Chapter 6 – Notably, a Simp
956 11 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right away after the scream, the teacher hurriedly shoved the door close as he panicked. He did not wait for the rest of the students he had sent outside to return, due to less courage driving in his bones, he made the decision of leaving them behind. 

“No!”

But the two students outside were stunned and very unhappy. They knocked on the windows as time raced out. But, it was proved that the teacher did not change his mind, he then sovereignly ordered the bus driver to quickly drive. 

“But the kids!” The driver reasoned. Both his feet left the pedals as sweat beaded in his forehead, “We can't just leave them behind. They're young people and unlike us oldies, they would have a chance to redeem hope for human kind!”

“Do you want to die?!” The teacher immediately shot a glare at him and refuted, “Are you willing to sacrifice yourself for that uncertain future? We're facing inhuman creatures with no weapons to counter attack. Okay, fine! Go out if you want to die!”

The bus driver instantly slammed his mouth shut. He lost his words. He pondered for a while and during his distraught, the students who were left out continued to knock on the door and window sill. 

“Professor Dong, please let us in...hic ”

“Hurry, open the door. We don't want to die, we want to live...bohooo!”

“Kyaaa!”

“Mister, please...”

“Forgive me kids.” Said the bus driver as he shook his head in disagreement. “I can't bear...” He returned back to the front and started the bus. After pulling the liver and pressing on the pedals, the bus speed up and drove towards the other side of the street. 

The two students who were left behind dazedly went after the hope that run away. It was just about time that the zombies shifted their focus to the new meal they set their eyes on. 

““No...Help...””

And like their former companion, they were eaten as well. 

...

Emelia finished licking her lollipop and clapped her hands before shaking her head in disapproval. “Too cliché, I already saw a similar scene days ago.”

She moved her feet and added, “But what was that kind of vehicle who could have a large amount of passengers inside, is it one of those...cars?”

Reo was still processing the scenes and found it as well typical. The old movies he watched before also had similar events, but more realistic than usual. 

Hearing his wife's question, Reo casted a look at her and answered, “It's a bus, Emelia. It can accommodate about sixteen or more passengers.”

“A bus, quite strange.” Emelia nodded as she swung her feet up and down. The skirt of her black floral dress softly hid her thighs. “Can we ride one as well after watching the movie?”

“En. I'm fine with that. Then, shall I go get some snacks to fill our stomach while the characters have went to find their shelter?” Reo proposed.

“No objections. But be quick since there's another show to watch.”  Emelia replied.

“Understood, madame.” Reo chuckled as he prepared to jump off from the roof, but then, a hand suddenly gripped his sleeves and Emelia coldly warned. 

“Hold on!”

“...Yes?”

“Change positions!” Emelia ordered and pulled Reo back into his seat. She then stood up and patted her buttocks and stated, “I'm still not convinced you won't go and meet that slut...I mean, as your wife, it's my responsibility to pamper you and... Just stay here, okay, Reo-kun~.”

Reo understood what she meant, and did as she wishes. Like a little boy, he allowed Emelia to pat his head and sat on his spot like an obedient child. And before he let her go, he told her that she must remain low and not attract any attention.

“En.” Emelia hummed in approval. She then turned around and jumped off the ledge, the black umbrella behind her slowing down her momentum like a parachute.

“Oh my,” As Emelia found her footing on the ground, she forgot where popcorns could be found. Reo only vaguely told her that these snacks could be find in a “Sinema” and that's the point, she had no idea at all where to start. 

“Ah, those kids might know the way.” Emelia whispered to herself as she bypassed the corpses. Halfway to the street, she then asked an undead where those people have set up their shelter. 

“Gwrrruuu..” The undead pointed at the shop down the lane. Emelia understood what the mumbling of incoherent words meant, the zombie was telling her that he could smell human scents around that area, though, they were unsure.

“That's fine.” Emelia smiled and patted the undead. “In exchange for your information, I grant you death.”

Then the zombie lit up in flames.

...

“Olivia!” Shouted Van as his hold of his girlfriend became loose. The blonde haired teenager sprained her ankle and in momentary confusion, let go. 

The teacher, Professor Dong, hurriedly held the young man's shoulder as he dragged him inside. But pained and bitter, Van angrily shook off the hand holding him as he prepared to dive back outside.

“Van!” John called out. 

Van didn't bother glancing back, his attention remained on his lover who was bound to be eaten by the hands of death. But when he pushed open the door, he was greeted with the sight of a wave of zombies.

Olivia cried and tried to shoo him away, “Van, save yourself!” She stated, despite the predicament she was facing herself. 

“No, Olivia I can't!” Van cried as well. He loved his girlfriend dearly, and throughout their three months, he created feelings he refused to let go. “I...I I...”

But to be blunt, he actually feared death. It was only a moment of braveness boiling in his blood that made him want to save his lover. But when he thought about certain things, he was wavering in his chosen choice. 

”John!” While he was a daze, John already dived into the crowd of zombies and quickly took off his jacket to protect both him and Olivia from the infectious bite of the living dead. 

Olivia stared at him dazedly, her blue eyes filled with mist. “John...you..”

“Hurry, run!” John screamed as he tried his hardest to punch and batter zombies in the way. Unable to  contemplate more about what's happening, Olivia weakly stop up and was then snatched by Van inside the store. 

“Close it!” Van ordered. 

The students could say nothing and praised for the sacrifice John has given in their hearts. 

The door closed, John blankly stared at how he was betrayed and silently endured his instinct to cry. Not long after, his jacket was torn and the zombies immediately leaned down and took a large bite.

“Arghhhh!!!"

And that was how, John the human died.

..

.

..

.

.

.

.

“Hello?”

A pale yet beautiful face was in his view. John thought he was dreaming, such a beauty was rare in the world. The newcomer had silky black hair that obediently remained on the crook of her neck, and red eyes comparable to rubies and the red sun that flared till his death.

“Are...you the goddess of death...have you come to redeem me, your victim?” 

John weakly questioned as his eyes unstably wandered around. Emelia saw him in his delirious state and couldn't help but snicker silently.

“Do you know where the cinema is?” Emelia dodged his question and asked.

“Why? Are you willing to erase my single status and make me taken?” John abruptly added.

....

....

...

..

“I'm sorry.” Emelia smiled as she stood up and ignored the eyes of the bloodied boy who laid on the ground stiffly.

“What do you mean...Don't you want to at least grant my final wish as I am dead?”

Emelia ignored his casted forlorn glance at her as she directly said, “But I'm already married, and what do you have in exchange for your wishes? Such an easily drunken man like you would for certain not live long in my apocalypse.”

“Married? Such a beauty like you is taken as well?...Even the goddess of death does not pity me, tsk.” 

“Then how about I give you powers, and in exchange is to tell me where the cinema is. It can also be okay if you would tell me the process to make..popcorns. How's the deal?” Emelia smiled again.

.

.

.

.

“You...”

.

..

.

.

.

.

And John became a conscious undead.

21