Chapter 17
172 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hugo sat in the car, memorizing the road as his eyes stayed outside the window.

His green orbs strayed past a building, widening as if he remembered something.

"Uncle Chen...please stop by the supermarket? Preferably closer to my place..."

"Yes, young master."

With that, a few minutes passed and the car finally stopped.

"It's larger than I expected..."

"Yes, since it's close to many homes of upper-class families."

"Hmm..."

Hugo opened the car door as he slung one strap of his black backpack on his right shoulder.

Getting out of the car, Hugo turned to his Uncle Chen as he asked him.

"How close is this to the apartment?"

"Just a block away, young master..."

As he answered Hugo, his finger pointed to a tall familiar building, the apartment could be seen from where they are standing.

"I see, then you can head home now."

"But-"

"I will only be shopping for some things, then head home after, I already know the way."

"But your safety..."

Chen Jing’s words slowly went inaudible as his eyes met Hugo’s.

"I don't think I would use it here, but in case you forgot, I can defend myself well."

Having no other choice but to follow Hugo’s order, Chen Jing said helplessly,

"...then please inform me when you get home, young master."

"Sure."

Hugo turned to walk away; his right hand held his bag while his other hand waved Chen Jing goodbye.

As he walked to the supermarket’s entrance, Hugo glanced at the baskets used to carry goods.

After 2 seconds of contemplating, Hugo grabbed a cart despite not having much to buy.

Despite having servants to do all sorts of task, Hugo’s parents always preferred to go shopping themselves. As their child, Hugo of course joined them.

He used to sit on the small seating on the cart when he was a toddler, of course he never sat on it ever since he was old enough not to fit.

Hugo walked to the men’s area and grabbed a hair clay, placing it inside the cart, as well as a bottle of body spay.

Next, he went to the toiletries aisle and took two bottles of rubbing alcohol.

Hugo wondered around until he arrived at the household products aisle. He adjusted his bag as he placed some cleaning products for the bathroom and for laundry.

After finally grabbing one small and one big flashlight from the electrical goods aisle, Hugo started making his way to the cash register.

Well, until he glanced at the snack aisle and remembered his original purpose.

With his usual straight face, Hugo took 3 bags of potato chips in different flavors, 5 bars of dark chocolate, then took a bag of almonds...

His eyebrows lowered in thought as he glanced at the freezer, walking near it, he naturally opened and took 5 containers of coffee flavored ice cream. He wouldn’t eat them all at once, he’s just buying more to store inside his fridge, and no, he was not making excuses inside his head.

Thinking to himself that this would be the last stop, Hugo went to the sweets area, his green eyes rolled around in search for something, when he found it, he took 5 big packs and 3 small ones.

When Hugo really arrived at the cash register, he looked at the person across from him who kept on stealing glimpses of his face and sighed inwardly.

Hugo regretted not using the self-checkout machine.

Hugo took out his wallet from his back pocket, pulled the credit card his grandfather gave him and handed it to the casher, his grandfather actually gave two cards, but he won’t be using that black card any time soon.

6