Chapter 7 – And That’s How He Appeared.
823 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author here, and I apologize for the slow updating speed. I was supposed to upload this earlier but the wifi broke down (Completely/Utterly Disconnected). I was also having fun reading a particular story offline and couldn't be bothered to get out of the house and fix the problem. Nevertheless, the problem has been solved and so here I am... 

To note that ill be gone for a while. I have to cover up my missing subjects. I'll be back on Saturday.

“Was that a dream?” John rubbed his head as he just couldn't believe what was happening. He was clearly at the brink of death just a while ago, and unexpectedly, he was reborn, as a zombie.

In that vague memories, he seemed to have seen “grim” a beautiful goddess of death who proposed an exchange between powers with certain quantity of information. 

‘There's nothing to risk, though’ Were his final thoughts as he agreed. He then, using his weak strength, pointed out the location of the cinema and told the beauty the ways to cook popcorn.

“I'm actually alive...again.” John murmured. He sat up and inspected himself. 

Except his cold body which was slightly dull flesh in color and the marks of wounds between his neck and the other parts of his body where the zombies had bitten, everything around him was normal — that thought only lasted till he discovered certain issues within an aura inside of himself. It was sparkling lightning; no, to be more specific, it was a lightning purple flare of fire taking place in his chest. 

John then realized he could conjure the exact same fire outside, mainly at his palm and the soft barrier surrounding his being. Moreover, after testing out the efficiency of the wisps, the fire was extremely hot, more hotter than a lava despite not touching a lava in reality.

Plus, with him being a half zombie, or should say, conscious one. He can also control a certain number of zombies by using the wisps of flames as a medium. 

Surviving in the apocalypse can be deemed possible to him now. He had powers and can even integrate into waves of zombies making him omnipotent Ina the same race. 

‘I can finally become strong at once! Finally! Perhaps I can even have as much girls as I like!’ 

‘Right! Like those certain protagonist from certain stories. I'll set up a harem and conquer every kinds of girls I have my eyes on—’

‘But, after seeing that goddess's first class beauty, I wonder if I'll find something similar to hers. And more importantly, I should seek them hurriedly in fear of them being taken as well!’

John happily celebrated as he hopped into the air. The surrounding zombies looked at him stupidly, wondering what's wrong with their fellow walking dead.

 Suddenly, John froze as he dropped down his hands that was holding the handle through the store's door where everything began.

[“...My apocalypse.”]

The lovely voice was recalled, John only realized the fact that multiple mysteries were hiding within that person.

 How could she casually walk around the bloodied streets? What does she mean by “my apocalypse”? Moreover, giving out powers to a stranger. He should also note that [Powers] never made an appearance yet someone was too calm and full of wisdom about it...

Questions after questions appeared in his ‘concious' brain. After being immobile for a few minutes, John's eyes lost it's rays as he entered a dull state. 

“..What am I doing standing around here, I should pile reserves immediately!” John said as he returned to his lively usual self. When he finally placed the last of the food he found into his bag, John unexpectedly spoke aloud:

“Weird, I must have forgotten. I fathom that I can barely even remember what was I'm daydreaming about just a few minutes ago. Has my zombie brain lost it's braincells? How could that be!” 

“Meh. It's not that important either way.”

And the conscious zombie, John, begun his journey.

...

“Emelia, what took you so long?” Reo asked her wife who had a strange glasses on. It had blue and red lenses and was shaped very weirdly. 

Emelia pushed it upwards and revealed her set of red eyes. “I didn't know that movies in the cinema were categorized in genres and are amazing. I somehow read a guidebook about it's purpose and I abruptly realized, Reo-kun.”

“What have you realized?" Reo then asked again while his hand went out to reach the popcorns the zombies helped carry. 

“I realized that romantic romance stories was the one I should've picked to showcase an amazing vibe to our date. Zombie fiction normally is used to make up couples and give out thrill. How about we shift to romance next time?” Emelia propped herself down and embraced Reo's arm.

“Emelia, no!” Reo quickly disagreed the proposal of his wife.

The zombie apocalypse already gave him ton of pressure but he made do with it since Emelia was enjoying it.

 But what about him? He wasn't. Plus, as someone working to secure the environment clean, Reo may or perhaps be obligated to clean up everything because he was one of those behind it.

“Why?” Emelia was down casted, she casted an upset and angry look at Reo as she clenched her fists together. “Why?” She repeated.

“Emelia...” Reo was very troubled, after he shook his head repeatedly, he sighed once more and conceded defeat. “Fine, we can do your plan afterwards.”

Emelia gleamed brightly, “Really?”

“Yes. I'm okay with it.” Reo grimaced, nevertheless, he added. “But we'll have to make do of the current situation first, and gather things back to the palm of our hand. That is to make preparation for what you wish, just don't surprise me again, it's terrifying.”

“Oh, so you didn't like my surprise?” Emelia turned cold as she said with a bitter soft spat. 

The temperature dropped a few degrees and Reo subconsciously trembled as he glanced at her with his grey eyes. Reo flinched and he quickly reacted, “It was out of my expectations and it shock me quite a lot. I like your surprise, just don't overdo next time.”

“Ah,” Emelia grinned and hummed in joy, “I thought you disliked it. If you had, it may have hurt my feelings a lot more than you think.”

“Hold on, you have yet to answer my first question fully. I want to know what you've met on the way, I'm not being nosy am I?” Spoke Reo as he opened the container of the popcorn one by one. 

Emelia positioned herself closer to Reo as she told him her answer, “Hmm... I met this boy John. He was on the brink of death and since his companions have his themselves, I could only ask him.”

“Then, he wanted to court me after seeing my beauty.”

“Emelia.” Reo's face darkened. “What happened next?”

“I told him I'm married and he was sad. So I made a deal with him.” Emelia bluntly replied without enclosing the details of the deal.

“Is he still alive?” Reo wondered as his face turned dark then white the next moment.

“En.” Emelia nodded before she casted a fathom gaze at Reo. “Now, you can understand how I feel.”

Reo rubbed his brows.

22