[Vol.3] Quest 219- A Sun Gods Banquet
1.7k 3 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day of the banquet.

Riding in a carriage, it stops in front of a mansion. There is only a guard at the gate.

The guard waits in bait and breath as just a while ago Freya had walked in.

First to come out was a man, his hair was combed to the side, his eyes like polished emeralds, and his clothing was a fine tailored made suit and tie, paired with a golden watch and two rings on both of his ring fingers.

With his handsome looks, he could have easily passed for a high-class noble or even a god, but his aura, was like that of Ottar, yet more relaxed.

As he gets out, he extends his arm and smooth, long white gloves with the ring finger exposed. On it was an emerald and light-blue ring on the finger to match the man. She slowly got out with a white and blue dress with a crisscrossed styled dress, her long blue hair flowed like water that framed her brilliant emerald eyes to rival the man who holds her hand. Yet despite her appearance the eyes are drawn in on her lips, nice and plump lips dyed in a lovely shade of pink. 

Her beauty wasn’t on the levels of Freya, but it certainly was enough to mistaken her for a goddess of beauty.

The goddess wrapped her hand around the man, and they walked up to the guard.

“U-um ahem! Invitation sir? Madam?”

The man reaches into his jacket and pulls out the invitation.

“Right this way, sir!”

As soon as both of their feet entered the building, many were drawn to them.

They slowly walk up the stairs and enter the banquet room.

“So many gods… fufu, but none as handsome as you, Cirrus!”

“And none as charming as you, Art. I love what you did with your hair."

"Fufu. Thank you! Maybe I should keep it this way?"

"But then I'll miss your cute blunt bangs, besides I don't want others to stare at my wife."

"And why is that?" She said in a cheeky manner.

"I get jealous, and then slightly angry."

The married couple put on their finest clothing for this night.

 

As they walked into the building, they went to the main hall where they were quickly spotted Freya and Ottar talking with:

“… Shit.”

He spotted Bell and Ais, and their eyes meet. He could see the light in their eyes brighten.

“Artemis?” said a petite yet well-endowed goddess with black hair and the kindest blue eyes Cirrus had ever seen.

“Oh, Hestia!” Artemis walked over to her.

‘Fuck Hestia!?' Cirrus' mind raced on what this goddess would do or react. She is Hestia, Goddess of the Hearth. "The other famed Virgin Goddess! Wait… hmm I should be fine no? I mean, if all of Olympus would go to war with each other than Hestia, who would be the last left standing not for power or the like she’s just so well loved, they would rather kill themselves than to even hurt her. But Bell… does he still remember? Fuck…’

As Cirrus walked over with Artemis walking a bit ahead of him, he could see Hermes smiling.

‘Lanky-ass-motherfucker… if he set this up, I’m going to wring his fucking head.’

He was in a bad mood, but with one quick look at his wives happy face from meeting a old friend it lightened his heart.

'God my wife is so beautiful and cute!' He thought to himself happy to be by her side.

“Artemis!" Hestia beamed with a smile like the sun. "It is you! I heard from Hephaestus that you were outside of Orario!" She came up to her old friend. "When did you get back?”

“Oh, just a few days ago, I have been taking care of some business." She nods. "Oh, this is my child!" She turned and gestures to her husband and first love. "Cirrus!”

He could feel Freya, Hephaestus, and Hermes’ gaze on him, as well as their children’s, they were intense as if they seek to find something to securitize him for.

“… What?” Hestia said, surprised. “W-what do you mean?" The pieces' in her mind weren't clicking. "I thought you only had females as your children!?”

“He’s a bit special.” She said slightly, putting her right hand to her heart and showing off the ring. "Very special in a way no other could match."

All the gods and their children quickly picked up on it. The male gods felt envy and brotherly respect for this human who had conquered what many gods couldn’t. Had they been with their male peers they would have given Cirrus high praises, drinks, high-fives, everything to praise and congratulate him.

For the women, they felt a bit envious and pissed that a virgin goddess got hitched before them. They wished to ask, to request, to demand how, HOW, thee Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt, the Wilderness, Virginity! So many questions that a day would not be enough to satisfy their curiosity.

“It’s been a long time, Cirrus,” Freya said, walking up to him. "You look handsome and polished."

“It has been a while, Lady Freya, and to you as well, Ottar.” Cirrus extends his hand, and Ottar shakes it. "Thank you for the kind words, Lady Freya. Ottar you look as good as ever, that suit really fits your trained body."

"Hm." He gives a grunt. "You look healthy and strong. You have lost her face with age."

The two let go of one another's hands.

"I bet that makes you slightly happy to no longer have nightmares huh?" He rose an eyebrow.

"Heh." He gave a light chuckle.

Many people were surprised by the lack of tension between the two.

“And how could I forget?” Cirrus took Freya's hand and kissed it. “I should show respect to a goddess who gave financial support to the orphanage Astraea took care of.” He let go of her hand and stood straight up. "Truly, thank you."

“Fufu,” a slight smile appeared. “It's no problem at all," She waved it off. "For what her Familia did and what happened, it was the least I can do.”

Many were shocked Cirrus could have a conversation with Freya with such ease. Most would easily just cater to her. It could also be because of Artemis herself next to him.

“I’m sorry, but I’ll take my leave." She turned her body. "Until next time, I’ll be sure to wear the gift you gave me.”

“And I, the sword you gifted me,” said Ottar.

The two left as Freya gently waved goodbye.

“So you’re the one who snagged yourself a virgin goddess, huh!” said Loki with a mischievous smile.

“Eh??”

Almost immediately, the gods smiled as they see Hestia start to process this information.

“W-w-w-w-w-what!?!?” she shouted.

‘Ah fuck me, I think I will crush the Loki Familia after this banquet.’

As Hestia was processing it, Loki was prodding her. Cirrus took a few steps back.

“U-um…”

Cirrus turns to see Bell trying to speak.

“Um… do you remember me?”

“… Of course I do. How can I forget the boy I met while on my travels? How is your grandfather?”

He made a happy expression but slowly turned sad.

‘I know Zeus faked his death, but I have to fake it for now.’

“He, um, passed away. It was a monster attack.”

“Ah… I see… well, at least he raised a fine young man.” Cirrus said, patting his shoulders. “Say, have you met with Orario’s Sword Princess?”

“E-eh!?” 

Instantly, Loki and Hestia stared at Cirrus.

“First you stole Artemis’s chastity, now you want to get Bell to--hmph!”

“I won’t let you--hmph!”

Artemis quickly grabbed their mouths.

“Now, now, it’s no use in struggling! After all, I use a 40-pound bow, so if I want.” She tightened her grip. “I can easily zip you two up!”

“Gaaaah!!” said Loki and Hestia.

“As I was saying, have you two met? If not, this is the perfect place to get to know one another!” Cirrus said with a smile.

He could see the two blushing.

“Say Cirrus, would you mind telling us how you managed to get--gah!” Cirrus grabbed his jaw.

“Hermes… we have been over this, and I told you it’s this habit of yours that you keep getting punished for.”

“Sowwy! Sowwy!”

Cirrus removed his hand.

“I’m sorry for Lord Hermes, Cirrus.” Said Asfi.

“It’s fine. If he didn’t do or say something sketchy, I would have assumed he was a fake, or at the very least, you managed to break him in.”

“Y-you would give me too much credit.” She said, blushing.

“Hm? that attire are you from Yamato?” Cirrus said, looking at Takemikazuchi.

“I am. My name is Takemikazuchi, and this is my child Mikoto!” he said proudly.

“Takemikazuchi… ah, the god who lives with Tsukuyomi up in the mountains, I heard of you from Lord Susanoo. It was a shame you didn’t come to my providence.”

“Y-your providence?” Mikoto said.

“Yes, the one I made in Yamato, you know Fuyukusa? It’s run by my “Family” or well technically right now Susanoo runs it.”

“S-so you are…” said Mikoto, scared.

“Hm, I am—"

“Say Cirrus, can we find Apollo? I really want to see his condescending face turn sour when I show you off!” said Artemis.

“Hm, fine, let’s go. It was nice to talk to you all.” Cirrus gave a bow.

Artemis let go of Hestia and Loki as she went with Cirrus's locking arms.

“U-um, Ais, do you know who he is?”

“Bell… I thought you knew him?”

“I just knew his name. Where I’m from we don’t get many visitors, so information takes a while to reach it. How important is he?”

“Important is an understatement, Bell.” Said Hermes, leaning on his shoulder. “You see, he is Orario’s strongest adventurer, the level 8 adventure Cirrus Zephyr, the Uncrowned Emperor. Beloved by many and hated by many as well… more particularly from a certain desert country.”

“Hm, the smiths of the city also hold him a high and low regard as his works outshine their own several folds, and he isn’t a blacksmith primarily.” Said Hephaestus. “It’s a shame Welf didn’t stick around. I’m sure he would have been ecstatic to have met him.”

“Hephaestus, did you know he took Artemis!” shouted Hestia.

“Maybe, but that was her and his businesses.”

“What a lucky man. Every god in Olympus would kill to have even a peak on her divine body.” Said, Hermes.

“And many a god were shot down by her.” Said Hestia. “Even Zeus didn’t dare to take a peek at her.”

“Which makes him even more impressive!”

 

Walking around, they finally found Apollo.

“Ah, Artemis! I heard you arrived in Orario, so I sent an invitation!” Apollo said with a generous smile. “And it’s a pleasure to meet you Cirrus.” He said with a glare that sent shivers down his back.

“Yes, it’s nice to meet you as well, Lord Apollo. I am Lady Artemis's-- “

“He is mine Apollo, so I like it if you stop with the creepy eyes.”

“Is that so? Hmm…” he looked at Cirrus up and down. “Well, it’s a shame I couldn’t get my hands on this beautiful child of yours or should I say husband now, hahahaha!! Truly you are like a gift that keeps on giving! I concede this show and tell Artemis.”

“Hm! thank you very much! Cirrus, now that, that’s done. Let’s get--“

“Hold on a moment Artemis.”

“What is it?”

“I was hoping for you to stay awhile till the end. It isn’t always one would see you, the famed Artemis, at a social event like this.”

“… Haa… fine Cirrus, let's go and find a place to rest. These shoes are so brutal on the feet.”

"Alright. It was nice to meet you Lord Apollo." Cirrus said quickly looking away from the sun god.

"Bye-bye! Enjoy the banquet!" He said waving them off.

 

As the two went to the side of the room out on the balconies and Artemis sat on a stone bench.

“Haaa… why are heels so damn painful to wear?”

“You are not used to them yet, but I doubt you would want to come to another one of these banquets, right?”

“Of course, I only wanted to show you off! And the faces they made were a new experience! But… I rather much prefer the faces of my loved ones and the wilderness.”

“I would assume so, but there are quests outside the city so you can still enjoy the wilderness.”

“True… Can you heal my feet? They’re really aching.”

“I think I spoil you too much. When we first met, you would have walked it off.”

“There’s nothing wrong with wanting to be spoiled by the ones you love! Besides, you spoil Ai far more.”

“I’m pretty sure I spoiled you more than her last night.”

“Ah~ But I love you so much.” She said, gently caressing his cheeks. “Can you spoil me a bit more?”

“Heh… Sure. If you spoil me.”

“Fufu. Of course.” She went in and kissed him. “I love you, Zep-Zep.”

“I thought we talked about that pet name, Art.”

“It’s a very cute name!”

52