Chapter 10 – Dark Arts
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The class filed into the old Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom silently. This was a first, as my class was never silent; I was usually chatting up a storm with my friends, but today I was subdued, keeping my gaze on the floor as Terry tugged me by the hand to our usual seats in the back row. 

I took my seat, looking down at the desk as I folded my trembling hands in my lap. I didn't dare look up at Professor Carrow, who'd been so eager to perform the Cruciatus Curse on me when I'd first arrived, and who probably wouldn't hesitate to do it again now that he was allowed to. 

Kylie sat down on the other side of me, and Draco on the other side of Terry. The four other Slytherins that I was friendly with - Shannon, Pansy, Blaise, and Theo - all sat in front of me, and Terry muttered a quiet, "Thanks." to them. Why was he thanking them? 

"All right, brats. Listen up." Professor Carrow barked, and I jumped. "In this class you will be taught the useful skills needed to perfect the Dark Arts. I will be teaching you different methods of combat, the use and application of dark magic, and the application of the three Unforgivable Curses." 

There was an outbreak of muttering at this. I kept my head bowed. 

"Unforgivable Curses?" Kylie said, her eyes wide. "Are you fucking serious?" 

"All THREE of them?" Suzanne said, her voice trembling. 

"Silence!" Professor Carrow said roughly, and the class went quiet again. "And all eyes up here." 

I knew that he was speaking directly to me now. Reluctantly, I looked up. 

The class was emptier than it had been last year. The twins weren't here, and neither were Hermione or Dean; the former for being Muggleborn, the latter for not having any living wizard relatives to prove his half-blood heritage with. Speaking of, I reminded myself to ask Colin how he was able to get in. Maybe he lied about his family tree. But then, why would he want to attend here? 

But as I gazed around the classroom, my eyes finally landed on Professor Carrow. He was staring directly at me, a small smirk on his ugly, scarred face, his arms folded. 

"Now, then. Today, I thought we'd start off with learning the basics: the Cruciatus Curse." 

The class started murmuring again. Professor Carrow continued on as if nothing was wrong. 

"It is the most crucial dark art to know. You will be able to do many things with it, including getting useful information out of someone, breaking someone's resilience, and, most relevantly, punishing somebody disobedient." 

Professor Carrow's eyes glinted nastily at me. 

"It is relevant because we will be using this curse on students who earn detention, as practice and as the staff's preferred method of punishment." 

There was an immediate uproar, just like last night in the Great Hall. Terry leapt up from his seat, fuming, his fists clenched; Draco pawed desperately at him to try to get him to sit back down, all the while shooting glares at Professor Carrow; Kylie was staring at him with a disgusted look on her face; Seamus was telling Professor Carrow to 'get fucked, mate.' 

"I won't be performing the Cruciatus Curse on anyone that goes here!" Terry spat. "But maybe on anyone that tries to hurt my friends!" 

Professor Carrow took a step forward. "Is that so?" 

"Yes, that is so -" 

"I won't be torturing anyone, either." Kylie spoke up loudly, crossing her arms and tilting her chair back, an expression of pure disdain taking over the disgust on her face. 

"Me fucking neither." Draco said, his face flushed with anger. 

"I'll be torturing my classmates over my dead body." Shannon growled. 

"I daresay you all will, and the next person to speak up against me will earn their first detention." Professor Carrow said. 

Terry opened his mouth in defiance. Something inside me snapped; whether it was the sight of my best friend about to earn himself a Cruciatus Curse as a punishment, or the natural rebel inside me, or maybe both, it didn't matter; I was on my feet and staring right into Professor Carrow's eyes. 

"Don't worry, Professor, I already know how to use the Cruciatus Curse. You see, I've used it on you before, remember?" 

I tilted my head at him, smirking. Professor Carrow's face flushed like Draco's; glaring at me now, he spat out, "Aren't you supposed to be Head Girl, Potter?" 

"So? What's that got to do with anything?" I shrugged, placing a hand on my hip. 

"It means you're supposed to respect those above you and be a good girl." Professor Carrow growled. 

"I'm not a teacher's pet under any definition." I shrugged again, raising my eyebrows. "Surely you know this." 

"But you WILL do as you are told, Potter." Professor Carrow said. "I am your professor, and I will give the first detention of the year to you right now if you don't sit down and shut up." 

I tossed my hair back over my shoulder, looking him straight in the eyes. "I will never use the Cruciatus Curse on my friends." 

Professor Carrow's jaw clenched. He stared at me for a moment, perhaps taken aback by such open defiance, then turned to the class at large. "Who wants to volunteer to practice the Cruciatus Curse on Potter?" 

Immediately, three hands shot up across the classroom; at the same time, Terry shouted, "No!" and Kylie, Shannon, and Draco hurled insults at the three - Will Ash, Greg Spieler, and Floppy, whose eyes were black as the night today. Did he beat the real Felix at last? 

"Hmm... all right, Ash, get up here. You'll go first, then we'll let Malfoy have a turn, he's clearly eager." 

And Professor Carrow stormed around the desks, taking me by the upper arm, and dragged me up towards the front. Terry swiped desperately at me as we passed the back of his chair; Blaise's hand was clenched tight around his wand, his jaw clenched and his eyes glued on Professor Carrow. 

I was thrown unceremoniously onto the floor in front of the teacher's desk. Ash sauntered up beside me, grinning; Professor Carrow turned to him and started instructing him on how to perform a Cruciatus Curse. I was trembling and blood was pounding too hard in my ears to hear; adrenaline was pumping through me, and I shakily propped myself up onto my knees. 

"Okay, now try it." 

Ash stepped forward, his piercing eyes on me, and his wand pointed directly at my face. I shut my eyes as I took in a deep, shaky breath. 

"Crucio!" 

A sharp sting whacked into my face; I was knocked onto my back, sprawling out unceremoniously on the floor. Coughing, I raised a hand to my smarting cheek; it felt hot to the touch. 

"That was good for a first try, but remember: you REALLY need to mean it. Keep thinking of your intentions." Professor Carrow's voice said above me, and I looked up. 

Ash was raising his wand again, his eyes narrowed in concentration, and again he yelled, "Crucio!" 

This time, a very tame version of the pain I felt when the Death Eaters or Riddle tortured me rocked through my body. I shook violently as a stinging sensation snaked through me, twisting when it reached my nerve endings and burning out, causing little sharper stings like severe pins and needles to burst out all over me. I panted, glaring up at Ash through my hair that had decided to fall all over my face. 

"Good. Try again." 

Third time lucky. When Ash said, "Crucio!" again, I knew he'd got it right. A pain very similar to Professor Carrow's Cruciatus slammed into me, and I fell back against the ground, jerking and shuddering and screaming. I felt like my skin was being scraped off with a knife and salt was being rubbed into me; I felt like I was being burned alive in a raging fire. 

When I resurfaced, I rolled over onto my side, still jerking from the after-shocks. I could see Ash's bright, gleaming eyes, his face lit up with triumph. Professor Carrow was holding up a Shield Charm with his wand, against which Terry, Draco, Kylie, Shannon, Blaise, Seamus, and Suzanne were trying to force themselves through, shouting and pounding on it with their fists. Quite a few of them were swearing at Professor Carrow, but he simply watched them, smirking again. I saw Theo, Pansy, Ernie, and Anthony standing up at their desks, their mouths open in shock; Lavender, Parvati, Neville, and Susan were sobbing, Lavender burying her face in her hands. The rest of the class looked traumatised, with the exception of Floppy and Spieler, who were grinning widely. 

"Your turn, Malfoy." Professor Carrow motioned to Floppy, who was on this side of the Shield. Floppy moved towards me, his wand out, and I braced myself as he spoke the curse... 

~~~ 

"Softpaw..." Terry was murmuring, "Softpaw... are you okay, talk to me, baby girl..." 

I shuddered in his arms as another after-effect of the Cruciatus Curse went through me. We were sitting on the grass in the back courtyard, underneath the big tree. Terry was holding me close to him, petting my hair as he whispered into my ear, his tears leaking onto my neck. 

"Softpaw, please... please say something..." 

"I'm - I'm fine." I croaked, wincing. "I - I need to g-g-get back to Tom..." 

"You don't, not for a while yet." Terry said in a reassuring tone, though I don't know why he was trying to reassure me, as if seeing Tom was bad or something. 

A whole day had been given for this class, though Professor Carrow told us he'd let us out early after Ash, Floppy, and Spieler had taken it in turns to torture me for several hours, with Professor Carrow himself taking a few turns to show everyone the 'proper technique.' 

"C'mon, Daisy-flower, talk to us." Draco said, his eyes too bright. He'd been crying, too. "We're here for you." 

"What is th-there to say?" I muttered. "T-they t-t-tortured me for hour-hours, you all s-saw it." 

"Why don't you tell us if anything... uh... strange happened to you last night." Kylie said, glancing at Terry and Draco. 

"Like w-what?" 

"Like... I don't know... medical emer-" Kylie cut herself off as Terry shot a warning look at her. "Um... just concerned about your health, I guess." 

"Well..." I thought back to the explosion of blood I had on Tom, then the resulting VERY kinky sex. "Uh..." 

Draco shook his head at Terry, and Terry separated himself from me slightly, turning to face me. "Listen... I've been practising Legilimency, and I think I'm getting quite good at it. We've all been - uh - preparing in case I need to use it. I can see it instead, if you don't want to say it. Is that okay? Can I do that?" 

Terry's voice was gentle, and he took my hands. I looked deep into his homely, friendly eyes, and nodded. 

My best friend took a deep breath. "Okay, here goes..." 

Suddenly, memories shot to the front of my mind, and my eyes widened. 

*

"Now, Daisy..." Tom approached me, his lips quirked in a small smirk, "it's time to get down to business. Have I broken you yet...?" 

He reached out for my face; I flinched, and he laughed quietly, resting his hand on my right cheek, swiping his thumb over my skin. 

*

Suddenly, his lips were on mine. I spluttered, writhing; Tom pinned me down forcefully, his lips moving against mine as I struggled against him. Then they were gone; I gasped in breaths of air as Tom towered over me, his smirk wider. 

"Fuck you!" I panted, trying desperately to jerk my hands out of the rope. 

*

"Undress." 

"What?" I said. "No." 

"Do it." Tom said. "Or I'll make you." 

I folded my arms, glaring at him. 

Tom smirked. "All right. Imperio!" 

*

Tom was on top of me in one second, inside me the next, sliding in and out of me made easier by the slick blood pooling out of me. Tom's face was more alive than I'd ever seen it, his eyes bright and full of a wild hunger. He grabbed at one of my legs, hoisting it up around his waist; he sank deeper in me, and I whined in pain as he stretched me out and made the burning worse. 

"Oh Merlin, Jesus fuck -" 

Terry wrenched away from me, face white - he turned in the opposite direction and hurled over the grass. Draco bent down, wrapping an arm around him and murmuring soothingly. Kylie leaned against the tree with her arms folded, watching Terry in concern. 

"I can't do this." Terry panted, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "Guys, I can't fucking do this. It's horrible, it's disgusting -" 

"You have to." Draco said at once. "Terry, baby, it's so important, you have to try again -" 

"I CAN'T." Terry moaned, covering his face with his hands. "You don't understand, it's so depraved -" 

"Mate." Kylie said. "Do it for Daisy. She needs you." 

Terry slowly uncovered his face, his hands shaking. He looked back up at me and swallowed, then I could feel the images soaring to the front of my mind again. 

*

"Really, Daisy, why must you be so difficult?" Tom frowned. "You're not going to break from the Cruciatus Curse alone, are you?"

"You can't break me." I spat blood onto the floor, glaring defiantly up at him. 

*

"Mmm..." I whimpered loud, feeling the sharp sting of Tom's knife as the blood gushed from my deep cut. 

*

Tom brought his hands down, grabbing onto my love handles, and tugged me harshly down onto him. I grinded against his bulge, which was straining against his fitted dress trousers. Tom's eyes darkened, and he let out a low groan. 

I reached up to undo my Gryffindor tie, but Tom reached up, stopping me. 

"Don't. Leave the uniform on." He panted slightly, wetting his lips with his tongue. "Take off your pants." 

*

"Master, why don't you torture me? Draw some blood... make me scream..." 

Tom smirked. I shifted on the bed, watching as he drew his wand and pointed it at me. "Crucio!" 

"Fucking hell, I seriously can't!" Terry broke away from me, heaving again. 

"C'mon, babe... remember what you're looking for." 

"Okay... okay..." Terry took another deep breath and stared into my eyes again. 

*

Tom placed the tip of his wand onto the skin of my belly and moved it slowly up and down, his red eyes focused on my stomach. Then he stepped back, his wand hand shaking in fury. 

"You miscarried." Tom said softly. "You were carrying my child, and you miscarried." 

"Okay, I got it." Terry pulled back, sighing in relief. "She miscarried." 

Draco clapped his hands together in glee. 

"See if you can find anything else useful while we're here." Kylie urged, glancing back at me. 

I sat on the grass, shivering. Terry going through my head had really taken it out of me. I felt weak. 

"Okay." Terry said reluctantly, squeezing my hands. "I'm sorry, Softpaw, I'll be done soon, just hold on..." 

*

"It will be very useful to have a student, of such great influence over the younger ones, completely under my control." Tom told me with a smirk as he presented a 'Head Girl' badge to me. 

*

"Why were you sent to get me anyway? Are you Tommy's lackey, now?" 

Floppy scoffed, glancing down at me. "No. I - I needed to redeem myself... I've not been myself lately... been weak, even..."

*

"I said shut it! Crucio!" 

I fell to the ground, screaming; writhing in pain - 

"No!" 

A cold, chilling voice spoke above me, clear cut through the screams, and suddenly the pain vanished. I lay on the stone floor, shivering. Tom was staring at Carrow, furious. 

*

Tom turned to Floppy with a scowl. "You always manage to injure her! Crucio!" 

"Can... can you do a heart?" I asked hesitantly. 

Tom smirked. "Certainly, Miss Potter." 

He lowered the knife to my chest and carved. I squealed in pain, but when he lifted the knife I could see the small heart-shape he'd left, pulsing with blood. Tom and I gazed down at it, before Tom licked his lips, tracing a finger over the cut. 

*

"That was an experience." Tom commented as he directed me back into his bedroom by his wand. "You really have a beautiful body, Daisy. A masterpiece, to be appreciated by admirers of art." 

*

"I thought I told you to call me 'Master.'" 

"But I prefer 'Tommy.'" I pouted up at him. "It's more intimate... don't you know how much I love you, baby?" 

Tom blinked in surprise down at me.

*

"You're mine." Tom said, his voice thick with lust. "You're all mine... I'm better than that Weasley blood traitor." He growled into my ear. "He may think he's god's gift to earth, but who is the one fucking his girl now? Who is the one on top of her?... You know, kitten," Tom trailed the blade of his knife down my cheek, a smirk slowly unfolding on his lips as he watched my eyes widen in terror, "maybe your pretty little face needs something to roughen it up a bit. To make sure no one else but me wants you... What's my name?" Tom slammed into me, making me squeal. "What's my name, you little slut?" 

"M-Master." I stammered. 

"No." Tom panted, his voice low. "My - my name. What's my name, whore?" 

"Tommy..." I moaned, and Tom throbbed inside me. 

*

"Can I cuddle you tonight?" I asked, batting my eyelashes up at him. 

Tom rolled his eyes. "Fine." 

He drew me into his side, slinging an arm around me as I lay my head on his chest, snuggling in close to him. 

Terry pulled back from me, his eyes wide. He turned to Draco, then Kylie, giving them meaningful looks, then glanced back at me, his expression softening. 

"Okay, Softpaw, babe... you can go now if you really want to." Terry said gently, rubbing his thumb softly over the back of my hand. "But I'd really like it if you stayed... please... don't go back to him." 

"I - I have to." I rubbed my temple, trembling as another after-shock struck me. "I have to go lie down, I have a headache... I'll see you later though, in the Great Hall? I can hang out after, if Tom allows me to..." 

"If he allows you to." Terry repeated, his eyes sad. "Right." 

"See you later, Daze." Draco hugged me as I staggered up, then Kylie followed suit. I turned to Terry as he extended his arms, his eyes shimmering with tears again. He blinked furiously and tugged me towards him, squeezing me so hard that I felt like my head was going to pop off. 

Eventually he stepped back, and he wiped his eyes on his sleeve. "Alright, Softpaw, see you later." He said, his voice cracking, and without looking me in the eye, turned with Draco and Kylie and the trio made their way across the courtyard. 

"I saw something weird... I think he doesn't just feel hate for her anymore... the way I saw it, it's like he's struggling with -" Terry muttered to the other two before they were too far away for me to hear. I watched them go, frowning, then went my separate way too. 

I returned to Tom's quarters, shaking slightly from the aches the prolonged use of the Cruciatus Curse had left me with. Tom opened the door to me, and could immediately tell something was wrong as I trailed myself in, then slumped onto the bed. 

"What is it?" Tom queried, shutting the door after him. "What has happened to you?" 

I remembered that Tom had allowed this; he'd told Professor Carrow that he was allowed to torture me. So he wouldn't care if I told him. What was the point? "N-nothing much. Why don't I take c-care of you, you look like you've had a long day..." I purred, making to slide off the bed, but Tom placed his hands on my shoulders, forcing me back firmly. 

"What is wrong?" He insisted, his red eyes narrowing. 

I ducked my head, looking at my lap. But Tom grabbed my chin, directing my face back up at him, and stared deep into my eyes. Memories of Ash, Spieler, Floppy, and Professor Carrow torturing me in Dark Arts floated into my mind, and Tom pulled back after a minute, a dark scowl on his face. 

"I will have to have a word with Amycus." He said, his hand tightening around his wand. I saw his knuckles whiten. 

"Why?" I said. "You told him he could." 

"I know... I..." Tom took in a deep breath, closing his eyes for a second. "Come here. I know what will make you feel better." 

Tom sat down on the edge of the bed, snaking an arm around my waist and pulling me into him. The pink clouds purred as Tom reached for his nightstand, bringing out a little black box. He opened it to me, and I gasped. 

Inside sat a small diamond ring. It glittered and sparkled in the candlelight, and I gazed at it, awestruck. 

"I was going to do this last year, but I never got around to it." Tom said as the pink clouds whirled around in my head, and seemed to multiply. "I wish to make you my wife, Daisy." 

"Yes, yes, yes, Tom!" I squealed, beaming up at him. "Absolutely yes, I'll marry you!" 

Tom smirked down at me. "It was never a choice, Daisy. But I am glad you are so willing." 

He took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto my ring finger, holding my wrist up to observe how it looked on my hand. Tom's smirk grew wider. 

"You and me, on the same side... you'll be my fallen angel."

0