Interlude- Month 2, December
1.2k 8 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After riding for a while, they arrive at their home. It was a slightly large cottage made of wood and stone. It was rather simple looking, but homely.

"Waah! It looks nice!" said Ai.

"Yes, very warm," Artemis said.

"It should be fully furnished. Right Hecton?"

"I did, sir." He said from one of his mouths in Cirrus' shadows.

They head inside to find it furnished.

"It’s a bit cold," Ai said. "Being pregnant has really done more to me if this cold is getting to me."

"I’ll start the fireplace. (Sing)."

A bolt of lightning shoots from his finger and ignites the wood in the fireplace.

Crack!

Bwoosh!!

"You two can warm up by the fire. I’ll go set everything up. Hecton, can you make sure if they need anything you can—"

"I am on it, sir." He said, emerging from his shadow.

 

While Cirrus put all their stuff away, Ai and Artemis sit by the fire, warming themselves up.

"Ahh… Nice and toasty." Said Artemis.

"Lady Artemis, Lady Ai, if you both wish I can make some light snacks?" Hecton asked.

"Oh, you can cook Hecton?" said Ai.

"I can. I have watched Sir Cirrus and all of you cook before."

"Then could we get some cookies and tea?"

"Very well. I’ll be back soon."

Hecton goes to the kitchen. While he left, Ai gets up.

"Oof, it’s really strange to move like this."

"I am sure we will get used to it. Are you going to explore the house?"

"I am. You wanna explore too?"

"Help me up first."

The two would explore the home a bit more.

They found it empty, but they figured they could always fill it up over time. It was a home ready to be painted and decorated with their soon-to-be larger family.

"Oh, this is the master bedroom, huh?" Ai said, walking in.

"Oh Ai, Art. Do you like the room?" Cirrus said fixing the dresser, having noticed it was a bit wobbly.

"Mmm…" Artemis lay on the bed. "It’s very nice. Are we gonna decorate the house?"

"Yeah, I figured this could be like our little vacation home with the kids. We would slowly fill it up with memories and stuff. If expeditions and paperwork don’t kill me."

"That sounds wonderful. I can see it now. Sit." Ai said as she lays down as well.

Cirrus goes and lays between them. They both get closer to him. Cirrus puts his arms around them in a cozy little snuggle.

"Mmm… We can spend days like this. Not having to worry about the Familia, or business or anything." Said Ai.

"Yes… It will be like those early days before starting the Kyuujuno Family." Artemis said.

"Peace and quiet… Fuck, I wanna retire."

"Lady Ai, Lady Artemis. The tea and cookies are ready." Hecton said by the door.

 

While Ai and Artemis went to have their snack, Cirrus got back up and resumed working.

Bwoosh!

Vesta appeared on his head.

"You know Cirrus, I noticed you always work. I even asked Hecton about this."

"Yes, I’m a workaholic. What about it?"

"Nothing. Just be careful around elevators."

"… Is it really that bad?"

"It’s worse than that. Fafnir, don’t you agree with me?"

Fafnir’s mouth appeared in the shadow of Cirrus’ wrist.

"While I have not been with you for long, master, I haven’t seen you relax for more than a day. I would refer to… your private time with your wives as relaxation, but even then you were putting in work, so to speak."

"…" Cirrus finished fixing the dresser and sits on the bed. "Huh… Hm." He looked out the window to see snow gently falling. "Fafnir, wanna have a snowball fight?"

Fafnir immediately emerged from his shadow wearing a thick winter coat.

"Let us go, master! Vesta, what say you?"

"Cirrus, if you would allow me."

"Go ahead."

"Hmm!! Bwoooosh!!" Vesta burst into a larger fire.

After the fire died down, Vesta emerged wearing a winter coat as well with a beanie and thick fur boots.

"Cirrus, I apologize if I took a bit out of your mana." Vesta slightly lowers her head in apology.

"It’s fine. With how much I have, it's barely a dent. So," Cirrus walks to the door while Fafnir and Vesta follow. "You wanna make defenses before we begin, or what?"

 

Two hours later.

Watching from the porch were Ai and Artemis.

"They sure are having fun." Said Artemis, sitting on a rocking chair covered in blankets and sipping on hot tea.

"I wish I could have joined! It’s not fair!" Ai said, also sitting down on a rocking chair covered in blankets and sipping tea.

In the front yard Cirrus, Fafnir, and Vesta engage in a fierce battle of snowballs.

"Huff!! Huff!! You damn lizard! Human!!" Vesta shouted with two snowballs in hand, ready to be thrown.

"Huff!! Huff!! Come aspect!" Fafnir gloated at her as she makes more snowballs with her hair. "Come on, master!! You're slacking a bit!"

"Huff!! Huff!! Huff!! That is because you two fucking double-teamed me! Plus Vesta, you just melt the fucking snowball before it even hits and you Fafnir fucking cheat, using your hair to take in the snow on the ground and make like infinite ammo!" Cirrus said, sweating.

"Then this will be the last shot!" Fafnir shouted as she held her arm out and her hair extended upwards. A giant snowball comes out of her hair and into her hands ready to be slammed and dunked into someone.

"Fine by me!!" Vesta puts her two snowballs together and gathered more snow.

"One last attack!!" Cirrus shouted, also gathering snow.

After 2 minutes, they all stood looking at one another intensely.

They stood ready to throw.

 

Cirrus swore he could hear the song from the final duel in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly playing.

Trumpets off in the distance.

"Glance~" Vesta looked to Cirrus, then to Fafnir.

The guitars began to slowly get strummed and increased in pace before settling down, and trumpets entered.

"Glance~" Fafnir looked to Vesta, then to Cirrus.

Once the trumpets played their moment, the guitars returned, and vice versa.

"Glance~" Cirrus looked to Fafnir, then to Vesta.

They all stare at one another as sweat began to slowly form on their foreheads as the snow trickled down.

Then the trumpets returned with a triumphal tone with low vocals supporting it.

The three of them then aimed and threw.

"Haaa!!!"

"Raah!!!"

"Chah!!!"

Then only silence remained.

 

So the schedule until Vol.4 will be two chapters, one on Friday and one on Monday. This chapter is just an early one to inform you all of the schedule.

27