“Oh, my beautiful daughter! You have shown me a magnificent scene indeed. I never could’ve imagined you being able to control the Demon rose so well, without losing your sanity. Ahh, but still, you are throwing quite a tantrum right now, destroying your home like that. Now would you kindly go back to your room like a good girl?”

The man said something I couldn’t understand, but I didn’t need to. I threw my vines at him.

[GRAND KINETIC BARRIER!] He raised his cane. The gem glowed as a white, bluish barrier appeared surrounding them. The vines were stopped by the new obstacle. They tried to crawl around to search for another way in, but the barrier left no gap to be found.

Perhaps there wasn’t enough force. I retracted the vines, curled them into the shape of a big arm, then swung it at the barrier. 

*BANG!!!* There was a loud noise and the ground trembled, but the barrier appeared unharmed. *BANG!!!* *BANG!!!* *BANG!* I kept going. The light around me started to flicker and dust was flying everywhere, but somehow his barrier still stood. 

However, cracks were starting to form on it. I twisted the tip of the vine hand into a drill and continued my assault.

*Crack* At last, the barrier broke. The man knelt down, out of breath, sweat running down his forehead.

"Haa…haa…Hahaha! Magnificent! Absolutely magnificent! Such strength, such precise control over the Rose! But you are still inexperienced, my daughter. A barrier's job isn't only to protect. Its main purpose is to buy time!"

It was then that I noticed what the robed men were doing. In their right hands were golden wands with emerald coloured gems at their tips, all pointed at me. On their left hands were glowing sigils floating in the air, which they had just finished writing.

[[[GOLD KING’S BINDS!]]] They chanted. I saw something glowing in the corner of my eyes. Looking down, I realised that on my arms and legs appeared multiple golden magic circles. 

What…"Gurgh!” I fell. My limbs suddenly felt as heavy as lead, and they pulled me down. I tried to get up, but the circles then stuck themselves to the floor like magnets. However, my vines were still free. I shot them at the men in robes.

[SHOCKWAVE!] One of them shouted. A powerful blast was sent from his wand, blowing away the vines. However, they quickly recovered and began to head towards their targets again.

[[[MANA DISTORTION!]]] They swung their wands in unison. Suddenly, I felt extremely dizzy. My head spun and my stomach churned. The vines wobbled and fell on the ground.

“Urgh… Blerghhhh!!!” I vomited. My ears were ringing and my vision was blurry. I could no longer control the vines properly. I tried to aim for the robed men, but my vines only thrashed around randomly, destroying everything but them. 

“ArghHHH!!!" DAMN IT!!! As a last ditch effort, I threw the vines in the grey haired man's direction. However, since they were slow, he was able to catch one with his hand.

“Play time’s over. Good night, my daughter dearest.” [LIGHTNING TOUCH!] 

Electricity burst forth from his arm and ran through the vines. “AAAHHHH!!!” I felt my body violently convulsing from shock as I collapsed.

46