Chapter 3 First Encounter.
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Break down the thunderbolt, Jack the slayer" Arel intoned.

Jack clenched his fist, he looked at him with admiration and saw sheaves of light zigzagging to his forearm before fading, he felt the power in his hand, the air slammed around him, satisfied with his power he stand in fighting position.

The wolf leaped the first open mouth, Jack slapped him in the jaw; the wolf recoiled with the shock for a moment, his tongue hanging out, the skin of his nose twitching like an angry wolf. He quickly raised the paw attacking Jack by the side that pushed him of his electric fist, the pique wolf twisted its blow by opening its mouth big to bite Jack to the torso; he dodged as he rolled back, the wolf reiterated its attack, Jack continued to retreat.

In the eyes of Arel who watched without being able to help her champion, the scene made her think of a dog playing with its ball.

Jack finally hit a tree rolling, the wolf took the opportunity to bite him; Jack jumped to dodge, the wolf bit the tree instead and had stuck its fangs in the trunk, Jack fell back on his back and clutched at its fur, the wolf managed to emerge from the tree by shaking its head frantically in all directions, stunned it did not feel Jack on its back immediately, when it became aware of his position it rolled on the ground, Jack fell backwards and rolled to the side several meters from the wolf, he got up exhausted with some scratch due to his fall, not knowing where to flee, he returned to his fighting position.

Jack thought he was going to pass, his vision was blocked, the wolf seeing that it had taken the advantage over its opponent, advancing without fear towards the outcome of this fight. Suddenly the wolf felt its paws immersed in water, he looked from where this current came from, it was Arel who had invoked a stream of water, then the air began to cool; Jack's breath was steaming, he looked in turn at the orb and saw that ice was starting to form around Arel, in an instant all the water had become an ice prison that had sealed the wolf limbs, leaving Jack the chance to retaliate in spite of his condition, Jack concentrated as best as he could to charge his lightning attack, he jumped to hit the wolf in the head, the electric shock put the wolf out of combat.

The body of the vanquished beast, vanished under thousands of bluish glittering stars that gathered as water condenses in a cloud, in a crystal where the colors of light blue to purple through the rose gradually subsist. Jack looked at the ice-cold tomb that had persisted with the footprints of the wolf, he picked up the crystal, looked at it from all angles, he could have held a dozen in his hand; he remembered that Arel had spoken of getting stronger by picking up crystals, he realized that his survival now depended on what he held in his hand.

Jack pushed the crystal with his palm on the orb, and without difficulty the sphere absorbed the crystal not leaving even dust, then he went to sit in the grass back to the sphere, he needed to be alone to reflect on what had happened, and without paying attention, he fell asleep.

Jack was now in front of the orb, his vision was cloudy as behind a waterfall, he blinked and realized that there was actually a waterfall, his view was now clear, then a little girl in a white dress crossed the waterfall without being soaked, her look was of confidence and pride but also love. Behind the waterfall appeared a dragon's head, Jack could see its black scales and its terrifying red eyes, Jack was afraid he tried to warn the girl of the danger but she did not listen, she remained motionless in front of Jack without paying attention to the dragon like she was frozen in time.

The huge creature sat up and roared through the waterfall, Jack heard a voice calling him by his name behind him, he recognized Arel's voice. The ground began to tremble under the flapping of the dragon's wings, Jack fell backwards and saw the dragon preparing to spit fire, Jack shielded his face with his arm and screamed in terror when he saw a flame coming out of the mouth of the creature, the voice which called him began to be stronger and stronger. Jack, who was expecting to be burned, found himself lying on the ground in wet grass with the only scratch of last night's fight with the wolf, he realized that all this was just a dream or in the worst case, a warning, but especially not a vision of the future, he reasoned himself.

Jack heard Arel's voice again, he got up in haste, there was only the orb next to him.

"It's me Jack, I can speak now, the power of the crystal had increase my powers." Arel said.

"Oh, it was you I heard in my dream."

"Yes I heard you scream I thought it was time to wake you up."

"I dreamed of a dragon" Jack confused continued. "I think it was the one you were talking about, it was fierce and gigantic, no way I face this thing alone."

"You will not be alone Jack, I'm here to help you, I can be useful, the ice of yesterday which trap the wolf was my idea."

"Thank you I appreciate the help." Jack said sadly

"Come on we are a team now, it is normal to help ourselves otherwise we will may not last long against the servants of the dark wizard."

"Tell me how magic works, is it like my lightning?" Jack interested said.

"For simple yes somehow, everyone has in his possession an affinity with an element you it is lightning. I just awakened your potential that is to say that if one day i disappear you will keep this power because it is yours, however do not use it too much or you will empty your mana."

"My mana ? What is it ? A kind of power source?" Jack asked.

"Yes I can recover it easily here, that's where the crystals you bring me are crucial because they simply increase my maximum absorption potential, however a monster can overcome me by absorbing my crystals at any moment but the process is long and the monster remains defenseless, this case must never happen Jack, it is the first duty of the champion to keep me alive. By the way, why did you arrive late yesterday, I had felt you at dawn what have you been doing all this time?"

Jack embarrassed looked for an excuse.

"A bird made me eat strange berries."

"What ?! I should get rid of them if they drug my subjects, that to the effect of a sleeping pills for humans, avoid taking back otherwise you might not wake up in time to fight and you will be kill."

Jack had just accused the bird without scruple but did not think Arel would take it seriously.

"When I woke up I saw all those fireflies shot here, and I found you."

"Well Jack, as you are the first one you will have the task today to increase our group by going to get the second champion, I feel that he has arrived and he goes towards the portals of the mage, you have to catch him and convince him to join us, otherwise he will die." Arel said.

The orb created a wicker basket with fruits, bread and a leather bottle inside.

"Take this food with you, it is edible, if you need anything ask me I'll see if I have enough magic to create it, I have to keep it for fighting, but I can example make you wooden planks."

"I'll think about it by going out to get our second member, your powers are very useful Arel » Jack said, thanking her with a curtsy.

"One last thing I did not tell you, by eliminating a monster you will become stronger physically, this is the key to your survival here."

Jack nodded and disappeared in the direction given by Arel in search of the invoked, he felt reassured by the fact that soon he would not be alone in carrying the burden of destiny of Arel, he disappeared in the forest with his basket on his arm.

0