Chapter 10
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And so, the day had finally come. After a month of training and absorbing the theory regarding the things they would need to do, the Twelve would finally set foot upon the physical realm of the World they were summoned to.

It would finally allow them to train their actual bodies with the knowledge they had gained here. Some of them were itching a lot more to do this than others.

Although all of them were very impatient.

After all, moving through that portal would finally allow them to begin their journey for real.

And it would finally allow them to begin getting Ray back.

Yet, none of them moved. They were calmly listening to the last explanation that was given to them by the Goddess and her Apostles, some of which would return to their place in that World as well.

“And thus, the Kingdom you will be summoned to has already been told of this situation and they, along with all others that follow me, will do their utmost to help your quest and journey.”

“Once again, oh Goddess, thank you very much for this opportunity. Everyone! You heard the Goddess! From now on, the real test will begin!” Kal took his turn to speak.

He had prepared a speech for this occasion. Morale would not be a problem for them, they had always been waiting for the event that felt like their destiny. He simply felt that a speech was necessary, even if they would all be of one heart without a single word exchanged.

“Our resolve! Our will! Our talent and ability! We need to make sure that we never falter in any of these, or else the quest we have been waiting to go on will go down in flames!”

And yet, when he stood at this point.

“This world will look up to us and yet demand things from us! The weakest will make demands of us, the strongest!  Such is the Fate of Heroes!”

Even the usually stoic and cold Kal was overtaken by a whim.

“But that does not matter! We are the best! We are the Twelve! No matter the request, no matter the work, we will finish flawlessly! There is only a single thing that we must and may ever struggle with!”

His speech had already been shredded to pieces, but none of the Twelve looked at the pieces of paper.

They were of one Heart.

And they knew what Kal was saying.

“OUR OWN DESIRES AND DREAMS! AND THERE IS ONLY A SINGLE DESIRE THAT WE ALL HOLD NOW!”

It needn’t be said.

Nothing more needed to be said.

The Goddess and her Apostles stepped out of the way, they knew that no other words would enter their ears.

Their World was their own.

A distinguished Realm that no Divinity except their own could dare to intrude on.

“WE WILL TURN THIS WORLD UPSIDE DOWN! NOT BY THE WISH OF ANYONE BUT US! AND WE WILL FULFILL OUR DESIRES!”

Everyone stood up.

“RAY WILL RETURN TO US! AND NOT A SINGLE ONE WILL DIE, WE MUST GREET HIM AS ONE!”

And they moved through the portal.

No other sounds rang out.

And this was the day.

The day that the World was turned upside down.

***

And so, the day had come. After a month of training and absorbing whatever Mana and knowledge he could, Ray decided to begin trying for real.

No more hiding in a remote forest, no more suppressing his Mana. He was itching to finally begin encountering Earth’s true Mages and their craft.

He was impatient.

Finally releasing his Mana would finally allow him to begin this journey for real.

And it would finally allow him to begin getting the others back.

Yet, he didn’t release it. He was still suppressing his Mana and his burning heart to do one last check over all his equipment and accumulated skills.

His halberd was in peak condition, polished and shining against the light in his room.

His armour stood proudly, Mana Stones embedded in various places glistening in their own, gentle azure light.

His hammer, fully extended and powerful enough to smash most beings he had encountered.

His sword in his hands, in the process of being sharpened as he would not stand for swinging around a glorified slab of metal if it wasn’t an actual hammer.

His axe next to him, an edge sharp enough to cut through trees with ease, a considerable upgrade from the umbrella he started with.

A simple belt with several small bags, half filled with the powder he had prepared, the other with raw Mana Stones.

And of course, the most important weapon and tool of all.

His own body was bursting with renewed strength and vigour as he rested in preparation of beginning his objective properly. Muscles that had not missed their training for years bulged every time he pulled the massive sword across the whetstone in front of him.

He had no need for a big speech.

No further need for introspection.

He knew what he needed…

No.

What he wanted to do.

For him there was never a need.

Only desire.

His eyes didn’t just flicker, they blazed with his sincere wish and will.

His hands let the sword rest, its edge now a representative of his determination.

And so he gathered his tools.

No other sounds rang out.

And this was the day.

The day that the World was turned upside down.

1