[Vol.4] Quest 383.5- Gram Test
291 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day.

“Alright,” Haku said as he, his friends, and his siblings, along with their mothers, “So I just pull, right?” He looked to Artemis.

“That is right.” Artemis nodded. “From what your father said, you must hold onto it for three hours. At each hour, the pain increases.”

“Uhh… Did Dad actually pass it?”

“If you don’t want to do it, can I try?" Callisto said.

“Ignore her,” Nox said. “Your father did complete it. He hated every second of it. You just need the grit to push through. So once you draw Gram, you best brace yourself.”

“… Neat.” He was a bit nervous. “So why is everyone here? Just to watch me suffer?”

"Well," Circe said. “We wish to see how the process goes.”

“You’re not going to laugh, will you?”

“Of course not. Your father admitted that he cried from so much pain.”

“Alright.” He holds Gram in his arms. “Here it goes!”

He unsheathed it and drew it whole in a single motion.

Shing!

It shined under the sun.

“Ooh!” Everyone said looking at it under the sun’s brilliance.

“… Huh?” He said, looking at them. “It’s not that—!!!!” A twisting agony ran through his arm as if his nerves were caught on fire. “Guh!?!?” He tried desperately to hold it, but only pain flooded his thoughts. “Gah!!!” He lets go of Gram, and it falls to the ground.

Thud!

It lands on the grass, still shining under the light of the sun.

“Haku!!” Mairu came up to him. “Are you alright?"

“I… no. My arm hurts.” He said rubbing it.

“Should fade away in a bit,” Nox said. “So any one of you want to try?” Immediately, Nox grabbed Callisto’s head.

“Me—Gah!?”

“Not you.”

“Come on!!”

“May I try?” Musashi asked.

“Go ahead,” Haku said, stepping away a bit. “Ugh!”

Musashi walked up to Gram and picked it up.

“Hm. It is—!!!!!” She too felt the unbearable pain of Gram’s curse. “Grrr!!!” She gritted her teeth, holding onto Gram. “I!! Can!!!” The pain spread past her shoulder, and the feeling of bones twisting came in. “Gaaah!!!”

Thud!!

She dropped it as well.

“Ahhh!!! Dammit!!!” she said, rubbing her arm.

“Well, good thing I do not use a sword,” Retsu said.

"Yup," said Auberon.

“Uh-huh,” Alise said.

“Come on, let me try!” Callisto said.

“Haku?” Nox looked at him.

“Yeah, yeah, go ahead and try,” Haku said.

“Here.” Circe hands him a potion. “It should help numb the pain.”

“Thanks.”

Nox lets go of Callisto, and she quickly grabs Gram.

“Ooh!! Dad’s heirlo—!!!!!!” She felt the twisting agony. “Owwwwww!!! You never said this twisting agony!"

“Why did you think we dropped it!!” Musashi shouted.

“Don’t yell at me; I am very angry!" She said tightening her grip. “Aunty Circe, can I get that potion!!”

“No,” Haku answered. “You are supposed to work through the pain. Circe, how long till the potion wears off?”

“In an hour or two. Quicker if you move around more.”

“Mom! Can you—”

“Nope,” Artemis replied. “It is as your brother said. You must work through pain to earn the right to wield it.”

“Ugh! But—Aaaagh!!!” The pain went past her shoulder, and her bones began to twist and ache. “It’s like a massive cramp!"

“You can drop it if you want," Ryuu said. “It’s fine to give up and try again another time.”

“Hm.” Malion nodded. “Yes, so long as you try again, that is what matters.”

“But I wanna pass it!” Callisto complained.

“Callisto.” Ryuu walked up to her and held her face. “Listen to my words; it’s okay to let go of that pain. You already have something special from your father.”

“Ugh!!” her face scrunched up before letting go of Gram.

Thud!

“There.” Ryuu patted her head.

“Mmm!! This sucks!” She stomps away. “I’m going to my room!”

They see her stomp away back to the tower.

“Well, good luck Haku.” Ryuu quickly picked up Gram and sheathed it. “I know you can do it.”

She walks over and hands him Gram.

“Hm.” He takes it back. “Thank you.”

 

Haku would try it again later.

11