Chapter 1: Burning Passion
83 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On 15 April 1955, in San Bernardino, California, United States, a building appeared out of thin air, a building that shook the world with its unique take on food. Though its food wasn’t the most delicious, the food was fast. It was as if the food was created in mere seconds, and yet it was still fresh.

 

The name of this building was named… McDonald's.

 

“I can’t do it, man… I CAN’T DO IT!” A poor worker, cowering in fear crouched down into a ball, hiding in the corner crying as he began to lose his mind.

 

“It’s okay Kaido, we just have to hold out for a few more minutes!” His co-worker rushed all the orders as fast as he could, but he couldn't do it, his hands were not as agile as he thought they were. During the moment he managed to accidentally burn himself, he screamed in pain as he fell back, hitting the floor as he cried, “DAMMIT! IT CAN’T END LIKE THIS!, I… I STILL HAVE SO MUCH MORE THAT I STILL HAVE TO ACCOMPLISH!”

 

“Heh…” A slight chuckle could be heard from the back of the kitchen.

 

“Who’s there!?” The co-worker yelled as he turned around, seeing a shadowy figure cross his arms confidently in the back.

 

“Who’s there? Don’t you know who you’re talking to boy?” He then came out of the shadow, wearing his bright red shirt and name shiny new name badge, his uniform clean and his sleeves rolled up. 

 

“IT’S- IT’S HIM!” The co-worker screamed in shock as he quickly stood up, “Grilling station 5’s Sergeant First Class Kagura!” 

 

“You, boy, what role are you?” Kagura asked the co-worker, towering above him in height.

“I’m- I’m an assembler, but my griller is out of commission, he can’t handle all these orders.” He then presented his griller, crying in the corner unable to cope with the stress.

 

“THEN STAND, I’LL TAKE THE LEAD!” Putting on his apron Kagura grabbed his spatula and began cooking.

 

“I- Impossible! There’s no way we can keep up with these orders at this rate! We can’t cook the patties in time!” The co-worker ran towards the assembly line desperately trying to create burgers from the tray of limited patties he still had left.

 

“USELESS, YOU HAVE NO PATIENCE AND DRIVE CO-WORKER! I’LL SHOW YOU WHAT MY BURNING PASSION CAN DO!” He then grabbed his spatula and opened the tray of raw beef patties.

 

BURNING PASSION TECHNIQUE 5: 

 

MULTIPLE 

PATTY 

SPREAD

 

Kagura then effortlessly placed 4 rows of beef patties at once in almost half a second, slapping them onto the grill and pressing them down.

 

“10… 9…” Kagura then closed his eyes, slowly counting the seconds as he cooked the patties, “6… 5… 4…” He then went silent, trying to wait for the perfect time.

 

“Ka- kagura!” 

 

“NOW!” Kagura then took his spatula and quickly placed them into the cooked beef patty tray with ease, the patties sliding off the grill like butter, stacking them one by one as he created multiple piles, “ASSEMBLER GO!”

 

‘I- YES SIR!” The co-worker now burning with passion quickly assembled burgers, throwing them into the ready section, “1… 2… 3” Counting with each burger completed he finally managed to complete assembling the last burger required for the order, “WE- WE DID IT! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

 

“THAT’S IT, MY CO-WORKER, THAT’S PASSION! BURNING PASSION!” Kagura then threw his apron and walked away, turning his back and waving goodbye, “Remember that boy, remember the burning passion I implanted on you today, and keep it there, keep it inside your heart every time you create a burger!”

“Y- YES SIR!” He yelled, saluting as he walked off.

 

The world of Mcdonald’s isn’t a simple one… someone cannot just make a burger, one must hone his craft, collect and assemble the skills necessary to create the perfect McDonald's cheeseburger, only then, are they considered a true Mcdonald’s employee.

 

But before all of that, one must go through the straining process… of the trials…

 

"Garry... Garry Donald was it?" The officer asked the young boy sitting in the chair in front of him. The officer seemed heavily decorated with his varied collection of ribbons stitched into his uniform blazer. 

"Yes sir that's me!" The boy enthusiastically replied.

 

“So, what drives you to become a member of Mcdonald’s crew?” 

 

“What drives me?” The boy stepped back and began thinking to himself, “Hmm…” It almost took him around half a minute before he could answer confidently, “I guess it’s the only thing I’ve ever been good at sir.”

 

“You’ve created a burger before?” The officer said in disbelief.

 

“Yes sir.” His confidence was astounding, a simple boy creating a burger?

 

“Pfftt, hehe, you’re a funny one kid, I haven’t met someone with enough balls to straight-up tell an officer that.” The officer laughed in the kid's face, having a bit of a chuckle as he bounced around in his chair. 

 

“Wh- what do you mean sir?”

 

“Making burgers requires equipment, training, the honing of skills, even if you did manage to make a burger…” The officer then glared at the boy in a disapproving way, “It clearly wouldn’t be fast enough to be up to standard.” 

 

“No sir! I promise I-”

“Promises, promises, promises… I don’t need promises I need results and seeing how this I’m not too sure you’ll survive McDonald’s basic training, I’ll see you by the end of the day if you manage to pass the exams, but for now… get off out of my sight.” He then closed the boy’s folder and tossed it back into his cabinet. 

 

The boy then walked out calmly, not saying a single sound as he exited the officer’s office, “D- DAMMIT!” He yelled, slamming his fist against his locker as soon as he made it into the changing room, “I’ll show those bastards… I’ll show them what I can do… because one day… one day… I’ll become Mcdonald’s Strongest Warrior!”

2