Chapter 64: Fear
1.5k 13 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An entire week had passed since Rin beat the gods and changed their king. Lilith was able to leave Ohane without a worry of gods coming after her.

Rin and Lilith were walking around the forest at camp Half-Blood. Though Lilith kept rubbing her belly and looking at Rin with thoughtful eyes. Rin could already guess what she wanted to talk about so he brought them to a small hill to sit on.

“Let’s talk,” Rin said. “I want a child,” Lilith said without holding back. “But..” Rin said before being interrupted by Lilith. “You made a promise, remember?” Lilith said. Rin knew about the promise but he was still hesitating. Lilith was even able to see fear in his eyes.

“Why are you scared?” Lilith asked while grabbing his hand so he couldn't escape. Rin, seeing no way out, just sighed. “You know that I have lived millions of lives, right?” Rin asked. Lilith nodded. “What you must have realized I have had a terrible fate, seeing most of my loved ones die, and anyone who tried to get close to me would later die making me lonely,” Rin said.

“Yes but I just thought that it was one horrible life and the rest you lived a pretty fulfilling life,” Lilith said. “What wishful thinking,” Rin said with a sour smile. “What do you mean?” Lilith asked.

“I have lived throughout every single life seeing my family die, friends perish, countries at war, my lovers killed, my children dying before seeing a glimpse of the world, worlds destroyed, galaxies exploded, everything horrible that could happen most likely happened,” Rin said with pain practically radiating off of him. Lilith could only look at him with tears in her eyes. She could never imagine going through a small portion of what Rin had to go through. She launched herself into his arms and hugged him tightly.

“I have lost many of my wifes and children at childbirth,” Rin explained. Lilith finally realized why he was afraid now. He was afraid that his curse would act up again taking her and his child away from him once again. 

Lilith cupped Rin’s face with her hands. “I know you are afraid, but you can never let fear dictate your life,” Lilith said. “You must have hope and never stop trying,” Lilith said. “Also you really think I am not strong enough to give birth?” Lilith asked with a raised eyebrow.

Rin seeing her still wanting a child made him smile. “No, I believe you can handle it easily,” Rin said and hugged her tightly. “Though you did not say I couldn’t be prepared just in case,” Rin said, already looking through his system for life saving items. Lilith could only shake her head at Rin’s actions.

Rin then picked her up in a princess carry. “Now all that is left is to put a baby in you,” Rin said as he teleported to his room in his mansion. Lilith could only blush at what happens next.

33