Chapter 5 – Started An Apocalypse
1.4k 10 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The red sun shone it's blaze. 

Inside a bus, a young man was woken up from the flaming hot sunlight brandishing against his skin. He was a bit tipsy since he had fallen asleep so late at night and had to arrive early to ride the bus. 

He was the fourth passenger, the rest had yet to come. John rubbed his eyelids who was dropping down incoherently, sticking out his hand to cover the bright red rays coming at him intensely.

“Weird...” He muttered, halfway unable to comprehend that the sun was red in color. Neither his companions realized this fact, the bus driver laughingly joked about how hot the sun these days were due to global warming.

Not long after, a pair of lovers arrived. The bus pulled off a stop and the door opened, a blonde western girl hopped in first before a black haired man came after. Their hands were clasped together, signifying their relationship. 

When John cocked his head and saw the blonde, he was mesmerized and longed, however, he knew he had no chance with the girl. He had already tried to court her before she had a boyfriend yet he wasn't able to get her acceptance. 

Moreover, her current boyfriend is Van. A half chinese and japanese man. He was a handsome youth who was both athletic and smart, compared to him, John was for naught. 

Although John was rich, he was very cowardly and weak. Van glanced at him and he felt his bones trembling from trauma. Yesterday, he had gone too far from pestering the owned woman, he had to face Van's punches because he was caught communicating with his woman. 

Olivia, the blonde's name, also glanced at John. But unlike Van's frustrated glare, she worriedly furrowed her brows as she silently told her apologies for yesterday using her gaze. 

“There's nothing to apologize for, Olivia.” John shook his head, resignedly. “Im the one to apologize for the misunderstandings.”

Hearing his response, Olivia didn't push any further. Her arm was then pulled by Van and the two lovers sat near the back, a few seats away from John. 

John could say nothing to it, he silently leaned back and stared at the scenery outside the window. 

He became observant of each tiny details, after the bus left the crowded building area, John caught a glimpse of the red sun, now aware that it was vastly different from how it used to be. 

He stared at it, then moved his gaze away. The light from the sun was blinding and hurting his eyes, occasionally black spots appeared in his view and he could only rub and blink his eyes.

After a few stops, the bus was ready to enter the mountain where the field trip would begin. But before that, the teacher inside told the driver to visit a convenience store first to buy some breakfast for those who had forgotten to eat theirs due to the hurry. 

Upon arriving, the teacher went to pick a few candidates to pick something to buy. John was picked halfway trough, however, the teacher decided to skip him and pick another after seeing his state.

Three were picked and they readied themselves to buy some food. They stepped out of the bus but when the person in lead jumped off the stair with a thud, a grumbling, creepy noise suddenly sounded and it spooked everyone around. 

Olivia shivered, she hugged her boyfriend tight to seek protection. Van embraced her back, he then patted her head and asked: “What's wrong, Olivia?”

Olivia stammered, through her sentence, she trembled. “I may be hallucinating but I may have heard a beastly sound. The one were animals growl. It was eerie, and disturbing, there seems to be something wrong within...the city.”

As she said the last part, she leaned back and looked oh of the window. There, she saw that this part of the city were strangely deserted. Especially that this place was famous for having a lot of people during early hours (day time) and less people during later noon and evening.

Upon hearing Olivia's words, John removed his hands that were constantly rubbing his eyes. Curious, he looked out of the window again, nevertheless, the sun was once again at view and stung his eyes once more. Due to the red lighting preventing him from seeing the scene outside, John did not notice a bloody eye looking at him with delight in their dilated pupils. 

It was the eyes a predator would show upon their prey.

“Ahhh!” 

Contrast to him, the others were a bit unlucky to see the frightening gore of those scary creatures around them. 

Van's hold of his girlfriend strengthened, as he was tense in fear upon seeing four eyes looking at him outside the window. 

It was inhumane. The way those eyes would response and the stiff yet quick movements of the dead, without thinking any further, it was concluded that the person outside was a zombie. 

Just that, nobody wanted to believe it was true. 

The leader of the group outside who was tasked to buy food from the store jokingly leaned towards the ‘living corpse ’ and giggled. “Bro, you totally freaked me out! It's a nice costume, however, it would be better if I was during the night. You know, scary stuffs always happen during evening.”

He even patted the crook of the neck of the ‘cosplayer’. And as he did so, a crisp, cracking sound accompanied with a shrill manly shriek played. The cosplayer bit his hand and it's crooked pointy hello teeth dug into his flesh. 

The glasses wearing boy did not expect it at all. He wanted to take his hand off from the lunatic but he was of no avail. 

He was late in realizing that the cosplayer in front of him was a real zombie, in front of many eyes, two more zombies appeared out of no where and began attacking him. It did not take any longer for him to be halfway devoured and killed. 

“Hieek! A-A Zombie!”

Everyone (except John) broke free from their trance and screamed. 

———

Reo and Emelia scrolled around the streets with their black umbrella blocking the sun's heat. After digesting and approving of his wife's little game, Reo took his beloved out to walk around the place. 

He has already planned out on telling his wife things she had never seen before, and amongst the things he had introduced, Emelia liked the small lollipop, a candy in a stick, he had shown her. 

When Reo asked Emelia the reason for her liking, Emelia just blushed and said it was for practice. For whatever practice it was for, Reo had a clue. 

He remembered that he was thrown back to Earth before their honeymoon. 

It was an important factor after their marriage but...

...“Hieek! A-A zombie!”

Sensing a good scene about to start, Emelia hugged Reo's neck like a koala as Reo princess carried her to the top of the store's roof. 

“Emelia, do you really wanna watch it?” Reo wondered as he took steps upon the wall's tiles. Emelia nodded and sat on her husband's lap, “Of course and do you wanna know why?”

“Hmm?”

“Is it because there'd be a drama, and something slightly interesting?” Reo answered himself, with uncertainty.

Emelia nodded once more and softly added, “There's a good show to watch. It's perfect for our first movie date!”

Reo shook his head as he smiled.

‘But this isn't a movie, though.’ He wanted to say, but seeing Emelia's heartfelt smile, he discarded his thoughts.

Sometimes, Emelia would act kinda cute and lovely when she's not in rage, though, she during her yanderous state was also pretty. 

Reo did not had anything to say against his wife changes, maybe at times he would be surprised and scared when she's agitated because she doesn't often show her dark side to him, so when things are normal and fine, Reo would often forget he has a yandere as a wife.

Now, it's my kitty who's slowly dying. This aside, my mind wanted to me write on third perspective so...

28