Chapter 18
154 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Hugo finally strolled out of the supermarket, the sun was already setting.

Hugo thought of the red and orange hues he could view from his apartment as he held the two plastic bags with his left hand while taking out his phone from his pocket with the other.

He walked slowly on the street as he dialed his grandfather’s number.

Hugo estimated the time in China. He figured, since China is an hour later than Japan, it would be around 5pm, his grandfather might have just arrived home from the company.

*ring* *ring*

"My grandson!"

Han Shuchang exclaimed with joy after answering his call. Hugo had only been gone for a few days, but he already missed this grandson of his.

"How are you doing grandfather? I hope you aren't tiring yourself too much..."

"Aii this boy, this old man is still doing fine, just in time, I'm on my way home...How was your day? have you made friends? did you eat? make sure to sleep early..."

"My day was fine...yeah, I made friends, I haven't eaten yet, I just came out from the supermarket and on my way home."

Hugo’s lips curled as he talked.

"You should have asked Chen boy-"

"No, I wanted to do it myself."

"Hmm I see...so Hugo..."

"Uhuh…?"

"Found any girl you liked?"

Hugo’s footsteps stopped when he heard that absurd question that was completely off topic, but he answered nonetheless...albeit speechlessly.

"...I just arrived here 2 days ago though..."

Hugo said amusedly.

"Tsk, tsk, as long as you found it, it won't matter what time or place..."

"..."

"You better tell this old man if you ever find someone, it doesn't matter if they don't like you, I can just-"

"Grandfather."

"...Who am I kidding? Who would not like my grandson? Haha…"

“Not funny” was written on Hugo’s face, knowing he wasn’t joking as he claimed to be.

"...why did you suddenly bring that up?"

"...uh that...well…"

"Hmm?"

"You remember Lao Su? He's grandson is already married and have a child..."

"...If I remember correctly…grandfather Su's grandson is already in his early thirties, grandfather."

"Boy, it doesn't matter what your age is, what matters is that your grandpa's blood pressure kept on rising from that jerk's bragging!"

"I only turned 18!"

"It doesn't matter!"

"It does!"

"Then when?! "

"…I don’t know?! In 10 years?"

"Baa! I’d be dead by then!"

"Grandpa!"

Hugo finally arrived at the gate of the building after a round of serious discussion regarding his love and marriage life, well, at least that’s what Han Shuchang thought.

"My boy, let's continue this later, it's already close to 6 pm."

"Uhuh, goodnight, grandfather."

"Eat well! Goodnight!"

Hugo put back his phone in his pocket and headed to the entrance of the building. The security guard had already recognized him, so got inside very easily.

It was dusk and was getting dark, when Hugo inadvertently turned his head and caught a glimpse of a small silhouette by the garden.

“A child?”

Hugo heard a sniffing sound and went closer.

Then he saw a girl about 4-5 years old, sobbing while hugging her knees.

Hugo faced her and crouched down, placing the groceries on the ground.

"…What's wrong?"

Not knowing what to do, Hugo tried to appear harmless and softened his voice.

Hearing his question, the girl looked up, her nose full of snot.

Hugo patted his pants, trying to find where he put his handkerchief, when he did he wiped her eyes gently and put it on her nose.

"Blow…"

"Wah!!"

When asked to blow her nose, the little girl started bowling harder.

Hugo held her shoulders and patted her back helplessly.

"What's wrong? Won't you tell big brother?"

"Sniff- I-I Sniff wahh!!"

"Hmm?"

…But it seems like she's too busy crying.

6