Chapter 9
223 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next Day, Sunday.

*Bip-bip-bip*

White ceiling and black walls greeted Hugo's eyes as soon as he woke up.

Hugo tilted his head to his right, extending his left hand to turn off the clock.

5:00 AM.

He sat in a haze; a while later, he left the bed to wash his face.

Hugo changed into sportswear, taking his phone and AirPods; he left the flat. Hugo went for a jog around the flat complex's premises.

He went home after a few rounds.

*Bip-bip-bip-bip*

*click*

Hugo noticed the keys tray on top of the entryway table. Hugo swept his hair up as he fiddled with the car keys, 'One, two, three, four...'

"Six cars and a motorcycle..."

Hugo smirked, "That's gonna take up a large space in the parking lot."

□ □ □

*Whiishh*

After a quick shower, Hugo opened the fridge and grabbed some meat.

He washed his hands in the sink and then took a bowl, filled it with water, then put the frozen meat still inside its zip-lock plastic pocket in the bowl.

Hugo looked for the chopping board and placed it on the marble counter-top with a knife he had washed. Opening the fridge and taking a cabbage and a carrot, Hugo chopped about 1/4 of the cabbage and cut the carrot in half, putting back what was left in the fridge.

Slicing the vegetables into small cubes. Hugo then set a pan in the electric stove, and once the pan heated up, he placed a small amount of oil and had it heat up again.

Hugo took the pork meat from the bowl, opened the clear plastic bag, took a palm size of chopped meat and placed it on the chopping board. Soon after, he returned the plastic meat bag to the freezer.

After that, Hugo also sliced the meat into small cubes and placed it in the pan; he grabbed a wooden spatula and stirred it; when the pork turned brown, Hugo put the carrots he sliced and remixed, and next was the cabbage.

Pouring a small amount of oyster sauce and stirring it again, he put in a tiny amount of salt and sugar; after seeing that the food seemed fine, Hugo turned off the fire.

Hugo looked for instant rice and opened the packaging.

He held the bowl he had used before and lightly washed it in the sink. Taking a spoon from the kitchen cabinet, Hugo stirred the rice, breaking up the clumps after placing the rice in the bowl. Then Hugo poured a tiny amount of water.

Afterward, Hugo grabbed another bowl and placed the cooked meat inside the bowl from the pan. Not bothering to rewash the pan, he turned on the fire again.

Putting the rice on the pan, Hugo waited for about 1-2 minutes; then he stirred it with the spatula; once the rice was cooked, he poured some oil and mixed it with the rice. Hugo took two eggs from the fridge, cracked them open with the spatula and scrambled it with the rice; he put a bit of salt and stirred it again.

Hugo placed the fried rice in the bowl and poured the meat from another bowl on top; later, he put the empty bowl on the sink.

Taking the spoon he used before along with the bowl, Hugo walked to the table, sat there and ate.

Han Hugo only knew basic cooking and whether he cooked it correctly- he didn't care as long as it was edible.

6