Chapter 19
170 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The child didn't seem to stop crying.

Hugo wondered where her parents are, she seemed to be a resident.

His eyes turned to the plastic bags as Hugo patted the little girl's back, she started coughing from crying too much.

Hugo rummaged through the goods he brought, and found it…

One of the three small packs of gummy bears.

Hugo opened the pack as he sat next to the little sister, he didn’t bother to think if the ground would dirty his uniform, the ground was full of grass after all.

Hugo’s lips curled up as he started eating them one by one.

 A red one, next a green one, then blue...

He glanced at the kid who stopped crying and was looking at him, specifically the pack of gummy bears in his hand...

"Do you want some?"

Unexpectedly the girl shook her head...

"Why not? It's yummy"

Saying that, Hugo continued to eat, the rustling sound of the plastic pack was heard.

"...my mo-sniff, my mommy said not to take sweets from strangers-cough"

Hugo smiled at the little sister who knows how to be cautious.

"...hmm you're right..."

"…sniff"

Before she started crying again, Hugo quickly asked her, changing the subject.

"So won't you tell this big brother what's wrong? where are your parents? they must be worried, it's getting dark now..."

"...I can't...sniff"

"Hmm, why?"

"My leg hurts...I can't walk..."

Surprised when he heard that, Hugo quickly searched for his phone, putting the gummy bears on her hands, he turned on the flashlight.

"How did you get hurt?!"

Two inches was seen on the side of her left calf.

Hugo bit his lips, why hadn’t he noticed sooner?

"...that…"

The kid pointed at the ground a few steps away.

Hugo hurriedly grabbed his bag and searched for his water bottle.

"...Hold still"

He held her left foot while pouring water little by little.

The girl started tearing up again.

"Do you know which floor your home is?"

Hugo swallowed and asked her, softening his voice. He figured he should send her to her parents first and get first aid, they might also be worried about her whereabouts since it was already dark.

"...sniff-4..."

Hugo took a breath.

Four...but her fingers were saying three...

Hugo wore his backpack again and carefully carried her, avoiding touching her wound.

He ran inside the building and leaving the groceries there...

There were three rooms on the 4th floor, Hugo didn’t know which place she lives in, he thought as he went to the elevator...

5