Chapter 1
339 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm very sorry, both patients have passed away..."

The man bowed his head. He had experienced this kind of situation often as a doctor, but he couldn't help feeling nervous; he could never get used to it.

"Mr. Han died on the way to the hospital, it was DOA. We did our best, but Mrs. Han also passed away shortly after."

Despite that, as a professional, he explained what had happened to the family members.

"..I-I, oh dear"

"Master!"

67 years old Han Shuchang collapsed on one of the chairs in the hospital hallway, he couldn't believe he had to send away not only his son but also his daughter-in-law.

He could no longer listen to the doctor, he only buried his face in his palm. He whispered a prayer to God in hopes they would arrive in heaven safely, together with his deceased wife who had gone much earlier.

He looked up and saw his grandson still standing, tears formed in his eyes as he saw him not moving, he called out to him in a crying voice.

"...Hugo"

The boy still didn't move, his face was blank and his eyes remained at the door where his parents' bodies were.

Strange as it may seem, he shed not a single tear, it may have been from the shocking news of his parents' deaths, or the fact that he was the only one of the three to survive- no, it must have been both.

His grandpa called out to him again, but not a single response came. Han Shuchang grabbed his hands which formed into fists, Han Hugo still clenched his hands tight, still not uttering a single word.

"...you should treat your injuries first."

"..."

"Let your grandpa Yan go with you."

Yan Yu, the family's butler that had arrived with Han Shuchang looked at his young master complicatedly, his clothes were dirty and his hair was messed up, he had purple and blue bruises and were all bloody.

He was in grief when he heard the dreadful news that he had lost his master and madam, he simply couldn't believe it, what more was it for his young master who had lost his parents at the age of 17, not only that, he had to see it with his own eyes.

Despite the sadness, he was very grateful that at least the child survived, Hugo had a lot of wounds but had no major injuries.

Yan Yu thanked the heavens for it, he was sure that although he had lost his son and his son's wife, his master was as grateful as him, if not much more than that, that he would still have his grandson, his only family left.

When Yan Yu tried to lead his young master to another room for the treatment...

"...young master!"

The child had run away.

11