[Vol.4] Quest 320- Yamato’s Young Saint
540 6 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Cirrus goes to knock out some work that has piled up. Ai takes Calli around while Artemis takes Haku and Retsu to the school that was in the farming area.

"This place seems pretty big for a school in such a location." Said Haku.

The school was called Aki Middle School, one of four schools in Fuyukusa; the first where all children start is Fuyu Kindergarten, then Aki Middle School, followed by Haru High School, and lastly Natsu University. Of course, the university is free and optional, along with all the other schools.

"Hm," said Retsu, looking around at the surrounding farmland.

"Well, there is more here, but given that it’s winter break, I can't show you it, but know that this place is for young students to come and learn. If you follow me, I’ll show you the training ground."

They followed her to the training ground, where they found a girl with messy black hair in dirty clothing swinging two wooden swords out in the cold. Snow even lightly piled on her head, telling how long she has been out in the cold.

"Hoh, I’m surprised to see one still training here. Hey, you child! Where is your instructor?" Artemis shouted as the girl who wasn’t wearing anything to keep her warm.

The girl turned around to spot Artemis with Haku and Retsu. Her hair was so long that it covered her young face.

She slowly walked up to Artemis.

"I-I’m sorry, Lady Goddess." She said, bowing her head. "I have no instructor. I came here since they left wooden swords behind."

"Ah…" Artemis finally understands who she is. "You are an orphan, yes?"

The girl nods.

"Hmm... come with me."

She follows along as the two kids walk along with her.

Artemis opened the door to the school.

She leads them to the teacher’s lounge.

"What’s your name?" asked Retsu.

"Musashi," she said.

"Well, here you go, Musashi."

Artemis then hands her some new clothes and better shoes.

"Whoa… Are these mine?" Musashi asked.

"They are. Put them on."

Musashi began to get warmer from the new clothes and layers she put on.

"So, Musashi, are you hungry?"

"Y-yes!" Her eyes widen with joy.

She then took her to the cafeteria and made her a quick meal.

Nom! Nom! Nom!

Musashi stuffed her face in the food.

‘Waah, she’s really eating.’ Thought Haku and Retsu.

"Is it good? There wasn’t enough food left, but I hope it’s good enough." Said Artemis, watching her eat.

"Hm! Hm! it’s good! At the orphanage, all the other older kids eat before me."

"Is that true? That shouldn’t be a problem. Who runs the orphanage?"

"Lady Tsukuyomi."

"Musashi!!" 

Like speaking of the devil, she appeared. Lady Tsukuyomi was wearing a fairly well-kept dirty blue kimono, with her blue hair kept in a ponytail. Her divinity was a pale, soothing radiance.

"I was looking for you everywhere!" she said, walking up to her. "I apologize if she caused any trouble—"

"Not at all. I was the one to give her the clothes and food. Can I ask how the orphanage came to that point? We built systems to make sure it fed everyone."

"M-my apologies, but who are you? I know you are a goddess, but..."

"Oh, my sorry, my name is Artemis."

"!!" Tsukuyomi's eyes widen. "T-the ruling goddess of Fuyukusa! I’m deeply sorry for not knowing you, but I have only heard of your name, and I just moved here 3 years ago after you had left."

"That is fine. Even so, what is the orphanage’s situation? Children like Musashi shouldn’t be starving and wearing rags."

"Well, I took over the orphanage after the last director left to retire, and I wasn’t so good with so much paperwork in ages since Ammy kicked me out of the capital hundreds of years ago."

"Hmm… You three come along. We're going to fix this."

 

They followed Artemis as she went into the city, and she walks into the Emerald Pavilion. The look on her face made everyone get out of her way.

Tsukuyomi was nervous as she followed Artemis while Haku, Retsu, and Musashi follow along in amazement.

Artemis arrives at the top floor and opened the door, there with four assistants at the side, and at the end of the room with the biggest desk hidden by a mountain of paperwork was Cirrus.

Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~! Scribble~!

The sounds of scribbling filled the room as the sounds of paper being flipped interrupted the scribbling.

Artemis kept walking towards Cirrus.

"Cirrus." She said, walking to the side. "We have a problem."

"What is it?" he said while reading and signing papers.

"Tsukuyomi took over the orphanage three years ago and the children are starving."

Scrib—Clack!

Everyone working stopped and looked at Tsukuyomi. Cirrus stopped working and got up. Even with his height, the paperwork still hid him. He walked to the side to see the goddess.

"Is that true? That shouldn’t be a thing. Asayo, Isako, Einosuke, Keisuke."

The 4 assistants stood up, 2 were male and the others female.

"Why is the orphanage not having enough food? Or even money? A goddess like her shouldn’t be wearing stuff below her status."

"Sir!" said Isako. "Something must have slipped through the cracks of this paperwork; I suggest finding more talent to help."

"I agree with Miss Isako." Said Einosuke. "Since your departure, there have been people trying to take advantage of our city. Lord Susanoo was also too busy managing other stuff that it eventually fell through."

"And since we didn’t know who would try and take more advantage, we didn’t hire anyone new." Said Asayo.

"I see… very well, I assume you Keisuke have a list of prospects?"

"I do sir, we can begin the hiring and training as quickly as we can."

"Then begin it. Thank you for bringing this up, Art. I will be getting home a bit late."

"I’m sorry for piling up more work," Artemis said slightly glumly.

"It’s fine, Lady Tsukuyomi." He looked to the goddess. "Everything should be settled soon, but if things haven’t changed, please talk to me, Lord Susanoo, or even Artemis again. I won’t abide by and let this happen. Asayo, Isako, Einosuke. Tell everyone in the building of this issue, I want whoever let a child fucking starve before me, groveling for mercy." His words were laced with anger.

"Yes, sir!!!" The three assistants shouted as they left.

"I will start the hiring, sir," Keisuke said, leaving as well.

"… So Dad, is this the business I am going to inherit?" Haku said.

"If you want, there is still plenty of time before you are 18, so you know, no worries." Cirrus walked back to his desk and resumed working.

"Come along kids." Artemis said. "I'll send Ai to get you some food later."

"Hm." Cirrus waves as they leave.

They then left the office and as they made it to the ground floor, they found everyone scrambling around, working even harder.

"I’m sorry, kids, but I couldn’t let this keep going." Artemis apologized to Haku and Retsu.

"It’s fine Mom."

"Hm, there is nothing wrong with that." Retsu nodded. "Lord Kyūjouno is very quick to act." Retsu looked around. "The people are also very hardworking to match their lord."

"Lord Kyūjouno is rather scary when he’s mad," Musashi said.

"T-thank you, Lady Artemis!" Tsukuyomi bowed profusely.

"You don’t have to be so polite!" Artemis waved her off. "Just call me Artemis."

"O-okay!"

"So, should we get back to the school tour? Musashi, would you like to join?"

"Lady Tsukuyomi?" Musashi looked at her goddess.

"Of course! Oh um, do you think you can help me with the paperwork to have some of the kids from the orphanage to get into school?"

"Of course! I’ll help step by step!"

 

School grounds.

"She has potential Tsukuyomi," Artemis said, sitting next to her.

"Yes… Musashi has a great talent with the sword." Tsukuyomi has a handful of applications.

They look at Haku, Retsu, and Musashi fighting one another in the snow.

"I am sure she would fit right in."

"R-really!" she said excitedly.

"Of course! She could even one day make a name for herself should she ever come to Orario. Maybe something like the Sword Saint?"

"I-isn’t that a bit much!?" she said, flustered.

"Not at all." She points to the kids, and Musashi is beating Haku and Retsu easily. "I think when she comes of age, she would give Ai a good match."

"The Red Crown! Truly!"

"Yup, the way she swings her swords around tells me she has the potential."

21