[Vol.3] Quest 224- Tournament, Part 1- Intro
1.6k 5 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the announcement put up, it quickly spread throughout Orario. Many quickly joined just for the prize money alone and just as many dropped out when they knew many of the big Familia were going to send their children.

Day of the Tournament.

“Hello!! Thank you all for coming!!” Hermes said, with a mic on the balcony overlooking the arena. “This is Orario’s first tournament! So if things are a bit bad, we apologize! And we will do better next time if this goes well!”

“Uraaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The crowd roared in cheers.

The city was still full of energy after the War Game and with Hermes’s work; he managed to divert that energy into this.

“Wonderful!!! Now before we start we placed all of our contestants' names in a lottery to make it as fair as we can in the matching! And do forgive people if they decide to back out. We do have people like the Sword Princess and Vana Freya in the tournament!”

Many nodded their heads in agreement and in murmurs.

“Now, to pick the lottery, we have the man himself! The final match of the day should ANYONE wish to fight, I bring you Cirrus Zephyr!!! The Uncrowned Emperor!!!!!!!!!!!”

Coming up from the corridor was Cirrus draped in his gear, fashioned from his time in Yamato that resembled Ai’s a bit, but with a more western look to it.

“Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The Colosseum erupted even more in cheers.

Hermes hands him the mic.

“Hello! Hello! My wonderful people! We are excited about this or what!!!”

“Urooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“That’s what I want to hear!! Now before I draw the lottery there will be an exhibition match, so let’s enjoy that and then I will draw.”

Hermes took the mic back and shouted.

“Without further ado, here comes the King of Orario, Ottar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More roaring filled the stadium as they could hear his heavy footsteps as he approaches when he leaves the shadows his muscles gleam a polished bronze in the sun like his great swords on his back.

Ottar himself didn't care for the roar of the crowd, his eyes were only focused on what is in front of him.

“And next up!” Hermes looked to the other side, as did the crowd in silence.

The person walked out with shoulder-length white hair and fox ears; her attire was similar in design to Cirrus but far more eastern. Her appearance quickly captivated everyone in the arena.

“I like to welcome everyone to the arena Ai Zephyr!!! The Flashing Saint!!!!”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many cheered on, but then they thought of her name, Zephyr. They looked to see a ring on her left finger, but they couldn’t see one on Cirrus as he was high up.

In the area, Ottar and Ai have a small chat.

“It would seem many are thinking of your name, Saint.” Said Ottar.

“That’s fine, so long as it doesn’t affect our fight!” she said proudly.

“Then shall we begin.” He said, walking back a few steps.

“Hm!”

She did as well.

“… Are both of you ready!?” Hermes shouted.

They both nodded as they got into their stances.

“Then begin!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Ai quickly kicked off the ground with blinding speed and Ottar widen his eyes as he defends against Ai’s assault.

Clang!!! Clang!! Clang!!

Clang!!! Clang!! Clang!!

Clang!!! Clang!! Clang!!

Clang!!! Clang!! Clang!!

Clang!!! Clang!! Clang!!

Clang!!! Clang!! Clang!!

Clang!!! Clang!! Clang!!

Clang!!! Clang!! Clang!!

Clang!!! Clang!! Clang!!

With such speed and power, it was a blur to many who weren’t adventurers, and even to those who were, her movements were terrifyingly fast and sharp.

 

Loki's Familia.

“Such strength…” said Ais, watching. “She was going easy on me.”

“Hm… your lucky she did with those movements and power… I don’t want to be on the receiving end of that.” Said Gareth.

“87, 56, 86.”

“Hm? Did you say something Loki?” said Tiona.

“Her sizes… To think she can move like that--Thud!!”

Riveria punched her in the head.

“Don’t be a creepy old man, Loki.”

Hestia Familia.

“Whoa… so Ai has improved so much.” Said Lili.

“I forgot you knew her.” Said Welf. “But didn’t you say she was with someone named Sora?”

“Hm, that’s what I call Cirrus. Back then, I tried to steal from him while he disguised himself as a musician and I ended up being his helper. He paid for my meals and place in Daedalus.”

“Waaah! You knew him from back then!” said Bell, amazed.

“How was he?” asked Hestia. “Was he scummy? Arrogant? A womanizer!?"

Hestia sought something to try and get Artemis to leave Cirrus.

"Lady Goddess." Bell said. "Please stop trying to find dirt on Cirrus!"

"I must! Artemis has never been with a man so she may have up and married a scum--"

"Lady Hestia!!" Lili cuts her off. "I will not let you slander the one person who took me in and gave me shelter! Sora is a really nice and knowledgeable! Most of my intelligence-gathering skills came from him as well as my knife handling! His teachings are the reason why we won the War Games and how Bell survived some encounters in the Dungeon!"

"Geh!" Hestia backed off a bit from Lili's overwhelming assurance. "F-fine! I'll leave it alone!"

“So he was the one who taught you that nasty way of fighting?” said Welf.

“It was during the Dark Era of Orario, and I was a kid, so I needed to protect myself from deprived people.” Lili said.

“I have heard from Lord Takemikazuchi that when he talked with Lord Susanoo he mentioned how bloody that time was and that it wasn’t uncommon to see murders and petty crime in broad daylight?” said Mikoto.

“Hm, it was… a very rough time for many…” Lili looked down, remembering how rough it was back then.

Freya Familia.

“She’s fast… she’s a match for Ottar’s defense… it’s a bit terrifying to see him not gain or even lose ground.” Said Allen, observing carefully.

“Her attacks are as calm as her mind.” Said Freya. “So he can’t read her movements that have been refined to an art that changes ever so slightly and drastically… it’s rather impressive.”

‘So this is what she has built up in the last 7 years… strong, very, very strong. I need to get stronger!! Far! Far stronger! So I can stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you, Ottar! Even to the depths of the Dungeon!’ Allen thought watching the match.

 

Back to the match.

Slight cuts started to appear on Ottar's body.

‘Skilled very skilled, it’s amazing how strong you are! Cirrus, how the hell were you pushing him back when you were a kid?’ Ai thought as she engaged Ottar in a flurry of combo's.

Her arms were getting numb his defense was far more refined while Cirrus preferred to dodge and strike one's weak point with ruthless aggression, Ottar was the opposite he would endure your blows until he learns your style and then waits to find the optimal time to attack.

Clang! Clang!

Swish!!

Clang! Clang!

He swung his blades more and more. He had begun to understand her movements.

‘Not yet!! He needs to—shit, he knows!’

He then began his counter.

“!!”

Ai evaded and parried his core-shaking strikes that send strong winds up to the audience. Now it has become an exchange of swords with one another.

45