[Vol.2] Quest 135- Heavenly Sword
2.5k 2 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cirrus wakes up to the smell of delicious food.

"Sniff! Sniff! Food?"

He gets up and walks down to find the kitchen lights on.

He could hear humming, and as he approaches the kitchen and looks through the doorway, he sees a white fox tail swinging.

"Ai?"

"Oh, Cirrus! You’re up!" She walks up to him.

"What are you doing?"

"I’m just making food if it weren't so obvious. Since Circe said you have been busy getting the material, so go and take a bath!" She turned to Cirrus around and pushed him. "You smell like old Natto!"

"… What the fuck is Natto?"

Cirrus took a quick shower and got himself clothed. When he came back to the kitchen, he found a rather Japanese-looking set.

"…This looks pretty good."

"I did my best! So eat!"

Cirrus got a fork and tried the food.

"Pretty good… could use some salt."

"How dare you! I use the right amount of salt!"

 

After eating, Cirrus went to the forge and got started on his work.

"I’ll come back tomorrow, alright!"

"Hm, will do."

"And don’t forget to eat, alright! I left leftovers in the fridge!"

"I’ll try!"

Soon after she left, Cirrus got to work. He turned off the light, leaving only the fire of the forge as the only light source.

"Hecton, let's start."

From the shadows, several arms popped out, holding metal dreamcatchers with a magic stone in the middle.

"Set the Sound Eaters."

The arms then took out a nail from the shadow and, with their thumbs, nailed the Sound Eaters to the walls of the building.

"Everything set?"

One of the arms gave a thumbs up.

"Alright."

One of the hands comes and brings him several ore and materials from the basement and places them all in a special melting pot.

"(Damocles, Sing)!"

From his magic circle above, he melts the ore with the heat of the lightning.

"Let’s get started before Evilus decides to show back up."

For the next few weeks, Cirrus worked non-stop on the sword.

Clang!!!

Clang!!!

Clang!!!

Days in and—

Crackle!!!

Crackle!!!

Crackle!!!

—day out.

Cirrus would focus on it using his magic to form and attune the metal, as well as using Hecton to get material from the basement, such as various powders and oils Circe made.

Not even Ai could break him from it, as it was for a weapon that would be regarded as a masterpiece that Cirrus demanded all of his undivided attention to its creation. It was to the point where time seemed to blend and blur together because of how focused he was.

Cirrus could feel his body begin to get tired, something warm going down his throat, and the scent of hibiscus, but it was quickly drowned out by the taste of his sweat, the clanging of the metal, and the thundering of his magic.

The next time Cirrus would regain his senses of the world around him would be 4 weeks later.

"Huff! Huff!" He collapsed to the ground in exhaustion.

His mind and body were awash in fatigue. He simply fell asleep on the spot as the familiar scent of hibiscus that came now and again in his stupor came to him and picked him up.

 

When he opened his eyes, he found himself in bed.

"…I have to stop doing this."

He gets up feeling sore, so he gets out a potion and drinks it. He could feel the soreness slowly fade away as he walked down the stairs to see Eupheme, Ai, Nox, and Circe huddled together.

"What’s going on?" he said.

They move away to show his weapon, a lavishly decorated Chokutō that had the exact amount of design to not be cluttered, with a red string on the sheath with clouds on it and a flower-designed guard. The handle of the blade was red with a magic stone encased in Thousand-Year Tree Sap. The end of the blade had a beautiful red tassel with a gold sphere.

"C-Cirrus, is this it?" said Eupheme.

"Yup."

He came and grabbed the sword and unsheathed it—a beautiful silver, one-edged sword. Just drawing it was enough for the air to get cut.

"Want to hold it?" he said to them.

"I-I’ll try!" Eupheme slowly got the handle, and it felt perfectly weighted. "Cirrus, what material did you use to make this?"

"Hmmm… Dir Adamantite, Mithril, Valmarth, Seiros, a few processed Valgang Dragon Fang, and last but not least Orichalcum for the blade itself and along with the guard, then Valgang Dragon Scales, Unicorn Horn, Obsidian Soldier's Body Stone, and Cadmus Hide for the handle. I made the red tassel with spider thread from the Deformis Spider of the Deep Floors. The magic crystal came from the Balor and is encased in Thousand-Year Tree Sap. All in all, you can say it’s like a finished Brilliant Nightmare, but far more detailed."

Eupheme felt a bit dizzy hearing all the material Ai had to catch her.

"Whoa! There!" she said, catching her.

"I-I'm sorry, hearing so much expensive stuff made me light-headed. I couldn't imagine working with so much material that it would bankrupt me. Now I don't wish to hold this blade for fear of dropping it." She hands it to Ai.

Ai grabbed it, and she felt as though it was part of her arm. It was light yet very sturdy.

"Cirrus, is it really like your weapon?"

"Yes," Cirrus said, getting the sword back and sheathing it. "You just need to put mana into it, and it’ll show its true form. Oh, and don't worry about it breaking; I gave it the Durandal attribute, so it's very, very unbreakable."

"C-can we see it?" said Nox excitedly.

"Hmm. Maybe when I’m showing it to Hephaestus, Eupheme, is she back at her office?"

"Yeah," she said slowly, getting up. "Do you wish to go see her right now?"

"Hmm… Ai, why don’t you go with Eupheme?"

"M-me!? Why!?"

"Well, you can show it off better than me, and your magic pairs well with it."

"Did you make it for her?" said Circe.

"Well, technically yes, but besides, I already planned on what to name it!"

"And that is?" said Eupheme, standing back to normal.

"Its name is the Heavenly Cloud-Gathering Cutter." He then hands it to Ai. "Show this off to Hephaestus and hopefully to Susanoo, but um, you should show it off outside and aim for the sky just to be safe."

 

Yes, the blade is the Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi of myth with a different name. I had an idea of how it was gonna be created in the story that involved Ai in its creation, but I scrapped it.

71