Chapter 9
24 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jon Qao ran for miles before stopping and catching his breath. His chest heaved in and out in deep breaths. 

“Fuck!” He was frustrated. “I hope you’re having a good laugh up there. To see me struggle like this.”

If the entire forest beyond the crack was populated with apes, then there was no chance for him to ever approach the mountain range. Not alone and not with his current strength anyway. He needed another plan, but for that, he had to know more about this world.

With that thought and after a short moment of repose, Jon Qao headed in the opposite direction of the mountains until he sensed a group of people and purposely walked towards them.

He was a mess. His refined presence and demeanor were hidden behind dirty and torn clothes and disheveled long dark hair. Yet elegance was still present in his moves, only to those who paid attention.

Jon Qao walked out to meet the group of four people, three young and one in his fifties.

The group of people also saw him and already formed a conjecture about him, especially Arian who smiled happily.

How strong can someone 5 years older than me be? was the question that crossed his mind. As for his miserable state, it could only be because his group was attacked. Right?

“Hello there, sir. May I—, Ugh!” said the guide before being interrupted.

“Hello there, friend!” said Arian as he passed by the guide while the ponytail teen bumped into him.

The trio of teens approached Jon Qao with a welcoming smile. Jon Qao shook his head and murmured under his breath, “Sigh! Every world has its morons!”

Arian stopped in front of Jon Qao and with his chest puffed out, he extended his hand. “My name is Arian Rono, from the Rono family. I’m sure you’ve heard of it. My father is Rycroft Rono. May I know your name?”

Jon Qao said nothing, ignoring the handshake. He just looked with indifference at the play taking place in front of him. A flash of anger appeared in the teen’s eyes.

"Are you perhaps from the noble families from the city of Fegas?” asked Arian with his smile back, wiggling his finger in front of Jon Qao. “You look familiar. Well, it doesn’t matter.” He waved his hands.

“Do you want to join us? The forest is very dangerous and there are many powerful beasts, this way, we can help each other if we encounter one,” said Arian.

“Yes, we welcome anyone who is a capable fighter in our group. We are confident in our group, we even have a peak Greater Heaven Rank,” said the short-haired twin as he pointed towards the guide behind them. “But one more can never hurt.”

Almost every single word spoken by Arian was accompanied by hand gestures. Even when he wasn’t talking, he almost always gesticulated with his hands as long as they fit the situation.

 Jon Qao said nothing and just looked at them. However, he saw dust particles flow towards him as Arian had wiggled his finger or weaved his hands.

He raised an eyebrow and shook his head.

“I’m in no mood for this.” Jon Qao lightly blew and a gentle breeze took away the particles.

Arian frowned. Suddenly, pure black energy engulfed him, brought his hand on the sword, and launched at Jon Qao. The twins did the same, but their energy was gold and black.

Boom!

A powerful pressure came down from Jon Qao. The teens were terrified, they couldn’t move. They couldn’t even speak. They couldn’t boast about their background. They couldn’t intimidate him with their family name and power. The dread they felt was like a lock on every inch of their muscles, barely allowing them to breathe.

The guide engulfed himself in an emerald green energy. Jon Qao glanced towards him, there was no malicious intent, no desire to attack.

“I’m no fan of senseless killing, but I’m not fool enough to let live those who tried to kill me. For whatever reason,” said Jon Qao, his voice even and apathetic.

The trio looked at Jon Qao with bulged eyes, frightened. 

“I’ll give you a piece of advice, one I’ve too almost forgotten. Well, not forgotten as much as having my own guardian angel save me from all the stupid troubles I got myself into the point that I overlooked caution,” Jon Qao said, his voice melancholic as he looked in an empty space behind the trio, reminiscing.

He then looked back at Arian. “Be sure you’re capable enough before you act.”

Arian stared at Jon Qao. Hate, resentment, and anger dominated his eyes.

“I would ask what your last words are, but I’m well too familiar with your kind to bother.”

Bam!

With one slap his head exploded. Blood, brain, and bones flew everywhere, covering the other two teens. Jon Qao then turned towards the twins. An acrid smell filled the air as their pans got wet. There was only terror in their eyes.

Bam! Bam! 

Jon Qao let out a heavy sigh as he withdrew his killing intent. “Ahh! That feels as satisfying as I remember.”

“Do not run!”

Seeing the scene of three people being killed on the spot, the guide wanted to run but was stopped in his tracks by Jon Qao’s wards. There was no intent at work, simply just the man’s will to not disrespect the existence in front of him.

The man kneeled down. “I’m sorry your True excellency. I’m just a guide hired to show these young masters the forest. I didn’t mean to offend you. Please do not kill me! I have a family that depends on me. Please!”

The old guide begged for his life, constantly kowtowing until his forehead hit the ground.

“Don’t give me a reason to and I won’t. Now stand up, I have some questions to ask about this new world. First of all, what do you mean by True excellency?”

3