[Vol.4] Quest 305- Family Days
703 10 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been a few months since Malion won and then later married Cirrus. After the short honeymoon, it was back to business as usual.

Third tower training facility.

"Haa!!"

Clack!

"You are improving Haku!" said Ai with a smile, training Hakushika.

"One more time, Mom!" Hakushika said, catching his breath. His light brown hair was drenched in sweat and dirt. His eyes are a shimmering indigo that is full of passion as he practices with his mother.

"Sure! Sure! Say, is your little sister with Dad again?"

"Yeah," he said, going over and picking up the wooden sword. "Here I come!!!" He shouted while charging at Ai.

 

Cirrus’s office.

"Scribble! Scribble!" Cirrus quickly reads and signs the paperwork.

"Mom, what’s this say?" said Callisto on her dad’s shoulder, with a thick book on his head. She turned to her mother; her white hair fluttered from the open window while her fox ears moved with them.

"This says phenomenon." Said Artemis, coming over from her desk and helping Cirrus with the work.

"Dad, when can you read me this book?"

"In 20 minutes. Why not let Mom read it for you in the meantime?" he said, pouring over his papers.

"Promise?"

"Of course." He raises his pinkie.

She wrapped her small pinkie around his.

"Now let’s go and find a nice place to read, alright?" Artemis said, picking Callisto up.

"Dad! Dad! When is Art Mom coming back?"

"Soon." Artemis responded. "Her home forest is far away."

"What was it?"

"She went to get the wood from her forest's sacred tree," Cirrus answered. "She said she would not be staying long and would be just grabbing a branch and leaving."

"A special gift for your younger sibling," Artemis said.

"Like mine!" Callisto took out her necklace and showed it off proudly around her neck.

"Yes, just like yours, my little Moonbeam!" Artemis snuggles her.

"Hehehe!" Callisto laughed as Artemis took her up to a quiet room in the tower.

 

As they are walking to the library, they come across a locked door.

"Mom, what’s behind that door?" Callisto said, pointing at it.

Artemis stops and glances at Nox's room.

"It’s a special room only Dad can go in, alright, so don’t go in, okay, sweetie?"

"Okay but it's locked?"

"I know how you are Callisto. Do not try and break in."

"I would never!"

"You broke into the cafeteria's pantry to get more cookies just three days ago."

"... What is for lunch?" She changed the topic, her eyes darted, avoiding Artemis' eyes.

"Fufu. Well we should be having Chicken Gyros."

Artemis resumes walking.

Callisto looked at the door until it was out of sight.

They went to the second tower, which was composed of the cafeteria from halfway down and the library the rest of the way up.

 

20 minutes later, Cirrus came into the library.

"Aight, I’m done!" Cirrus said entering.

Cirrus could see Callisto sitting on Artemis' lap as they read.

Callisto looked up and a shined expression filled her.

"Dad!!!" Callisto ran up to him with stars in her emerald eyes as he picked her up.

Artemis walked towards him.

"She really does like you doting on her," Artemis said, a bit saddened.

"Now, now I’m sure she loved you just as much, isn’t that right, Calli?" he said, walking towards Artemis.

"Yup!" she hugged her from Cirrus’s arms tightly.

"Aww… I love you too." She reciprocate the hug. "Shall we get Ai and Haku? It’s almost time for dinner."

"Yeah, I am sure Haku has worked up a appetite.

They go down the tower to the cafeteria.

They passed by several other Familia members. She waved to them as they walked by, and they did the same.

"Hello Lady Artemis, captain, Callisto." One said.

"Good day to you Mililia." Artemis and Cirrus said.

"Hi and bye!" Callisto waved.

When they reached the midway point of the third tower Artemis got in front of Cirrus.

"I’ll order the food. You go and get them, alright?" Artemis said.

"Got it." Cirrus and Callisto said.

"Try not to take to long." Artemis splits off from them walking down the tower.

Cirrus begins to walk towards the bridge that connects the towers at it's midway point.

"Can we take the easy way!" Callisto said on his shoulders.

"Sure, sure." He said, grabbing her and holding her tightly in his arms.

He walks a bit ahead onto the bridge it to show the daily hustle and bustle of the entertainment district.

He jumps onto the edge and then hops off.

Whoosh~!

Whoosh~!

"Weeee!!!!!!!!!!!!" she said, delighted with the air through her hair.

Whoosh~!

Whoosh~!

"Op! Your necklace almost flew away." Cirrus said, making sure the necklace stayed around her neck.

"Weeeeeeee!!!!"

She didn’t hear him, as she enjoyed the experience.

Approaching the ground, Cirrus chanted.

"(Theïká Panoplía: Aethon.)" An armor more closely resembling that of an actual eagle with brown feathers that fade off into a pinkish-blue.

The armor instantly equipped itself, and Cirrus stopped his descent with a single flap and landed without any noise.

Silence-----

His armor fades as he walks to the third tower, all the while putting Callisto back on his shoulders.

"Can we do it again!!" she said excitedly with stars in her eyes.

"Some other time."

"Puuuu…." She sulked.

 

Arriving at the training grounds, they could easily spot them as Ai’s white hair could be seen from anywhere within the area.

Callisto began to wave.

"Mom!!! Haku!!!" she shouted.

"Huh? Calli—Bonk!!" Haku got hit on the head.

"Hey, sweetie! Haku does not get distracted when in a fight." Ai said as she bent down. "That didn’t hurt too much, did it?"

"N-no!" he said, trying to hold back his tears but failing.

"Now, now." She picked him up and soothed his head. "Is that better?"

"M-maybe..." he said, sulking.

"Cheer up," Cirrus said, walking up to them. "You’ll do better next time."

"Hm." He nods.

Since Cirrus married Malion, Haku has grown to accept Malion as part of the family.

"Let’s get going to dinner!" Ai said, picking Haku up onto her shoulders. "Cirrus, is Artemis coming down the tower?"

"She is."

"Dad! Dad!" Callisto has her arms up. "I wanna be on your shoulders!"

Cirrus picks her up onto his shoulders.

"Then let’s get going before Artemis starts to get impatient." Said Ai as she began to walk away with Haku on her shoulders.

While they went back out, Callisto turned to Haku.

"I’m taller!" She gloats.

"So."

"So I’m taller than you!"

"Mom, can you bring me up!"

"Alright, stand on my shoulders."

Haku, with Ai’s help, stands on her shoulders.

"Now I’m taller!"

"Mmm!!" Callisto holds onto Cirrus’s hair and stands up. "No, I am!"

"Watch your head," Cirrus said, holding her legs.

"Watch my what—Bonk! Thud!" She smacked her head on the elevator’s entrance, falling back onto Cirrus' back. "Ahhhh!? My head!!!" she said rubbing her head while Cirrus holds her legs.

"Hahahah!!" Cirrus and Haku chuckled.

"Pffft!" Ai stopped herself from laughing.

"It’s not funny!! Dad, don’t laugh!" Callisto shouted, rubbing her head.

"It’s pretty funny," Cirrus said, getting in the elevator.

 

Later that night.

Sleeping in a shared room with her older brother, Callisto opens her eyes.

"…" She gets up and looks out the window and then at the empty glass of water by her bed. "Thirsty."

She gets out of her bed and grabs her cup of water and leaves.

She slowly and carefully makes her way down the stairs.

As she walks down to get a cup of water, she hears some clicking.

           Click! Click! Click!

She turned to see that the door to the locked room, where she had always seen it locked, was now open.

"Mm…" Curiosity got the best of her as she slowly approached the door.

The door opened slightly as if to entice her into coming in.

She entered the room slowly to find several musical instruments and books littered about. The full moon illuminated it.

"Ooh… pretty." She looked around, taking in the sights, when something bold caught her eye. "Hm?"

She walked forward towards the bed with a window to its side to find a black handle with a red cloth that had hieroglyphs. The black handle had a radiant and vibrant fire-red gem in it. Covering it was a simple bedsheet, as if someone had tucked in the weapon.

Walking up to it, she removed the cover to find a one-handed great sword with a beautiful white sheath that has stars on it and a silver lining. It was so white that the moon’s light bounced off it and filled the room even more with it.

"Geh! So bright!" She covered her eyes.

Callisto placed her hands on it, and the sheath slowly unsheathed itself from the blade. The black luster of the blade drank in the moonlight. Callisto then placed her hand on the blade, which now showed an icy-blue gem in it.

A voice grew stronger in her mind.

"■■■■" They were so faint she couldn’t make them out to anyone or anything.

She then got into a trance, and her hair glowed and her eyes shone like topaz.

Then soon, the voice resonated in her mind.

      ‘Run, quickly! The guards are coming!’

A warm yet robotic voice echoed in her head, snapping her out of the trance.

"I-I need to go!" She quickly ran away and closed the door behind her.

Bwoosh!

From the red gem, Vesta appeared out of the flame.

"Haa. At least Cirrus made those automatic locks for this room. Snap!" The locks on the door are put back, and she re-sheathes the blade and puts the blanket back over. "This is going to take a while to get you back, Nox. Maybe it will work better if her Falna was unsealed? I need to make sure it works even without her Falna being unsealed."

Rushing back up to her room, the topaz in her eye fades away, as does the white glow in her hair.

"Ah, my water." She says to herself.

 


Kyūjouno Hakushika

Lv. 1 (Sealed)

Strength: I0          Endurance: I0

Dexterity:I0         Agility: I0

Magic:I0

<Skill>

[Basiliscus Veil]

  • Growth is increased in proportion of courage.
  • When under the darkness or night sky you are harder to see and detect.

Callisto Zephyr

Lv. 1 (Sealed)

Strength: I0          Endurance: I0

Dexterity:I0         Agility: I0

Magic:I5

<Magic>

[Agrotera Vélos] (Aim, Fire)

  • Super Short chant.
  • Sacred Magic.

<Skill>

[Theïkós Tékno]

  • Growth in increased when under the sky or in darkness.
  • Blood of the Celestial.

 

So Haku's skill [Basiliscus Veil] is named primarily more after Cirrus and his own position as his oldest child, Basiliscus is adjective of the Latin word for royal which could also mean kingly, kinglike, or splendid. The veil part is from Cirrus again since Nyx's partial veil is blended into Cirrus' own soul so Hakushika has it as well.

Callisto's magic [Agrotera Vélos] is derived from Artemis, Agrotera is one of Artemis epithets that means "The Huntress". Vélos means arrow in Greek.

Now her magic [Theïkós Tékno] means Divine Child is Greek.

22