1. A BATTLE YOU’LL NEVER FORGET
31 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello! Thank you for taking interest in my novel. English is not my first language but I hope y'all understood what I want to convey in this story :D There might be grammatical errors. It might be a cliche one but I hope you like it! Tehee.

As the cold moon floated in the sky, what was underneath that brilliance wasn't as nice. 

It was pure and utter chaos. Where fire blazes, weapons clashes, dead bodies, while rocks, and dust fly. 

The roar of monsters and the mocking laughter of a certain demon sounded awfully loud in Narin's ears. 

'How did it come to this?' 

A new and powerful demon suddenly emerged, swooping all of her allies into ruins. 

He had a terrifying aura that made her scalp go numb, knees weak, and chills that resembled a descending death could be felt from her nape and to her toes. 

Narin's face grew pale as beads of cold sweat started to form into that dry dirty forehead. The center of her brow was in a deep frown. But under these things was a gaze full of sharpness and lucidity. 

Everything about this demon is making Narin uncomfortable and the discomfort and pain she felt are continuously trying to wear her body down.

She was tired from fighting. But fighting is the only choice she has left.

Though fatigued, she could feel her heart beating with rage. 

Narin cannot stop. The things he did and the things she saw were all carved into her bones. 

'I have no chance of surviving. Fighting was the way for me to keep living, even if it meant it awaits my death.' 

It was an expedition that had gone terribly wrong. A supposed simple observation turned into a war between humans, the demons, and their terrifying pet monsters. 

She realized too late that what they did was also a form of invasion. This planet is something they did now but go their way in without prior notice just because they wanted to gather some data. 

Narin's mind quickly analyses all the information she gathered about this planet during this battle. The demonic energy that spreads through the air is extremely dangerous for the humans' normal body to inhale. 

In their race, there is a power ranking that is determined by the color of their eyeballs. Gray as the weakest demons, red as a commander-level, and black eyeballed demons are ranked extremely high.

A high-ranking demon. That is precisely the case with the demon Narin was facing right now. 

Tightly gripping the hilt of her sword, she stared at the demon hovering in mid-air fearless as the demon also stared back at her intensely. 

On the other hand, Narin's body is leaking with energy particles due to her injuries.  A critical and direct blow on her side. While the latter was in a very good condition to fight. 

Narin knew she was on the losing side. If her spirit energy continues to deplete, she won't be able to maintain her combat form. 

She will die trying today. 

But even knowing her fate, it was something that did not stop Narin from fighting to the death. 

"You're lucky. You'll be able to meet your fallen comrades soon. You must be grateful." 

The demon chuckled, his taunting gaze locked at the bloodied woman standing heroically below. There was palpable mocking and underestimation underneath those demonic eyes. His lips quirked up forming a smirk as his body slowly and steadily landed on dry land. 

He descended without breaking eye contact with Narin. 

Earthlings were proven foolish. They don't know the gap and the limits of their abilities. However, they were also proven as races that could evolve into terrifying existences. 

Adeon's deep gaze never left her. His ability was telling him something. 

This woman would become a monster.

No. A human with monstrous strength.

Should I kill her off the bat? Or should I let this seedling grow even more?

'How interesting.'

Narin's combat body is already gone, she had returned to her normal form after too much spirit energy loss. However, those eyes of hers did not show any fear. Instead, it remains firm and cold. 

'Humans are interesting creatures indeed. But they could be very annoying too.'

Yes. That kind of gaze that tells you the, 'No matter what,.' look. I hate that. However, as a prideful demon, like I was, I love a desperate fight. 

Not gonna lie, the others were completely wrong about humans being fragile. 

'As I see it, not all of them are.' An ominous glint flashed through Adeon's eyes. 

Anyway, he had enough fun killing those companions and had enough excitement seeing their horrified reactions before their death. 

However, what he wanted to see the most was those pair of orbs in despair.

Much to his disappointment, Adeon had never seen those eyes swaying. Even when he tried to get a reaction by killing someone in front of her.

"How heartless. You never shed even a single tear to your fallen comrades. I like that. It's very charming."

Adeon let out a captivating smile. With his outer appearance and overwhelming sex appeal, he looks devilishly handsome. Like a sin that all sinners were dying to commit.

Narin clenches her jaw  Her throat tightens, suppressing the scream that contains all of her emotions.

'You must not show weakness.'

'You must not show what's hidden underneath.'

'You must not let anybody else saw through you.'

Narin chanted in her mind.

But how could this demon who had no heart understand what she's feeling?

A man who does not know compassion and tears is ignorant of such humane emotions.

'How dare you...'

'How dare HE...mock my feelings? Without knowledge of having one?

"Well then, I shall give you a proper battle. That even in death cannot be forgotten."

2