Chapter 4 : Don’t Mind Her…
354 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The Princess ain't with you?”

A few, or rather, 2 weeks after the start of the classes, and the start of my everyday tool life, a boy approached me and asked me about my loathed enemy. Well, other than her, I don't see anyone else hostile, so it's fine talking to him, I guess….

“Well, it seems that she's eating with some friends or something.” 

Wait, does she even have one to begin with? I haven't seen her once interact with someone else other than using me.

“Is that so? Then, you definitely feel at ease, don't you?” the boy sat down on the chair in front of me and smirked.

“Well, if you were in my shoes, then you'd know how I feel, but to a typical observer, it should still be the same, probably…. Anyways, you are?” I just kept talking my mouth off and forgot to even know who he is. 

Wait, this guy seems rather familiar. But at the same time, was he really in this class? It's been 2 weeks but why didn't I feel him or even know him.

“That's rude!” he pouted.

Eh? Rude? What does this guy mean? I don't even know who he is, and asking his name was rude of me?!

“So much for being your classmate for 2 years at middle school, Akiryou-kun.” the boy whispered that rather weird combination of my name.

Wait… Akiryou?! Of all people I've interacted with in the past 16 years of my life, there was only one person who has called me that. Combining both my names, Akira and Ryouko that comes out to Akiryou… and the only person who'd say that is….

“Leo?!” I exclaimed

“Yo, Akiryou-kun.”

Leo, Tsuyoshi Leo. My Middle School classmate for 2 years, and one of my few friends, as sadly as that sounds. I don't really interact much, but he approached me and well… we became friends, I guess.

“Why are you here?” I asked him an obvious question. After all, I certainly did not expect anyone from my middle school to still be my classmate. 

“Well… I'm just… following my sister. You already know why, don't you?”

“To help everyone… was it?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, I envy you for already having your dream set. Yet here I am, still sitting around in the corner, waiting for something to happen.”

“Hahaha— you never change do you? Or are you actually fated to sit there. This is the 3rd year we'll be together and you're still sitting next to the window. What are you, a fated main character? Hahaha—” Leo started bursting in laughter as he said so.

Well, he does have a point though. But not only 3 years, I've been next to the window. Is it a coincidence, fate, or luck? Well, whatever. Not like it matters anyways.

“Hey, Ryou-kun.” a sweet voice came from the side.

Ah. The same sweet voice that irritates me day by day. The same voice that terrorizes my daily life. But then again, today will probably be different. After all, there is just one thing about him that reassures me, or rather, strengthens me and probably everyone he's been with as well. After all, his name says it all already.

Tsuyoshi, meaning a strong will…. But rather than just him having it, his charisma and enthusiasm and his strong will to connect with people also somehow gives them strength. Yes, it sounds stupid, but when Furushira-san called me, I didn't feel anything. Any irritation, anger or anything.

“Hey—” the voice was closer, and I saw a hand, a girl's ever so white, delicate hands slammed my desk.

“The Princess is calling you, Akiryou-kun.” Leo took a quick peek at her and he then told me as well, “What will you do?”

What else am I gonna do? It's been a while since I've seen one of my few friends, I'd rather talk to him rather than doing what she wants.

“Don't mind her. Actually, don't call me that anymore. It feels weird.”

“Haha— is that so? Then, Akira or Ryouko. What do you want?”

“Either Akira or Ryouko is fine. But not Rako. I know you're planning on calling me that.”

“I wasn't! Is what I'd like to say. But as always, you already knew what I thought of!” he exclaimed.

He wasn't entirely wrong. We did have some times where I stopped him from doing something weird which was just a speculation of mine. I didn't expect him to actually plan to do that though. So basically this is just one of those times. 

“Don't mind me? Hey—” the girl beside us exclaimed with a cutely annoyed voice. But right now, I don't have time to be with her. Besides, I have a strong ally right now.

“That's that, uhm….” Leo stood up and faced her. I couldn't exactly see his nor her face so I don't know their reactions. But based on their voices, I'm sure he'll be able to get her off, but still, a long pause? Do you seriously not know the probable most popular student in this School?! 

“Furushira Fuyuko-chan. I'm talking with Akira-kun right now, so maybe you can leave us be for a while?”

Leo with his ever so kind voice told her and got her off me for a bit. But I know Leo of all people won't just protect me forever. In fact, I think he just flipped a switch between us… it's like… he made her so that she's gonna be more aggressive now. After all, when he sat back down, he was devilishly grinning….

“Don't mind her.” he says?!

That's the first time someone ever threw me off! God, this infuriates me! And this guy beside him… is he the reason?!

“Furushira Fuyuko-chan. I'm talking with Akira-kun right now, so maybe you can leave us be for a while?” his voice was so kind, but he knew that Ryouko couldn't see him, or probably the two of us, so as kind as his voice was, his expression was the polar opposite of that. He was smirking devilishly, and after saying it, he winked at me. 

Does he not care about his friend or something that he just doesn't care about what I do with him? Well, I don't really like this guy anyways, I doubt I'll be able to take advantage of him. But for now… I'll do as he says and back off for a while.

“Furushira Fuyuko-chan. I'm talking with Akira-kun right now, so maybe you can leave us be for a while?” I said it as kindly as I could ever say it, kinder than what Akira usually hears.

But on the other side of my kind voice is my expression. Yes, my voice was kind, but my expression is the opposite of that. I never intended on going on their path. If they want to take each other down, let them be my guest.

But I'm sure she's thinking if I don't care about him or something. But it's not that. I care for him so much that I'm letting her use him as she wants to. After all… Akira, ever since he's with her… seems even stronger. That's why I'm sure… the two of them won't be compatible, but their bond will surely be unbreakable. The next thing is just a matter of time or when will their bond that strong enough will form. Weeks? Months? Years? Well, I'll gladly witness these two toy each other around, waiting to see who falls first.

10