[Vol.2] Quest 197.5- Kalion, The Xeno
1.7k 1 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A bit before Cirrus met Kalion.

"Sir, that is the shipment." said a member of his covert branch, 

"Good capture as many as you can, should they pose a threat use force if necessary."

"Yes sir!" The member says, then disappears into the shadows.

"Cirrus, all the others are ready." said Ai.

"Then we move on your mark. I want this done and over with as few casualties on our side as we can."

"Hm!"

With Ai leading the charges, they quickly stormed the harbor and took down several people and captured several of the slavers.

‘She’s as quick as always, and it’s a bit terrifying how much her drawing speed and swordsmanship have improved.’ Nox said as she watched from Cirrus’s shoulder.

"She has been sparring with me, so it would make sense that she gets this strong."

'Say, have you gotten better at whistling? I saw you learning from some kids?’

"I’ve gotten better. Can you whistle?"

‘Yes.’

"…Lucky punk ass."

While walking down to the harbor, Cirrus decided to give them something nice to listen to and simply used a leaf to play a tune.

♪♪♪♪♪♪~

"Sir, they have several amounts of cargo. What should we do?"

"Open them and if their slaves gather them up and treat them for anything, once their calm learn where they are from, we can get started on bringing them back."

"Yes, sir!"

They opened box after box to find several slaves in horrible conditions, all put together to save space.

"Fuck… Get them out and feed them well!"

They all quickly went about and freed them when one member opened a box to reveal a Bicorn simply sitting down.

 

The next day in Fuyukusa, in the backyard of Cirrus’s home.

"Did you really tame him?" asked Aphrodite.

"Well, he was already tame when they found him."

"Shouldn’t it be running wild trying to kill us since its master isn’t around?" said Ai.

"Well…this one is special!" Cirrus said with a smile.

"You know something, don’t you Cirrus?" said Artemis, looking keenly at Kalion and then at Nox. "And you as well, Nox. You’ve been rather quiet on this subject."

"!!" Kalion feels the goddess's gaze on him.

"Well, it’s time for introductions then. Would you like to introduce yourself?" Cirrus said to Kalion.

"Cirrus it can’t talk." said Aphrodite.

Nox gave a smile as she saw Kalion’s mouth open.

"My name is Kalion."

"!?!?"

As they spoke, Ai, Artemis, and Aphrodite were all taken aback.

"I-I-I-it can talk!?" yelled everyone.

"What an amazing sight!" said Artemis, walking up to it.

"This could bring a new change to the world! Tell me, Kalion! Is there a Unicorn that can talk!" shouted Aphrodite.

"…I do not know. My people, the Xeno, are a rather new species. The oldest I have seen was over 200 years of age. And given that we are born in the dungeon, our numbers are rather low as we can be killed by either adventures or monsters."

"That's..." said Ai. "…B-but how are you here? All the way in the far east from Orario?"

"Captured and sold, my fellow Xeno, who talked much like me to survive, was sold off to some other place, and I was sold to some noble in this country."

"Well, so long as you are under our protection, nothing bad will come to you!" said Artemis. "As Goddess of the Hunt, I deem you sacred!"

"Hm! I as well!" said Aphrodite. "A new existence like your kind will certainly bring fun to the world!"

"Ai?" said Cirrus.

"…We will keep you safe!" she said with a bright smile.

"…Such kindness…it feels like a dream."

"Say, what do you eat? Is it magic stones or normal food a horse would eat?" asked Cirrus.

"I eat plants."

"Ah, an herbivore… What about meat?"

"…I rather not find out."

"Heh-haha! a good sense of humor! Very well, I'll go get him some vegetables!"

As Cirrus left, Kalion asked Ai a question.

"Can I ask who this Cirrus is? When I first met him, I could feel certain death had I not spoken."

"Ah well, Cirrus is Orario’s strongest adventure! A level 8!" said Ai.

"E-eight!?"

"Yup! And for your information, I’m a level 6!"

"I-it would seem I have lucked out much like my predecessors."

"Hm? What do you mean?" asked Artemis.

"I mean the other Xeno who are under protection."

"By... Fels?" Ai said throwing a shot in the dark.

"Ooh! You know Lord/Lady Fels!"

56