Chapter 4 – Reunited after 10 years
46 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why are you here? Don’t tell me those kids are actually Jin’s children…

 

I look at Yurika again, and finally able to see the resemblance. But why do I still feel jealousy? Do I still have feelings for her? There’s no way that could happen right?

 

“How could I not notice… Have I really gone senile?” I mumbled to myself

 

“Hey! Give me the photo Mr! Don’t hold it so carelessly.”

 

It was a picture of Yurika and me on our first date, which was 12 years ago. We were only teenagers at the time, so we don't look anything like we do now. Yurika became more attractive, and I became more masculine. We're still in our twenties, despite what I said 12 years ago.

 

“GIVE IT MISTER!!”

 

The boy persistent lead me snap out of my thoughts and return. I look at Yurika and found she was shock, probably because I suddenly collapse like that.

 

Should I tell her now or later…?

 

“Here you go mama!”

 

The boy gave back the frame to her and she was staring at the picture intently while hugging it tightly.

 

What? She looks like she treasures it a lot. But why would she, when she’s the one who cheated first?

 

I stood up and move in front of her. The children probably think I was going to harm her as they both put up a defence.

 

“I don’t understand you… Why do you still hold onto that?! After everything you’ve done to me…”

 

I couldn’t hold it in any longer and took out all my feelings at her.

 

“Koichi-kun…?”

 

“Yes… I’m Koichi, Koichi Yoshikawa your ex-boyfriend, the one you cheated on and the one who threw the damn hammer at you...!”

 

“Koichi… Is it really you…?”

 

“For god sake I said ye-”

 

“KOICHI!”

 

Despite the fact that her legs were wounded, she surged towards me and wrapped her arms around my neck firmly.

 

“Koichi… I missed you so much… I really do...”

 

“W-WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!”

 

“I’m sorry Koichi, I still don’t understand what you mean 12 years ago. I vow in the name of my life that I did not cheat on you.”

 

She clung to me as she sobbed uncontrollably. Behind her, the children are puzzled by their mother's actions.

 

“Even after all these times, you’re still hiding it-”

 

Before I could even complete what I was about to say, she sealed my lip with her mouth

 

How long has it been? 10 seconds? 30 seconds? 1 minutes? The kids are watching us, but I couldn't care less; the warmth of her body has melted my heart. She was the only one I desired to spend time with. Why did I break up with her? I couldn't even see who was with Jin. I merely assumed it was her and blamed her for it. Was it entirely my responsibility if Yurika wasn't to blame?

 

After who knows how long, our lip finally parted, and we look at each other.

 

“Yurika… I still don’t understand what’s happening… Let’s go to my place first and then discuss.”

 

She nodded and followed me. Even though it was late at night, there were still people roaming around. We received a lot of suspicious looks as we walked. Who wouldn't be suspicious if a man is bringing a gorgeous female with some children behind him who looks as if they were slave?

 

“This is my car, go inside…”

 

“You got richer I guess…”

 

The butler opened the car door for us. The butler is only permitted to go home after I arrive home; I should offer him a bonus for waiting for me for three days...

 

As soon as we were seated, the limousine began to move. No one said anything till we arrived. The kids appear ecstatic to be in such a luxurious setting for the first time. I really need to talk to her about this when we're talking about kids... Wait it couldn’t be right...?

 

We arrived at a massive mansion after approximately an hour. We drove inside the gate, but due to the large property, it took us another 15 minutes to get to the core house.

 

I went outside and helped her and the children down. The butler led us into the living area, where tea and snacks were being served by the maids.

 

“Now, let’s hear it from you first Yurika.”

 

“…You really have changed… in a good way.”

 

When she said that, I blushed a little. I'm not sure how I've changed, but as long as she's pleased, I suppose... The kids were preoccupied with their food and were unconcerned about us.

 

"I was confused when I woke up in the hospital that day... I tried calling you several times but received no response. I went over to your place once I was discharged and realised everything had already been taken..."

 

"I left because I needed to study oversea, and I also changed my phone number because it had too many old memories..."

 

“I see… So that was why…”

 

“Continue please.”

 

"Mmmh, my sister paid me a visit when I was in the hospital."

 

"...Do you have a sister?"

 

"I'm not sure why she came, but she was most likely the person you mistook for me.  We are twins, after all."

 

“!”

 

"Hehe, don't be surprised; when she returns, I'll introduce you to her.  I have no idea where she is right now, and I have no method of contacting her."

 

"It was my fault all along... What should I do? I'll do anything to make up to you!"

 

“No!”

 

She ran over and hugged me from the opposite side. She took advantage of the chance to sit on my lap when I had calmed down a little.

 

“It isn’t entirely Koichi-kun’s fault.  It would not have happened if I had told you sooner, so let's just say it's our fault."

 

She clings to me with her tongue stick out like a child. Honesty, how could I have harmed such a sweet and innocent girl like her... I vow myself that now that I have all the money in the world, I'll spend all of my time pampering her.

 

“Eh?! Mama is hugging him... It's not fair Emi also wants..."

 

"Me too, I'd like to hug Mama too!"

 

It appears that the children were envious of their mother hugging someone else and demanded a hug as well.

 

"Are these Yushi's kids?

 

“…”

 

“A-ah sorry… I know you’re still scared of him, so I won’t ask anymore until you’re comfortable.”

 

Both she and the kids tensed up and looked horrified when I spoke his name. The grasp she had on me tightened, and she buried her face into my chest. By then I had realised I shouldn't pursue the topic any further.

 

“…It isn’t...”

 

“…Hm? What did you say?”

 

*Sniff sniff*

 

The kids are worriedly looking at their mother, while Yurika, who had been burying her face in my chest, suddenly broke forth.

 

"WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND! YOU'RE AN IDIOT! IT'S YOURS! STUPID KOICHI IT'S OUR KIDS! It's your own children...!"

 

I was so surprised by the news that I couldn't care less about how she's smacking me on the chest. When I looked across to the kids, they were just as surprised as I was.

 

“…They’re mine…? You’re lying…”

 

“I’m not! I was going to tell you on our 2nd anniversary dinner, but you broke up with me before I even have the chance to speak!”

 

“No… This can’t be…”

 

I lift her up from my lap and placed her on the couch, I then crouch down next to the kids to take a look at them. They were terrified of me at first, but after hearing what their mother had stated, they also moved closer to see me.

 

I can a little resemblance between myself and them when I examine them more attentively. I'd like to pose a question, but I'm afraid it'll enrage Yurika...

 

“Haah… Do you think I don't know what you're thinking behind that ridiculous face? I've been with you for years."

 

“…”

 

I'm afraid I can't deny that. We've spent so much time together since we started dating that we can know what the other is thinking just by looking at each other. I meant, she's the only one who knows, and I’d have no idea what she's up to behind that mischievous face.

 

"If you wish, you may take them for a DNA test.  However, if the results are positive... You'll owe me something, ok...?"

 

"Yes, Milady, but what will you do if it comes back negative?"

 

“It won’t! But if it somehow does… Then you can do whatever you want to me, just don’t harm the kids ok?”

 

“You know I’d never hurt a child.”

 

Before standing up and calling the maid inside, I offered the kids a warm smile.

 

"It's time to clean up the kids."

 

The servants were going to take the kids away, but it appears that it was still too early for them to trust me.

 

““NO! DON'T GET ANY CLOSE TO ME! HELP, MAMA""

 

They both yelled in agony, and the maids gave me an awkward smile before I gave her a sign to back off.

 

“Aki! Emi! It’s okay now, he’s your father. I promise he won’t hurt you like Yushi.”

 

She moved closer to the kids and hugged them both to calm them down. I know she despises uttering his name, but he seems to have caused them a lot of pain. I think we left him buried under the rubble, but he’s probably out by now. I guess I'll deal with him later.

 

“If mama say so…”

 

“Mama don’t trust him too much, he looks evil!”

 

The girl accepts obediently, but the boy remains suspicious of me. I'm sure he'll cause me a lot of trouble later, but they’re still kids after all...

 

They both left with the maids to wash up after having their mum convince them. It's just Yurika and myself in this large room alone now.

 

“They’re finally gone…”

 

“...”

 

Hearing her say that it’s as if she found her children a nuisance.

 

“It’s just us now…”

 

As she said that, she went on top my lap again and force a kiss.

1