[Vol.3] Quest 254.5- Next Day
1.1k 4 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day.

Freya’s home.

“Ottar…” said Freya, sitting next to Ottar.

“… My goddess.” He said softly.

“Did you enjoy yourself?” she glanced at him.

“… I did, to feel defeat once more… it makes me want to grow even more to truly be your captain.”

“Fufu… that’s good. Next time, I hope you can truly claim victory.”

“I will do my best, Lady Freya.”

“Then sleep. When you recover, you can garner strength.”

 

Loki’s home.

“Seems everyone is training as much as they can.” Said Finn. “Once Cirrus recovers in a few days, we will begin the 2nd attempt at conquering Knossos.”

“Hm, we trained them as best as we can. Ai is teaching Ais and the others how to fight against a person.” Said Gareth.

“It’s terrible they had to learn it,” said Riveria. “I had hoped they wouldn’t have to learn it for a long time.”

“Then we should make sure this is the end.” Said Finn.

 

Hestia’s home.

Huff! huff! huff!

Both Bell and Mikoto were breathing heavily as they were dueling with each other.

“They're very energetic.” Said Lili.

“That fight really invigorated them.” Said, Hestia. “Even Welf, who’s in the forge, is working more enthusiastically.”

“Guess he found an inspiration.”

“Say where is Haruhime?” Hestia looked around to not find her.

“She went to finish her training with the Artemis Familia. Seems she really wishes to be a benefit to the Familia.”

“Well, can you go there and get her before din—Knock! Knock!

A knock on the door interrupts her.

They go to see who it was to find a shady man with a hood.

“I am sorry, Lady Hestia, but I am here to deliver an invitation to Bell Cranel, the White Rabbit.”

“Invitation? To what?” Hestia asked, looking at him.

“My apologies, but it is for his eyes and knowledge only. But know that it is nowhere dangerous if you wish the Uncrown’s little helper here can be invited as a guest as well.”

“Why can’t I go instead of her?”

“No gods are allowed in; those are the policies. I must bid you adieu, there is still one more letter to give.” He handed Lili the letter before walking away. “Oh.” he quickly turned around. “Please give it to him. It is rather rude to look at another’s letter.” He turned back and left.

As he left, they closed the door and Lili walked to the courtyard when Hestia went for the letter.

“Give it here!!”

“No Hestia you will not!” Lili shouted, keeping the letter away from her.

“Come on!! I’m his goddess!!”

Lili then ran to the courtyard.

“Come back here!!” Hestia gave chase after Lili.

“Lord Bell!! Here a letter!!” she shouted, handing him the letter and Hestia arrived in the courtyard.

“A letter?” he said, grabbing it.

“Let me see Bell!” Hestia shouted.

“No!! it’s for him!! That’s what he said!”

Lili was then holding Hestia back.

As they fight, Bell opens it and reads it.

“Dear Bell Cranel.

Cirrus Zephyr recommended you to entry into The Library. A place made to harbor and collect every book in the world. You can recommend one other person, but no gods are allowed in, no matter how much they beg or demand to enter.

When coming to The Library give this letter to the man at the door and you may enter, a guest is allowed entry for the first time. I hope to see you soon.

—Sincerely, Anansi”

“…Huh?”

 

Artemis’s home.

“Mmmm….” Cirrus said, sleeping in.

“Oy! Wake up!” said Artemis.

“Mm… wat?”

“You got a delivery from Anansi.” She said, putting a chunky book down on the bed.

Cirrus opens his eyes to see a chunky book with a black cover.

“Ah… it finally came.” He said, getting up.

“You good getting up? Ai has been hogging you a lot recently.”

“Hmmm…. I’m not old enough to have hip problems but…” he could feel the soreness ache. “I think I’ve grown old enough to get sores now.”

“Well that fresh scar across your chest didn't help. So, what did you order?” Artemis sat next to him.

“It was a book on all the ancient monsters that were killed or sealed. Had to give him a few rare books from Yamato, but I at least made a copy of them.” He grabbed the book and opened it.

Cirrus flipped through the pages.

“All of that… it’s amazing how much there were.” Artemis leaned her head against Cirrus’s right shoulder. “… Say you said you got this tattoo from Kali, right?”

“I did. She said it was a way for me to gain entry back to Telskyura. It’s made from some stuff and Kali’s ichor, so no one can replicate it. Don't really use it much."

“Hmm… I really don’t like that another goddess marked you.” Artemis touches it gently.

‘Is it because of Fafnir? The mark never really stood out, but now it’s… giving off a very weak and faint divinity. Cirrus did say it was made from her Ichor so it could be that.'

“So?” he said, looking at her. “You and Ai marked me plenty with those love bites.”

“Well, we are your wives, so it’s different! Besides, that's an Ai thing. I don’t leave love bites!”

‘I guess if it’s not affecting Cirrus, it’s not concerning.’

“You sure about that?” Cirrus points to a few hickeys on his chest.

“… Their not bites now are they! If you want, I can give you some love bites now!” Artemis got closer to Cirrus.

“Maybe later tonight. Right now, I want to look through the book.”

“Aww~ Can you at read it to me?” She got on his lap, and she snuggles in.

“… I am really spoiling you and Ai.”

“You know you like it~”

“… Yeah, I do.”

39