Chapter 28: Luke’s Quests
2.2k 9 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days have passed since returning to camp and Rin has heard about some details from the campers. Thalia has been recognized as second to the Alpha. Rin realized that she had gotten stronger and stronger that people say that he is the only one who can beat her. He smiled as he was glad that she was able to get much stronger. Then came Annabeth who was starting to be known as the genius amongst geniuses as she was able to learn so much quicker than everyone else and was able to remember a lot more as well. Though the biggest change was how Luke was known as one of the greatest heroes ever as he was able to be sent against a rogue god during a quest and won. Charlotte was also known as the strategist since she came up with great plans and backup plans for her team and allowed them to make it to victory. 

Though soon after he heard Luke had returned from a quest overseas. Luke had also been able to hear how Rin was able to return with over 100 demigods safely. Luke smiled as his best friend was back. Rin walked towards where Luke was located. They soon saw each other and grinned at each other. Though soon after they both disappeared only for them to appear in front of each other with their fists hitting each other. Though Rin was able to push back Luke and win. “Damn you are still as strong as ever huh Rin,” Luke said as he landed on his ass. “Well you did get a lot stronger,” Rin said as he stretched his hand out to help Luke up. Luke just smiled and accepted his hand. “Really, you always cause some type of trouble,” A silver haired girl said as she walked to the two boys. “And you still love me,” Luke said cheekily. This made Charlotte just blush heavily while pouting. Rin could only laugh at the lovey dovey couple. “When is the wedding?” Rin said jokingly. This made Charlotte become even redder. It was even able to make Luke nervous. Rin could only laugh at the couple's expense. Charlotte was mad that she was being made fun of and tried to catch Rin only to see was long gone and appeared on top of a tree. “You looking for me Mrs. Castellan?” Rin asked. Charlotte could do nothing as he was too high up. This whole time Luke was trying to hold back his laughter but could not help it and let out a chuckle. This signaled the day Luke Castellan would die. “What are you laughing at?” Charlotte asked, turning around on him. Luke then was thinking at lightning speed on what to say. “I was laughing at uhhh, I was laughing at uhhhh,” Luke said trying to come up with something but ultimately could not. Rin was looking over this and could already see the “press F to pay your respects,” prompt. Soon Rin could only see Charlotte drag Luke by his ears. Rin then saluted at the fallen soldier. 

The next day came around and Luke was holding his ear as it was still in pain. Charlotte was smiling like nothing had happened. Luke came over to Rin and asked him if he wanted to go on a quest he was told to do by the goddess Artemis. When Rin heard his mothers name he sensed something and he quickly dodged. An arrow soon flew past him and he saw it was a blunt arrow with some sticky yellow substance on the blunt tip. Rin quickly realized that it had the divinity of a hunter god. He quickly searched around only to see a man with a red cape, brown pants, blue shirt,  a beehive in one hand, and a bow in the other. Rin quickly realizes that it is the god known as Aristaeus. Though he soon turns and runs away as a lightning bold strikes right where he was standing. 'So those are the defenses against gods coming into camp, though it seems it does not work on the olympians' Rin thought to himself.

“What did he do to make Artemis mad?” Rin asked. “He tried to get a peek of her while she was trying to take a shower,” he said. This instantly made Rin pissed as the god tried to peek on his mom. “Well then what are we waiting for?” Rin says. They both nodded. Though they soon hear someone from behind them. “I want to go too,” Thalia said. Rin could only look at her with some pain. “I am sorry Thalia but you can’t go as you will be instantly swarmed by monsters,” Rin explained. Thalia then lowered her head, sad that she could not go. “I can take you to the beach once we are done, how about that?” Rin said. This instantly made her happy as she nodded rapidly. Rin could not help but want to take a picture of how cute she was being. [Already did it for you] Alice said. [I actually did it for any cute moment you have been able to witness] Alice explained. [Thank you very much Alice!!!] Rin thanked Alice. Luke had already packed everything so they were soon on their way.

57