[Vol.3] Quest 255- Unexpected Backup
1.2k 8 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days later.

“Even if we take control of Knossos, it will need someone to occupy it,” said Cirrus.

“Unfortunately, my Familia is too small.” Said, Hermes. “And both of yours are far too stretched thin to also handle the Knossos.”

They gathered at the Guild to discuss how and what to do with the Knossos.

“It’s unfortunate we can’t destroy it.” Said Finn. “Having something like that around makes me feel uncomfortable.”

“… Say Cirrus,” Hermes said, looking at him. “I have an idea. Come here.” He leaned in and one of Cirrus’s brows rose.

“… Are you sure? I mean, I know they need a place to call home, but… there?”

“What is it that you two are talking about?” asked Loki.

“Cirrus?” said Artemis.

“Lord Hermes…” said Asfi.

“Ahem… I will need to talk to someone first.” Cirrus said, getting up. “I’ll be back in a second.” He left the room.

“Hermes, what did you suggest!?” Artemis said, looking at him.

“I merely suggested having ‘Them’ take over! After all, they need a home!”

“Well…” Artemis thought about it for a while. “I am not against it. I’m going to go and get ready. Should he agree to meet me at the Colosseum?”

Artemis then took her to leave.

“What is going on?” shouted Loki.

“Just some stuff is all! If things go right, we will have even more allies to deal with Evilus and a group to take over the Knossos!” Hermes said.

 

Room of Prayer.

“So Hermes wishes for the Xeno to take the Knossos as their home?” said Ouranos.

“Yes, I am not opposed to the idea, plus it would be a good way for the Xeno to take the first step toward their goal of living on the surface.”

“Aiding the Artemis, Hermes, and Loki Familia,” said Fels. “It will show to them they do not mean harm to the surface.”

“Very well. I leave them up to you, Cirrus.”

“Thank you, Lord Ouranos.”

Walking back up, Cirrus returned to the meeting room to find Artemis gone.

“Where did she go?”

“She left to get ‘Him’. She also said to meet at the Colosseum if he approved.” Said Arfi.

“So did he?” asked Hermes.

“He did, Lady Loki. Finn, can you come with us?” he said, leaving back out. He pressed his fingers to his earring. “Art, it’s a go. I’ll meet you there.”

“Got it! I shouldn’t be too long!”

 

When they arrived at the coliseum, they found Artemis with her horse and Cirrus right next to her with Ganesha with Shakti.

“So, what’s the point of bringing us here?” Loki said, a bit annoyed.

“We are here to show you who will take up the Knossos!” Hermes said. “Artemis if you would.”

“Ready?” she said, looking at Kalion.

He nods, which both Finn and Loki found immediately concerning as Artemis undid his large necklace and it crashes onto the ground as did his anklets, revealing his true form.

“A-a Bicorn!” said Shakti.

“My name is Kalion, one of the Xeno and Lady Artemis’s steed.” He bows his head gently as he lowers himself for Artemis to get off.

“Oooh! Your speech and appearance seem far better than the Xeno I met with?” said Ganesha.

“I thank you for your compliments, Lord Ganesha. I can see why many find it easy to be enamored by you.”

“Thank you!!!” he said, posing. “I AM GANESHA!!!”

“… And why many could find you odd?”

“So… a Xeno.” Said Finn, looking at Kalion with some concern and wonder. “What exactly are you?” he said as his thumb slightly twitches.

Loki examined Kalion.

“As the name implies, we are a new form of life birthed by the Dungeon. Except we were born with our egos separate from the dungeons.”

“So… you’re an intelligent mon—“

“No.” Kalion interrupted Loki. “Calling us monsters would be the same as calling all gods selfish and arrogant. Do you call any other species under the term Demi-human category a monster? Do they not possess animal ears and tails? Would a Harpy not be able to pass for a Demi-human? They possess human proportions, as well as the Lamia and Arachne.”

“… Hmm, he has a point there,” Loki said, a bit surprised.

“So the Xeno?” Finn asked. “Do they feed like the monsters of the dungeon or…”

“We can eat anything preferred that our biology allows it. We can eat magic stones to strengthen ourselves and no need to entertain the thoughts of cannibalism should a monster meet any of the Xeno they would attack with no hesitation, so it’s a kill-or-be-killed rule much like your adventurers.”

“I see… do your kind have any goals?”

Kalion looked up at the sky.

“We have but one and that is to reach and live upon the surface, to feel the warm sun upon our skins and feel the nice cool air, to no longer live in constant fear and see all the surface's wonders.” He turned his gaze back to Finn and Loki. “For that very purpose Braver, Finn Deimne, should the Xeno enter this plan, both of us will benefit from it.”

Finn looks at him with less caution and more curiosity.

“Oh? How so?”

“In our participation in the raid, we will be gifted the Knossos as our permanent home, and in the process of helping you all it will be the first step of many to one day live on the surface, in that you would get rid of the faction known as Evilus.”

“And how do we know your kind won’t attack the surface? I doubt you or even your kind never met another adventurer?”

“Because Braver.” Kalion walked up to him and looked him in the eyes. “Much like your kind, my people are near extinction. When I was last with them, there was 35 Xeno, counting me.”

“!?”

Such a shockingly low number. It was low enough that even Finn felt an immense amount of familiarity and closeness to this Bicorn whose race was on the brink of extinction even more severely than his own people.

“… And how long ago was this?” Loki asked.

“That was now… Hmm, by now it would have been seven or so years now since I last met them and was sold.”

“S-sold?” Shakti said.

“Yes, I and another who was captured with me perished. I was lucky to have been saved by Lord Cirrus.”

“… How many of you are there now?” Finn asked.

“Hmm, from the last update I received, it was about 41 now.”

‘6 new Xeno in 7 years? That’s unbelievably harsh!’ thought Loki.

“And that is why Braver, we will fight for a place to call home; I hope you can help the rest of my kind who are down in the dungeon. As you know all too well what it is like trying to save one’s race.”

Loki looked at Finn and she could see his thumb stop shaking and a smile appeared on his face. It was as if Finn had found a long-lost family member.

“Then it seems we ride on the same boat then, Kalion, was it?”

“Yes.” He said nodding his head.

“I will meet with the rest of your people and try to get their help.”

“Thank you. Oh, and you need not hesitate to kill monsters on your way to them, as I said before monsters will attack us as well, but it would be a good idea to gift them the magic stones you gain through your descent.”

“I will also go as well,” said Cirrus. “I still need to meet with them myself.”

“Oh? you still haven’t met with them?” said Loki.

“I’ve been busy with a lot of stuff. Oh, there are a few people who are in good ties with them.”

“Who?” asked Finn.

“Well, their Familia is small, but they have been making a name for themselves recently.”

“… Fuuuuuu—“ said Loki.

 

Since Christmas is around the corner I will be putting out two chapters.

35