Chapter 4
253 9 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hugo peered at his grandfather thoughtfully.

"...Once I finish my studies, I will take care of the company... I will keep my word, so please be at ease and take care of your health."

"Dear child...you are still young so don't bother about the company and enjoy your life in the meantime, besides, grandpa had been working in the company for years, so a few more years is nothing much...also, if you don't want to work at the company, don't force yourself."

"No, grandpa...I want to...just-"

Han Hugo became silent, his polite way of speaking dropped as he bowed his head and stood up from his chair.

Slowly, he walked across and sat down beside Han Shuchang, not long after, he hugged his grandpa.

Seeing his grandfather's face that seemed to have lost its glow, the wrinkles and the tired expression that he thought he had hidden well, had triggered his emotions.

Hugo's eyes reddened.

The tears that he had been bottling up inside threatened to burst out, he spoke while sobbing;

"I don't want to stay here."

His throat clogged up and continued in a raspy voice, "Anywhere, any place, as soon as I see the things aroun-"

*cough*

He coughed as his words became more and more incomprehensible.

"...I can't sleep...what happened kept on replaying in my mind, vividly..."

"My mom...m-my dad, the-"

A series of coughs were heard as the sound of his crying became louder.

Han Suchang looked at him as he caressed his back gently, his hand however, kept trembling as his eyes moistened. Trying to hold back his tears, his eyes stared at the ceiling.

"I-it was me.., I was the one! It's all my fault...!"

The child soon started yelling as if doing so would bring them back, he was overwhelmed with guilt...

"...I killed them..!!"

Guilt for something he hadn't done.

*crash!!!*

Hugo jolted. He looked over at the broken pieces of porcelain after Han Suchang suddenly threw the vase placed on the side table, just beside the sofa they were sitting on.

Han Suchang breathed deeply, lowering his hand, he turned to him.

"..No."

His hoarse voice was barely audible, he held Han Hugo's shoulders with both his hands as he looked at his face.

"Look at me."

Hearing that, the child's evasive eyes slowly looked at him.

"It's not. It was not, is not, and will never be your fault."

He emphasized those words he uttered in a low voice, strongly.

"Th-that..."

"No."

"..."

"Repeat after me; It's not my fault."

"..."

Han Suchang urged him through his eyes.

"..."

"...Hugo."

"I-it was..my fault..."

"..."

"I-I mean not..."

"Say it louder, more firmly!"

"I-It wasn't my fault!"

Han Hugo exclaimed while crying, he felt so frustrated with himself.

The tears streamed down his face as he panted, his chest moving up and down, struggling to breathe.

It was hard as if his heart was stabbed repeatedly and crushed after.

How he wished this was all a dream...

Unfortunately, it was not.

9