[Vol.3] Quest 297.2- Hymn of the White Night
889 8 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cirrus Zephyr

Lv. 8

Strength: B769→SSS1100  Endurance: B746→Z1832

Dexterity: D515→SS1099    Agility: A802→SS1005

Magic: A881→ZZZ2005     Mage: A→S

Immunity: B                           Martial Arts: E→D

Crush: E→D                           Blacksmith: F→ C

Chain Attack: H→ F             Luck: G→ D

<Skill>

[Ouranios-Asteranthos]

  • Increase speed of growth.
  • Recovers users stamina radically under the sky or stars. (Passive)
  • Pain tolerance is increased. Strength of effect is dependent on users Endurance stat. Effect increases when covered in electricity.
  • Grants the user the development abilities Strong Body, Strong Defense. Strength of effect is proportional to users level and when wearing magic armor.
  • When on the border of life and death user’s basic parameters are multiplied by users level.
  • Blessed by Nature, Sky, Stars.
  • Blessed by minor Destruction & Time.

[Lykófo̱s’s Flégomai]

  • A pact forged with the Spirit of Witchcraft, bounded through mind, body, and blood. They can now truly share one being.
  • A pact forged with the Flame God’s aspect. Bounded through mind, body, and soul with the Divine Weapon [White Night]. They can work as one.
  • Grants new creations.
  • Grants Immunity to fire and heat when [White Night] is held and active.
  • Grants user Development Ability Spirit Healing and Magic Resistance. Strength of effect is proportional to users level.

[Kataigída Sámael]

  • When in or around sand, wind, poison, cursed, or electricity all physical stats are increased. Effect stackable.
  • Increased resistance to heat, strong winds, poisons, curses, and electricity. Effect strengths depends on Endurance stat.

[Orion Elpis]

  • When playing or singing all will feel your soul.
  • Grants Shadow Storage.
  • Able to summon the versatility of The Hecatoncheires (Hecton), and The 6-Winged Black Dragon Spirit (Fafnir).
  • When engaged in battle user thoughts will be accelerated.
  • Reaction Speed has been increased while in danger or in darkness.
  • Grants user Development Ability Metal Working, Mixing, and Mystery. Strength is proportional to users level.
  • Their essence empower you.
  • Half of Elpis endows you.

‘Orion Elpis… It seems I can’t escape Orion’s fate. One-half of Elpis, huh? Heh. Then I am sure we will meet again.’

"This is a big jump. Any new development abilities?"

"Yes… Only one called Sacred."

A breeze comes by, and Cirrus takes a deep breath.

"Go with it."

Artemis said nothing and updated his status again to go up to level 9. Artemis could only watch as she looked on as his magic changed and an odd light aura covered him. He hands her another paper, and she puts in his new status.


Cirrus Zephyr

Lv. 9

Strength: I0                 Endurance: I0

Dexterity:I0                 Agility: I0

Magic:I0                       Mage: S

Immunity: B                Martial Arts: D

Crush: D                       Blacksmith: C

Chain Attack: F           Luck: D

Sacred: I

<Magic>

[Ouranios Chrysomallos] (Theïká Panoplía.)

  • Super Short Chant.
  • Enchant Type.
  • Sacred Magic.

[Kaló Synafxáno: Lykófo̱s’s Flégomai]

  • No Chant.
  • Summoning Magic.
  • Transformation/ Enhance Magic

[Astéri Dikastí̱s] (Sing)

  • Short Chant.
  • Enchant Type.
  • Sacred Magic.

"Huh? I expec—!!"

Cirrus grasped his chest; he could feel his soul and body burn up and break.

"Cirrus!!" she said, holding him.

"M-my soul!! Ahhh!! Fuck!! Fuck!! My whole body feels like it’s burning!!"

‘Cirrus!!’ shouted Circe. ‘Something is happening to me, and—!!’

"Sir!!" Hecton popped one of his heads. "I can feel my—!!" he was about to scream when he quickly returned into the shadow.

A surge went through his body. He could feel his body burn intensely one last time before a wave of coolness washed over him.

"My soul..." he stopped clenching his chest and letting out a deep, warm breath. "Ah… my body adjusted to it, but it seems it’s a sort of feedback since they are connected to me."

Artemis helps him back up.

"Are you alright?"

"I am. Circe, are you alright?"

‘No!! Fafnir is heading back! Call me back!!’

"(Circe)."

His magical circle appeared, and a young lady about 5'6 (167 cm) with red hair emerged from it.

"Circe?" Artemis and Cirrus were surprised.

"Y-yes… I’m going to sleep. Can you put me in your shadow?" Circe said weakly.

"Sure." He puts her in his shadow and waits for a bit before Fafnir comes.

Whoosh!!

Fafnir descended quickly.

"Master!! Arg!!!" She turned back to her human form. Her body was burning up, with steam coming off her and even from her dragon form. She leaped into his shadow as well.

"Cirrus, do you know what is happening to them?" asked Artemis.

"Yes, since I leveled up and got my new development ability, it seems they are also changing."

"I see... well, I can see a change in you. You have an odd vibe about you... It's near the Divine Animals and other gods in Heaven... a strange mix, but it has a certain... gravity to it."

"Heh, is that so?" Cirrus holds out his hand. "I don’t really look much different, but I do feel... no, it feels the same."

"Cirrus, do you still wish to remain here for a bit?"

Cirrus looks at her complicated face.

"I do. The joy of reaching level 9 is there, but... my mind keeps returning to Nox."

She nods her head in agreement.

"I will come to bring you dinner when it is time. Do you want me to tell the others about your level-up?"

"No, I think it’s more fun when we are back in Orario. Also, I wish to celebrate it with my loved ones first." He said with a genuine smile.

It brought up Artemis’s mood, seeing him smile again.

"Alright." She said with a blushing face, leaving the woods.

 

The day quickly passes for Cirrus as he remains where he sat. Staring into space with a thousand-yard stare. When night came, Vesta came out.

"Cirrus." Said Vesta, appearing. "Now that the contract is complete, and the night is upon us, Nox’s last message will be played."

"Played?"

"Draw out White Night. I recorded her last message to you."

Cirrus reaches into his shadow and pulls out White Night. 

"Say the chant to activate White Night.

Cirrus raises it and says,

"(Wake up, Nox)."

Its black form quickly changes to pure white under the light of the moon. The weapon glowed before Cirrus found himself back where he met her.

"What... what is going on?"

"This is the last thing Nox asked. Her final message." Vesta said, disappearing.

The light dims, and he finds himself back inside Nox’s temple.

 

Bathed in the moonlight, standing upon her tomb, Nox stood the same way when they first met.

She looked at Cirrus and smirked before sitting down on the side of her tomb.

"Hello, Cirrus."

He already missed her voice.

"I am but an echo, so we cannot talk with one another, but... just know I will always find my way back to you. My body will serve as your blade to house the power that is Vesta, so be very careful not to break it…" Her lips curl up into a burst of laughter. "Hahahaha!!! That’s a joke! Who can break something you've poured your heart and soul into!! I'm sure all of those smithing gods are going green with envy!! Hahahahah!!!!"

Her voice was calming to hear; it brought tears to his eyes.

"But… I wish to leave you with something, a last farewell before I am gone from your life for a while. As I said, I will follow you into death. It works both ways. Anyway, I’m getting off track. My last message to you is… a song. This is a rather short one I made on the spot, so listen closely and don’t judge me! Ahem!"

The world has shifted and changed, Nox was dressed in a white and gold dress.

"♫You are my sunshine,

In a world so dark and cold,

But now we're parting ways,

It feels like I’m losing my heart♫"

Nox sang him a song that will only ever be heard by Cirrus, a song that is dedicated to the one she loved the most in the world.

"♫ I'll cherish the love we had,

And keep it close in my soul,

Though we're saying goodbye,

I'll never let you go ♫"

To Cirrus, the world fell away as he listened to her song.

"♫ Every moment we shared,

Is etched in my heart forever,

I remember all the times,

We laughed and danced and sang,

But now it feels like they're so far,

With you gone, the music's gone ♫"

He doesn’t want it to end, but all good things must eventually end.

"♫ So goodbye my love,

Until we meet again,

Though we're apart,

My love for you will never end, so carry on ♫"

The pain of loss erupts, and tears stream down his cheeks.

"Hic!! Hic!! Hic!!"

"I hope you loved the song. I left one last message on the blade, etched into it."

He looked at the white blade and found that it had hieroglyphs on the spine, similar to Bell’s knife.

The hieroglyphs read: "You are the first to save me. Cloud of the west wind. My soul is not with you, so I leave my body so it can be your strength. May you find more love and prosperity. I shall meet you again in a different vessel. May your brilliance illuminate the sky for me to find you quickly. Upon my name, Candidus Nox. I love you, Alcides Kutaisi."

Cirrus smiles as tears fall on the blade.

"There is still more," Vesta said, appearing behind him. "The red cloth."

Cirrus grabs the clothes while wiping the tears from his eyes and reads them.

It read: "Fuck shit up!"

"Heh… Heh-hahahahahah!!!!" A big smile grows across his face as he grips the weapon tightly.

The weapon's handle expanded to resemble a spear. Cirrus twirled the spear around and got into a stance.

"Very well Nox."

The world falls away as the echo of Nox comes up to Cirrus and smiles.

"I’ll see you soon, my hero."

She vanishes from his sight once more, and White Night returns to its slumbering black state.

Cirrus sheds even more tears with a smile.

"Thank you for the song. Let me sing you one to repay you." Cirrus places both hands firmly on White Night. "(Sing)!!!!" White Night is covered in a terrifying amount of electricity,.

With this new change to his magic, he had more flexibility to use it along with a different color besides yellow. Almost as if he wished to be that much closer with Nox but his electricity turned white.

However, he saw fit to use a single word similar to Ais’s magic, but with even more freedom and difficulty.

CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!! CRACKLE!!!

Bronte further enhances the electricity to where the flickers of electricity set things on fire and charged the air with static, along with ringing throughout Olympia.

‘Cirrus.’ Vesta spoke to him mentally. ‘Allow me to add to your song.’

She speaks the words to him that came to be from their contract.

"(Vesta, Extermino.)"

The red gem turns blue, and a blue flame covers White Night before mixing with Cirrus' electricity. The two elements come together to form a blue geometric flame that acts like electricity.

Bwoo-ackle!!! Bwoo-ackle!!! Bwoo-ackle!!! Bwoo-ackle!!! Bwoo-ackle!!!

Cirrus' arm was encroached upon by the flame, which had reached his scar. It flows down it and engulfs his newly regained eye, turning it from silver to the same shade of blue as Vesta.

The goddess’s aspect has forged a union with the Hero of The White Night.

"Fuu~" Cirrus let out a warm breath.

‘Hmmm~♥!’ Vesta was euphoric, just like Nox and Circe before her. ‘This is nice!’ She spoke happily about this experience. ‘Now Cirrus!! Put in some for Hecton, Circe, and Fafnir! If they were awake, they would have added to your send-off!’

"That was the plan!!" He opened his stance and contorted their body. "(Wake up, Nox)!!!"

White Night awakens, and the flame sprouts brilliant stars, emitting the night sky like smoke.

"Dance once more upon the sky!!!" Cirrus swings White Night with a matchless speed and strength, cutting through the air and into the night sky in a towering spiral of geomaterial flame and stars.

Whoooooosh!!!!!!

The clouds parted ways for the crescent moon to shine down upon the land with many spectators. The fires started by Cirrus were extinguished by the force of his swing.

Booooooom!!!!!!

The sky exploded into a beautiful shade of blue, turning the dark sky into a beautiful shade of azure. Blue cinders fall like snow around Olympia.

"Ooh…" Everyone holds out their hands as a cinder of blue lands in their hands and shatters into a spark of electricity before disappearing like vapor.

His final farewell to his best friend and sister.

With pain in his voice and watery eyes, he speaks softly and lovingly, looking up at the crescent moon, hanging in the sky.

"Goodbye… Nox."

The White Night has sung her last hymn to her love, the hero she made and supported.

 

Since we made it to 800k views another chapter will come out later, thank you all for reading for so long!

39