Chapter 55: The Fall
1.4k 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They drove off for a whole day before arriving at the Amtrak Train. Rin then tells everyone that they should go by train as the car would run out of gas sooner or later. Though he was just lying as the car had infinite fuel and could run forever.

They get on the train and are on it for 2 days. Percy was just playing some cards with Grover and it seemed that Grover was winning. Annabeth was studying some magic scrolls that Rin had given her. Thalia was training her spear technique with Rin’s help. Luke and Charlotte were just enjoying their time together.

Though Percy had been suffering from many nightmares about Kronos. Though this leads to everyone one else realizing that they have not had a nightmare in years. Annabeth then realized who it could have been and looked at Rin who was smiling. “Did you do this?” Annabeth asked. “Guess I got caught,” Rin said, holding his hands up as he was being arrested. Annabeth and Thalia both hug him tightly before both of them kiss his cheeks. 

The train soon came to a stop in front of the Ark. Annabeth dragged Rin to go sightseeing with her. Everyone else followed them. Though when they were entering the elevator, the ranger said that there was no space for Rin and Percy. Rin just tells everyone that he would meet them there and to enjoy it.

Rin and Percy soon go into another elevator with a small family of three and an old woman with a small chihuahua in her hands. Percy did not know why but he had a bad feeling about the old woman.

Though the chihuahua starts to growl, bark, and even froth at the mouth. “Calm down Sonny, let’s wait until the mortals have left,” the old woman said. “Is that his name, Sunny?” Percy asked. “No, I call him Sonny because he is my son,” the old woman said before smiling at him. Percy was now confused as he just heard this woman call her dog her son.

The chihuahua started to go even crazier and the old woman sighed before putting it down. “Fine but we have to make it quick,” the old woman said. The chihuahua started to grow bigger and bigger. Its body soon turned into a goat's body, its head turned into a lion’s head with a bloody mane, and its tail soon turned into a 10 feet diamondback snake head.

“His name is not Sonny, it is Chimera,” the old woman said. “And I am the mother of all monsters, Echidna,” she said.

Percy quickly uncapped his sword and got ready to fight. The Chimera soon lets out a hissing noise and Percy sees some orange flames in the back of its throat. Percy quickly rolls to the side and the Chimera lets out a huge flamethrower that melted a huge hole in the side of the cart. The Chimera then tries to claw at Percy and Percy blocks the attack with Riptide. Though he underestimated the strength of the chimera as it knocked the sword out of his hands and into the river below them. 

Chimera, seeing Percy was defenseless, quickly brought down its tail and bit Percy in the thigh. Percy could only cry out in pain as he felt the poison burn him from the inside. Percy then looks at the river below and thinks if he could survive the fall and if he would be able to heal in it.

“Will you jump, will you put your trust in your father?” Echidna asked. Percy was thinking but was too late as the Chimera rose his paw one more time aiming for his head. Percy closes his eyes waiting for death but he feels nothing and opens his eyes.

Rin was holding the Chimera’s paw with one hand. “Percy you must put your faith in your father and jump,” Rin said looking straight into Percy’s eyes. Percy, seeing Rin being serious, stands up, closes his eyes, and jumps backwards.

Rin smiled and looked back at the Chimera. Echidna was looking at Rin as if he was a wild card. “Kill him,” she told the Chimera. Though she soon saw how the Chimera could not pull back its paw from Rin’s grip. 

Rin just lets it go and looks at it with cold eyes. “Bow,” was the only word Rin said. Echidna on the other hand started to laugh when she heard Rin telling the Chimera to bow. “I have tried my whole life to make her bow down to me but she never listened to me, her mother, how is she going to listen to you?” she asked.

Though she was completely stunned by the Chimera’s next action. It sat down before laying down on the floor with its head down. Echidna never believed such a scene to ever be possible. Rin then fixes the Elevator and erases the memories of the family.

They all then stood there in silence before there was a ding. “Well this is my stop, bye,” Rin says with a smile before getting off the elevator.

When the rest of the group saw only Rin come out of the elevator, they were worried. Though Rin just tells him that Percy just went to take a dip in the water.

“What water?” Charlotte asked. Rin just points below them and they all see the Mississippi River. “He is fine, he has to go there to get some valuable information,” Rin said before everyone could freak out.

They all take the elevator down and soon see Percy right in front of them. Percy then tells him about his contact with a water spirit. The water spirit told him that if he does not hurry his mother’s life may be in danger, and to go to Santa Monica Beach. Everyone realizes how serious this could be as Percy’s mom was in danger.

They get back on the train as they headed towards Denver. 

34