Chapter 3 Neuer Anfang (New beginning)
57 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The 40% of the fleet made planetfall on Mars. Preliminary infrastructure has been set up by automated systems sent there the years prior. The ships would land in their designated docks, and whilst calling them proper docks would be an overstatement, this is what they were, or imitated. Regardless, upon “docking” the ships would serve as habitats, until the artificial biodomes that can sustain human existence were completed.

On the journey to Mars, The Imperial officials announced what the ID cards were used for. They instructed the colonists to press a certain spot on the ID card, which made it glow, and the back side of them listed the strengths and expertise of each colonist, their new occupation, which could be changed within reasonable means, and the ability to transfer and receive currency. Thus, the new Digital Reichsmark (RM) was introduced, as well as the inner and outer workings of the new system of governance, elections, laws, and ministries. Since the colonists had nothing better to do, they took this new information in with gusto, as the new Administration was quite frugal on entertainment systems, spending. The new system of Governance was introduced as an enlightened federal Monarchy.

The Family that would assume the mantle of the Monarch has been chosen and carefully groomed to serve in this position. They were called Austerlitz, and the first Monarch would be Kaiser Wilhelm Friedrich Austerlitz von Preußen. The Kaiser’s cabinet, personally approved by the Kaiser, and participants of the house of Lords ca. 50 noble houses including the elector counts, would preside over the ministries. The appointment to these ministries would be pragmatic and meritocratic. Tests on ability and skill would be done, in order to create a list of individuals to be selected for the positions. Family ties meant nothing here, since such corruption is what brought the planet and former countries to their knees. Nepotism was not tolerated. Skills and the sense of duty was what mattered. The leader of the ministries would be called Chancellor appointed by the Kaiser, who would also lead the national parliamentary assembly.

The Parliament would consist of two chambers, the house of Commons, that would be elected by the people, who would then vote for their 13 representatives who would meet up with the Chancellor and the 13 elector counts. The 13 elector counts, representing various industries, and contributing massively to the formation of the Imperium, were granted special positions within the parliament. The family heads could not be chosen for the ministries but would suggest legislation in the House of Lords. The Chancellor would then call meetings with the ministers, the representatives of the Commons, and the Lords to discuss and pass legislation to the Kaiser, who would then approve or reprove the bill.

The Kaiser and Chancellor would both possess the ability to call parliament into session on any level as well as veto any proposition. The Justice System was similarly structured, the position of Supreme Justice (honorarily called Justitia) could only be taken by unwed women, similarly as Vestals in ancient Rome, with the vow to the Goddesses Justitia and Athena. To reduce bureaucratic processes, the executive branch of policing the civilian population was delegated to the judicial branch, there were courts where civil affairs were represented insofar the case was difficult and complex, but the representatives of the judicial branch called Arbitrators could be seen as judge, jury, and executioners. The military, however, is where this nation shined. To quote the ancient words of Voltaire: “where most states have an army, the Prussian army has a state”. This remained a fundamental belief of the Administration as well as the colonists. To assert peace and prosperity, one needs to prepare for war.

The military was under the sole command of the Kaiser, followed by the field marshals. At the time of this writing, the military was not sizeable, but had to be modernised and trained. That is why 60% of the fleet made burn for Jupiter, where individuals capable to serve as researchers, developers, engineers, and innovators as well as soldiers were to continue their work, uplifting the Imperium to stand up to the threats the universe might throw at it. As Colonists arrived at both planets they began tirelessly working on various infrastructural projects, on Mars, these were mainly directed towards civilian life, whereas Jupiter was dedicated completely to the military industrial complex. For the colonists, this was a second chance, which many individuals stuck on dying Earth would not get, and they would be damned if they did not make it count. With renewed vigour and a sense of duty, the colonists alongside the various governmental departments reignited the new industrial era of mankind, Founding the capital city named Dresden on Mars and Karlsruhe on Jupiter.

With the first three chapters i wished to create a little backstory of how IPS justifies it's existence, now, my dear readers, in the next chapters, we shall get to the meaty bits. Stay tuned ;)

1