Quest 7- Monster Parade
8.9k 18 218
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A couple of months have passed, and Cirrus has been an adventure for 7 months now. He has steadily built his experience up with his traversal with Eupheme into the dungeon. He has even expanded his repertoire with the use of a spear.

When Cirrus commissioned a spear from Eupheme she was surprised by what he requested.

“… What’s with this design?” she said, looking at an odd blueprint of a spear.

“It’s a spear that you can take apart, so it doesn’t have to take up space when you are traversing the dungeon.”

“I can see that, but what of these other blueprints?”

“Oh, those I thought of some ideas for weapons and thought you would have fun trying to make them. Do you not like them?”

“No… it’s hard to wrap my head around how some things will work is all… but.” Her face made a grin. “I smith who doesn’t like a challenge isn’t a noteworthy smith, to begin with!”

 

Cirrus has also improved his status further to ranks Ouranos and Fels didn’t think possible.


Cirrus Zephyr

Lv. 1

Strength: S998→ SSS1130     Endurance: S975→ SS1080

Dexterity: SS1099→ X1205   Agility: SSS1143→ X1240

Magic: S905→ SS1010


“Double and even triple S rank abilities… even an ability in X… to think there were even possible,” Ouranos said.

“Then there must be even higher ranks, right?” said Cirrus.

“That is a highly likely guess… Cirrus, you can easily go up a level if you wish. You simply need to do a grand feat.” Fels said.

“Hmm… no, not right now. I wish to see how far my abilities can grow when I’m a level one.”

“So long as you are careful, even if your abilities make you into a level 2, there are still monsters that can easily kill you and even people,” Fels said.

“Speaking of which, how are things with Evilus?” Cirrus asked.

“The Guild along with the Loki and Freya Familia are working to weaken them,” Ouranos said.

“Hmm… I am sorry I am still not of use to you, Lord Ouranos.”

“It is fine. You are building up your strength. Should we require your help, we shall ask,” Ouranos said in a calm tone of voice.

 

In the months' Cirrus kept his ear to the ground and heard bits and pieces of the group’s activities, but that was all. He still hasn’t told Eupheme that he goes into the dungeon on his own. It's mostly to improve his skills and experience gained from these unfavorable encounters.

Down in the Dungeon’s 12th floor, 2 weeks after having his status updated.

Haa! haa! Fuck, I’m tired…” Cirrus said after going through a few Orcs, Imps, and Hard Armored’s, a species that resemble an armadillo.

‘I’m getting better at switching between weapons, but the speed I used to assemble the spear needs to be faster.’

He swings his spear to get rid of the blood as well as his sword, he then takes out a cloth and cleans them before sheathing them. He goes to the stairway leading up to the floor and rested by it.

‘Hmm! I should buy more from those stalls. These Jagamarukuns are delicious!’

As he rested, he could hear the sounds of several clangs off in the mist.

‘Well, I’m not smelling any iron in the--!!’

A large roar filled the floor as many adventures began to run back up to the 11th floor.

“Hey what’s happening!” Cirrus shouted at one of the adventures.

“Some asshole riled up all the monsters and made a Monster Parade! They are coming!! Get out while you can kid!!” he said, running away.

Cirrus looks out into the mist, and a thought occurred to him.

‘Would this not count as a grand feat??’

“Let’s get started.”

He said with a smile on his face. He got into a sprinting form and kicked off, rushing into the mist, listening to the sounds of adventures.

‘Faster!!! More!! More!!!’

“(Exousía, Adorn: Ceryneian)!!”

A white hide-like bandaged covered his body’s limbs and granted him a deer mask with golden antlers with a white Hagoromo giving it a divine-like appearance. The moment he used his magic, and it enveloped him, he ran faster than any arrow shot. The speed at which Cirrus ran caused the mist to be blown away by the speed, making a clear path within the mist.

‘I see them!’

Cirrus throws his bag onto a nearby tree and draws his blade. With the momentum, he quickly decapitates the Silver Back’s head using the speed to help cut it off.

“Go! Run!!” he shouted at the adventures.

“R-right!!” they followed the path he made from the stairways up and ran to get help.

“Now… let’s see if this is enough of a grand feat!!”

A ball of fire came at him, but Cirrus quickly moved to see the head of an Infant Dragon in the back of the 3 Silver Backs, 9 Orcs, and 6 Imps.

“Tch!”

Cirrus weaved his way through the monsters, cutting their tendons as best as he could before reaching the Infant Dragon.

He slid under with the speed and with all of his strength impaled it, cutting the bottom of its stomach until Cirrus heard a ding, the sound of a magic stone.

“HAAAA!!!!!!!!!!”

He stabbed further, breaking the Magic Stone, causing the Infant Dragon to explode into ash. As the dragon disappeared, 3 Silver Backs were coming down at Cirrus.

‘Shit!!’

He tossed his blade into an Orc's bulging stomach and took out his spear. It was a 3 sectioned spear, and it all came together with a single snap.

With the speed he moved in his pivot, he cut deep into the 3 Silver Back fists, causing them to back off a bit in mid-air to wince in pain.

Seeing this opportunity, he quickly stabbed one in the eyes and turned his spear, destroying its brain. Cirrus then removed the spear and saw that the Silver Back to his left had gone in for a left punch. Cirrus used his spear to block it, causing him to be sent back into the Silver Back to his right.

“!!”

Cirrus turned the spear around, so the point is facing him, and as he approached the monster, he plunged his spear from under his pits into the Silver Backs' chest.

Ding!

A slight ding reverberated through the spear and Cirrus used a bit more strength to plunge it further and the beast turned to ash instantly, like the Infant Dragon.

“Tough fucker.”

Several other monsters swarmed Cirrus, but he simply started to swing his spear like a baton and cut his way to the weakened Silver Back when his spear is stopped in the stomach of an Orc.

“You pig fuck.”

He then used the antlers on his head and stabbed and impaled them into the monster. And with great force and strength, using its body as a shield, runs through the other monsters before undoing the magic and he grabs his spear. Using the speed at which he threw the Orc with his antlers, it crashed into the other monsters as well as unsticking his spear.

‘Shit, I should have finished more, but hey what can I do?’

He turned the spear back into 3 sections tied together with a chain and swung it around, cutting deeply into their heads before finding the Orc in the pile that had his sword and throwing it once more into the weakened Silver Backs' eye.

“OOO!!! OOO!!!”

It cried out.

Cirrus sliced the last Orc’s legs, causing it to stumble down and with his body. Cirrus used it as a platform and turned his 3 sectioned spear back into a spear and used the butt-end of the spear to dig the sword further, causing the Silver back to fall back.

Haaa!! Haa!!

Tired from the fight, Cirrus walks towards the Silver Back and picks up his spear. He then impales it in its chest, turning its body to ash and picking up his sword.

He swings it again to clean the blood before turning to the Orc he used as a platform. He slowly walked over and with a stab, he impaled the Orc from the back, destroying its magic stone and causing it to turn to ash as well.

He looked around to find there were no more monsters. He had culled them while he was swinging his spear around.

“Fucking finally…”

He walks to his bag slowly and sits down next to it, getting a magic potion he got from Lenoa and chugging it down.

“Guh… tastes rancid as ever.”

“Well, well, look at that. I didn’t think this Monster Parade would be dealt with so fast?”

“!!”

Another voice echoed through the misty floor.

 

Cirrus's magic is based on Heracles's 12 labors. His base armor is based on the Golden Fleece.

218