Prologue
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone has always dream of finding their true love, right? A love that is anchored by an unbreakable pillar that nothing can shake. A love greater than all the stars and deeper than the abyss.

 

I, too, have once experienced it. The greatest sensation of pleasure and the sole purpose of one's existence. There’s a quote that once say “There is only one happiness in this life. To love and to be loved.”

 

The girl I loved seems perfect and is perfect. Beautiful brown hair with fair skin and a petite face. She is comparable to, if not superior to, star idols, but it is her aura that made me fell in love with her. The aura makes someone looks so vulnerable, that anybody would want to instinctively protect, like an expensive, rare item. Her thin and tiny arm is actually rather powerful. She has a good sense of how to read a room, and her demeanour is a perfect match for my preferences.

 

We met in high school and fell in love like typical couples. Though, we went through several trials and challenges to get together, in the end we dated for 2 years until we broke up.

 

I don't want to think about it any longer; remembering the past hurts my head. They say, "Let bygones be bygones." Anyway, it's been ten years since we broke up, and I'm still tormented by those old memories of her. I mean, I can't even remember what she looks like now that it's been years, and she have undoubtedly changed her appearance since then.

 

I've never dated another woman since then because of the trauma I got from being in a relationship, and I'm now trying to avoid girls as much as possible. I don't fully isolate myself from the opposite sex; I interact with them, when necessary, but I prefer not to become involved with them.

 

While I was stressed out by the relationship, I started a small business to make some money, but it grew so rapidly and successful that it has now become the largest corporation in Japan. The Yoshikawa’s Cooperative Association includes the majority of the banking sector, as well as the electric power and petroleum industries. Nothing can shake the corporation because there are so many more backing it. I have become Japan's most important pillar, and if the Cooperation were to fall apart, the country would collapse into anarchy.

 

Relationships and affairs aren't significant to me at that point. I don't have the same amount of spare time as I did when I was younger; in fact, I've been working so hard that I haven't slept in three days, and the painful part is that I don't even think it's that unpleasant…

 

Knock Knock

 

While I was thinking about pointless things, a knock came from outside the door.

 

“Who’s there?”

 

“It’s me President.”

 

A familiar voice. Chizuki Hatsuko, better known as my assistant, is the one who owns that voice. For the past ten years, she and I have collaborated. Yes, she was there from the beginning to help me when I initially established the business, so we are quite close to each other, meaning I don’t need to avoid her.

 

“Come in…”

 

“I bought you another coffee cup as you requested.”

 

When the door opened, a taller-than-average woman with long orange hair and a gorgeous figure was visible. She is well-liked in the company because of her appearance and demeanour. She walked in and handed me a cup of coffee before sitting down in front of me.

 

"Don't you think you ought to get some sleep? I believe you've worked enough for today, or rather the last three days... If you keep this up, it will be extremely harmful to your health."

 

“Ughhh I know. But still, I need to finish these documents first…”

 

She sat in front of me and took her glasses of before she peered deeply into my eyes, almost as if staring into my soul. I know it's unhealthy for me, but if I relax now, the pile will be much larger tomorrow... I groaned as my gaze falling on the documents. 'Perhaps I'll just sleep for a while...' I thought.

 

“President, maybe you should try hiring more people. I know you think they’re all incompetents, but if you just hear me out and hire more, it will surely relieve a lot of burdens for you.”

 

I sat calmly while drinking the coffee she gave me and listened to her speak. I persuaded myself that no one could be trusted with this since the last time I let someone else manage my work, they messed everything up and doubled my workload. But, as Hatsuko points out, it might just be that, that person was foolish; there could be others, but I need to get a grasp of them.

 

"Do you think you'll be able to find the right people for me? Actually, as you are aware, I am growing tired of handling paperwork and would want to take a few days off... But if I do that, those who are aiming for me could take advantage of the situation."

 

"Don't worry, you may take a few days off; I'll take care of your position and locate some experts for you."

 

Hatsuko is a brilliant lady who can fill a variety of tasks and has a wide range of expertise. I would have given up on this position a long time ago if she hadn't been there for me. Hatsuko is also manipulating individuals in the shadows, which is one of the reasons we still stand out as the strongest.

 

Actually, I believe she is the true leader of this Cooperation. I pay attention to what she says and do whatever she says, making her the boss of me, who is the boss of the Cooperation.

 

“I owe you one. I’ll call you when I come back, I plan on taking a trip somewhere and I’ll buy you some souvenir when I get back.”

 

“Mhmm you better.”

 

We joked for a few minutes before I took my car key and walked out of the office. There are no more people working at this moment because it is nearly 2 a.m. Before returning home, I step outside to have a quick snack.

 

I head to the convenience shop around the block to get a bag of chips and a can of beer. I heard a scream coming from outside while paying for the food and decided to take a quick peak.

 

“L-let me go!”

0