Chapter 2 – Peace, peace!
2.2k 9 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Enjoy your holiday!”



The boss' voice echoed as we dissipated. I frustratedly placed down my working clothes as I exited through the main entrance. 


It has been officially a year since I've returned. I remember that when I came back, it was exactly a few days before Christmas. 


“See you in January, Reo.”


My colleague said as he side passed me. He then took off with his bike.


“Yeah, see ya.”


I waved my hands in response as I turned to the left side of the road. My hand held my bag tightly as I entered the store I saw first and bought myself some snacks and a few bottle of carbonated drink. 


“Oi, man, wanna go to the shrine?”


“Nah, I'm good.”


Another colleague came by and asked, I affirmed my disapproval and he helplessly sighed as he walked away. 


After strolling around the cold park, I found myself a bench and placed down the rug I have with me. Though it was very cold outside, I can manage. With my unusual body warmth and the quantity of clothing I had worn have helped a lot.


I must've forgotten to mention that I don't have any house. To be more specific, I'm homeless. It's not that pathetic since I've been homeless my whole life in Demi, until I married my wife. 


Speaking of which, how is she now?


 I don't remember saying goodbye when I got whisked back. But I think she can understand, after all, I pray every night for her to not be worried and tell her using my lucid dreams that It was against my reason to run away without telling her first.


Anyways, why is the system awfully quiet today?


“Oi, system, what's wrong?”


Strange, it hasn't replied. By now, it would immediately answer my call.


“Hello, system-Chan?”


[… Awo?]


Ah, there it is. Finally replying. Haayss... Christmas would be better if Emelia was here.


Hello, do you know where Carol Restaurant is?


“Huh?”


I was munching on my preserved peanut butter sandwich when a slim silhouette suddenly shadowed over me and spoke in a strange language. 


Ah, how do you speak Japanese again... Erm... Karol Eatery, where it?”


“...”


“Karol Food eat, where?”


What's this gibberish words she's spitting out? Carol restaurant? What's that? Eh... It seems familiar like that language western people speak..um, was it English?


But what does she mean by “Karol Eatery and Karol food Eat?”


“I'm sorry, but I don't think I can understand you.”


Can you point it out? Point where place is.”


I scratched my neck, this is crazy. I can't understand her at all and what does she mean by that command? I'm not a callboy, even if I look like I beggar, I ain't like that.


“System do you have a translation feature?”


I asked as I poked it's panel. The person looked at me worriedly as she once again spoke her english.


[..Ransom-San, it'd might be better to ignore this person.]


The system was hesitant as it told me that. 


“It's just helping someone, what's wrong with that?”


[All of it, Ransom-San...]


*Sigh* “Just answer my question first, do you have a translation feature?” 


I repeated in frustration. 


[I...I do.]


“Then translate my words and hers.”


[Okay...]


Hence after, I turned to the maiden and we finally had a conversation.


“It's on the other side of the street? Oh thank you for telling me. That was great help.” 


She smiled. Her aura reminded me of those children with Innocence and ignorant to the ways of the world. 


“It was nothing, though.”


“You seem too cold out here, why don't you come with me as I visit the others, specifically father.”


“Father? You're visiting your dad?”


“No.,” She hurriedly shook her head, “He's a priest and I'm a nun.”


“oh that explains your clothing, well then sure, It'd be a great help to have some fresh hot barbecue.”


I meant my words. She was clothed in the typical nun clothing with a black cloth hiding the rest of her hair. 


While we were on our way towards Carol Restaurant, she told me that she came to Japan for a tour that a sponsor had given them.


“Reo-kun!”


A shout suddenly broke in. It was abrupt and when I turned around in instinct to the familiar voice, my body couldn't help but freeze to the distorting temperature that dropped quickly.


“You ..., you're cheat-cheating on me!?”


I stared at that familiar face. Her silky black hair flew behind her back as her red ruby jewels issued a small clanking noise as the wind blew them to untangle.


“What's wrong Reo?”


The nun looked at me with concern.


“Emelia?!”


I shakily looked away from her and looked at Emelia with surprise. I wondered how come she was here, but before I had the chance to ask her, she took a knife from the nearby counter and pointed it's tip towards the nun.


“Reo, who's she? Didn't you say you will only have me as your wife, why are you together with another woman? Are you thinking of ditching me to be with your new second wife? No,no,no, that cannot be. You can't be taken by others, you're mine, right?”


“Ah! A knife!”


Ah, she snapped. If I knew it would be like this, I should have remained in the bench eating my cold yet delicious peanut butter sandwich.


“Calm Down Emelia, it's not like what you think.”


[I warned you Ransom-San..]


Tsk... If you had, you should've gave me a better warning.


“I'll kill her so no one else will get in our way, like how I did to those sluts back then!”


“Emelia, don't!”


“Kyaaa!”


Crap, she's totally mad. Reo...Reo..oh Reo...Calm down too. I can't make this matter go worse and end up in that cell again, moreover Emelia be in it.



“You're Protecting her...?”


“Emelia, don't misunderstand. I'm doing this so wont go to prison. You know how prison treats its inmates right? I can't let you experience that!” 


“Reo...But I have to kill that woman...”


“Peace, peace, Emelia. She's a nun!”


“A nun? Like those priestess?”


“Yes, and she can't date anyone.”


“But those priestess have lovers!”


“Peace, peace, Emelia! She's just giving me free food!”


“Why?”


“I'm hungry so I just want free food!”


“Why do you sound guilty, however?”


“I'm just calming you down, this world isn't like Demi and I won't question you on how you ended up here.”


“Really?”


“Yes! I won't let you face any dangers. You know how much I care and love you Emelia. Even if your hand has killed countless people, even if you are feared, we're the same and I know how you feel. But we're in another world, far from the rules and ethics of Demi, you should understand. I miss you Emelia...”

“Oh my, my Reo-kun~”



59