Chapter 4 – Wait A Minute!
1.5k 8 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Umm..Emelia...”


I don't know what I'm going to do. 


Emelia knew that im homeless but she still wanted to sleep with me on that cold, privacy-less space. 


I pondered about the cash left with me, I reckon there would be any cheap hotels around here, this was the capital of the city after all...


I should've rented even a small apartment, moreover stack up money for this occurrence.


 I just didn't expect that Emelia would suddenly appear and more less freely.


“What's wrong, Reo-kun?” 


“I'm thinking about where we'll sleep. If it was only me, it would've be fine but I can't let you sleep there, you should be cared for.”


“But I don't have anything against sleeping outside. I just wanted to be with you. Do you think that sleeping alone in that comfy bed without you beside me was warm and lovely? No, it was not.”


Emelia said with a straight face, her hands gripping my arm tight. This made me grimace about the first time we met, she was a very clingy girl. One time, she ignored on how small the space of the tree branch was and forced her way to sleep together.


However, that was Demi.


This was earth. 


This world considers homeless people poor and crazy.


 There was also many ruffians and I worry about her safety.


Emelia was a beautiful woman after all.


“This...”


“Or, we can just stay awake till sunrise. I couldn't force myself to end this day of our reunion.”


Emelia proposed.


Now that I think about it, that choice is acceptable. 


“Well I guess it's fine-”


“Great~...So may I interview my dear husband on why he has vanished and came into this far away realm?”


Oh..o..Didn't see that question coming.


I forced a dry cough as I scratched my neck, readying myself for my answer.


“I didn't run away from you, I swear! I was dragged here unwillingly.”


I told her, and all thus far said are all truth. If I really did lie, Emelia would catch upon it and I might as well not live pass tomorrow.


Emelia smiled. I knew that she felt right with my response. 


“On that note, why didn't you resisted and returned back?”


Now her smile turned scary. 


I coughed a few more times.


“It was beyond my ability...”


She stared at me as her nails dug into my skin.


“...And I can't use my powers here on earth freely. The nature's law has given me a warning not to do so.”


I continued until I felt that the pain in my arms subsided. Emelia leaned back and I couldn't clearly discern the emotion she was vibing on, her fore hair dropped down and hid her face entirely.


Silence took time and after a few minutes or so, Emelia raised her head and gleamed with glee.


 I wondered the reason to her happiness, was it my answer or...? 


“That gave me the answer I've been waiting for, Reo-kun.”


“What do you mean?”


And just before she could speak her response, the sun which was slowly rising, changed colors. It was no longer the usual yellow or gold, it turned red and accompanying it was intense heat. 


The dark blue sky that slowly transitioned to the morning became pink. It looked strange, and whatnot lovely. It brought a dread feeling along with it, as the surroundings dyed red.


[Warning!]


Emelia still had her creepy smile. The new color of the sun seemed to bathe her with red stones as she cocked her head to the right. 


[WARNING!]


I did not remember seeing the umbrella before, she had it on her hands as she covered the hot heatwave of the sun.


“Reo-kun~”


She dragged my name with a long rhythmic hime.


[WARNING!!]


It was a beautiful picture, yet because of the loud voice of the system I've muted, it seemingly cracked a bit. I was intoxicated by the pretty view, but the system didn't think the same.


[Warning!!!]


It became nosy as it shouted in fear, a relentless pursuit of warnings. Emelia fluttered her eyes as she sheepishly covered her mouth. I smitten, watching her in silence as she had yet to answer my question. 


[Limitations are slowly being taken off...]


“Emelia, what did you do?”


I gently asked as I interrogated her. 


“Nothing much,”


Emelia said with a pause as her eyes curved into crescents.


By what she meant, I have yet to understand. 


[Limitation to senses have been lifted. Further removal of limitations would proceed to the next meeting.]


Spoke the system as it made my understanding blur even more. It was speaking english, and the translation effect It bestowed to me was removed. 


I only had a somewhat clear feeling that my senses...have improved?


“,It's the power of my love~”


Emelia continued, catching me off guard by her reply. It was not that I was bewildered. It was the strange, muffled noises around that seemed to originate somewhere.


“Emelia, do you hear that?”


I asked her to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.


Emelia just shrugged and giggled a bit.


I noticed her sight was staying on that alley where the murder had been done. 


I turned around and saw the corpse she had placed inside the bag, walk out. 


“Emelia...you...”


Now I understood.


Emelia has done it again. But this time, on a place without her authority. Oh my, she's ruining the peace this time... 

More and more walking corpses came out. Walking around the streets as I witnessed a few drunk civilians and fellow homeless people get sabotaged. 


Emelia watched the scene with a grin, while I kept sighing. 


After she is finish with this play time of hers, I have to clean up the mess she made and had to deal with the garbages (Remains) of the zombies. 


“Why zombies?”


“Zombies? I think it was undead.”


Emelia corrected me.


“..Why undead this time?”


“Oh...I was inspired by the invasion of a necromancer, and I wanna try killing someone twice.”


I know where she's getting ahead to. Emelia was bitterly mad when a few men wanted to snatch her away from me. If my memory serves right, it was those drunkards that I mentioned. 


And, the nun, whose corpse remained inside the tightly tied bag with a small opening leaving it's claws outside.

My uncle died.

42