Prologue : What A Cold Air….
647 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Haa— classes are a hassle…. But, I still have to attend and not just attend, I need to have at least average or above average grades. Not because I want to, but I need to. Now that I am living alone due to that, I can't let it just slip away.

Living alone nowadays as a teenager is pretty much the best thing I could ever have. For one, I have everything all to myself. I can be free, do anything I want, and moreover— no one will judge me for how I live! Not like I live like a N.E.E.T. anyway.

I am Akira Ryouko, 16 and gonna be entering my first day of my first year in high school at Hinatsuru High. Again, I am living alone and here I am, lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling with my sleep deprived eyes.

Why do I have such sleep deprived eyes you ask? I don't really play too many games or watch anime all night like N.E.E.T.s here and there, I am sleep deprived because of the fact that the first day of my First Year High School is today. For that reason, I fell asleep a few hours later than I usually do.

Just a few months ago, I just lived in Shinjuku for 16 straight years, and I recently moved to Shibuya since this is where I, or rather, me and my parents found a decent apartment with a good distance from the school, convenience store, and the supermarket. So I'd say this apartment is a win for me.

“Well then—” I began to stand up and tidied my bed up before leaving my room.

“Let's see, let's see~” looking at my fridge, I tried to find anything that can be cooked up pretty quickly for my breakfast and lunch for later.

After all, I'm living alone so I have to at least be able to cook for myself, and also be able to keep my place clean, which I do. As average as I look, I really don't like seeing so much stuff everywhere. Well, you can just say I'm a clean freak.

Even so, my apartment room isn't that big so it's not that difficult to keep it clean. Wait, does mine count as "not too big" even? I have a kitchen, a dining room, a living room, a decently large bathroom (and a bathtub), and of course, my bedroom. Now that I think about it, it's not really small is it…. Well, let's leave it at that.

“I'm off— oh wait, I'm living alone now.” I left the house and placed my knuckle on my forehead, making a ‘teehee’ face as I locked the door.

Well then— Hinatsuru High… I hope I can be friends with someone….

“Good morning! Welcome to Hinatsuru High!”

As I was just passing through the school gates, I, or rather, all the students along with me who just got here were greeted by loud, firm, and powerful voices from a few people standing beside the gate. Most probably the members of the Student Council committee.

I continued to walk towards the school to where I found myself entering the Gymnasium, lined with a ton of chairs, with the Opening Ceremony about to start. Apparently, there's no order or arrangement that had to be followed, so I just sat down on one in the center. Don't really care about who I will sit with, besides, it's just the first day, what could go wrong?

“Ahem—” a loud voice that came from up-front immediately silenced all the murmurs around, and gathered their attention to the person, the woman, standing in front.

“Good. Welcome! To Hinatsuru High! I am the School Chairman—...” the woman who claimed to be the School's chairman continued speaking through the microphone. 

I didn't really care much since it's pretty much the same through everything, so I didn't bother listening. Although, one thing at least gathered my attention, or rather, thr attention of all. Different from the time when the chairman raised her voice to silence them.

“...well then— this year's representative for you, first years— Class 1-C, Fuyuko Furushira!”

“Yes!” a girl from the crowd stood up as she heard the name, and it appears that she is the Fuyuko Furushira the chairman mentioned.

But… one caught my attention wasn't her…. I mean, she is beautiful, and I think that's a fact. Of all the girls I've seen, she's probably standing atop them all, that's how beautiful she is. Or rather, is she even Japanese? She's literally so white?! I mean, her skin is so white that you can't expect her to be Japanese…. And her silver hair…. 

She is beautiful, but… one thing is off about her… the atmosphere she emits… it's not that of a beautiful, cheerful or friendly kind of a girl… it's almost… grim. It's quite scary, and I feel some uneasiness…. I don't like this feeling….

But not only that, my thoughts of her are one, but when people actually talked about her, it pretty much fits what I said.

“Her again? Thank God I'm not in her class….”


“That said, even if you're not in her class, she pretty much targets anyone.”


“Haa— this will be another tough year…”

The murmurs were quiet but I could hear them. Wait… 1-C?! Oh no… we're in the same class…. But still, what cold air she emits. 

With all that's said and done, I didn't really care about her speech or anything, I once again dozed off, staring into nothingness of anywhere, waiting for the Opening Ceremony to be over. Until it did, as I was already given my room, Class 1-C, I headed towards whatever that was. 

And annoyingly as it is, the highest classes from each year of over 15 or so different classes for the year level, those higher classes are placed on the top. So that's literally 4 floors to climb.

Let's see, that's 1-D… there! I finally reached the doorstep of the classroom after a long while of exhausting climbing. I stared at the plate above the door showing a large 1-C, and entered the classroom.

Since it's also my first year here, I don't know where I would sit. Usually on my middle school where we could literally just sit wherever we want on the first day, I would just go to the most conspicuous place. But now, I saw a paper taped on the desk, to which I immediately went to, and stared at it.

“Uwaah— what a clichéd place…” I immediately noticed my name on the paper, the name of where I was supposed to sit.

As I said, it was cliched, for it is literally the back most part of the classroom beside the window. I mean, what am I? A main character or something?! Anyways—

Well then, a few minutes or so before homeroom starts, what shall I do? I thought to myself as I wandered off in my mind, staring at the distance of the window beside me, until I heard a loud bang on my table.

“Bang” I saw a hand on it after slamming my table, turned to look at who's hand was it and….

“Urk—” I let out a weird gulp as I looked at her with a sour face. The girl standing ahead of me with her hand on my table is none other than our representative— Fuyuko Furushira.

"You'll do enough!" she exclaimed to me as she mischievously smiled.

Eh? Enough? What did she mean?

17