Chapter 18 : Cultural Festival (Part 2)!
162 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days, or rather, 2 days have passed since the start of our plans. Some of the materials have already arrived, mostly the costumes that some of our classmates provided. 

And whenever we work on this, we usually wear an armband, showing that we're part of the committee. And since we're part of the committee, we also attend meetings with the student council members. Although, as I am literally just her assistant, she pretty much does all the talking.

And crossdressing isn't really the end of it as we all have agreed. This will be a café filled with maids and butlers, that are crossdressing that is.

But seriously… looking at it now… this maid costume… am I seriously gonna wear this…?

“Are you regretting it now?” Furushira-san smirked at me.

“W-Well… it's only for a day…”

It's really only for a day. Actually, it won't even be fully a day. So crossdressing on that time frame won't be that big of a deal, right?

“Oh, and the costumes of our dear committee members are special, you know?” Kurobara-san said to us, carrying a box and left us immediately.

Basically, the person that provided the costumes was the most enthusiastic about this idea than any of us. Kurobara Aya-san. But… special, is it…. That just terrifies me even more now… I wonder what she'll make us wear….

Well, no need to ponder about that now, for now, focusing on what's happening now comes first.

Of course, a Café should have a variety of food. But since were still students, and time will be limited for those who enter, we only chose some that are easy to make, and won't take much time.

“What about crêpes?” a girl suggested.

Well, a crêpe isn't that hard to make, so I guess it's fine? But then again, I'm just her assistant. I glanced at Furushira-san beside me, with her fingers on her chin, thinking about it.

“Yeah, it's fine…”

Hmm? What's this? She seems… off…. Is there something wrong about her? She's acting quite sluggishly right now… whatever, I may be thinking about this too much.

Oh, wait, there's one food that is great for such cafés.

“Uhm, what about a—” I reached out to them, which made their attention gathered at me, but I paused.

“What's wrong, Ryou-kun? Continue.” Furushira-san said, but…

This isn't really that easy, right….

“Actually, I don't think it'll be easy…”

“Why? What is it?”

“An omurice… and as part of service, we'd write something on the egg, but…”

“Making a picture perfect omurice isn't that easy, nor will be writing 'love' or drawing a heart or something.”

“Actually, that may be a good thing… wait no, we're crossdressing…” Leo tried to suggest something, but the same as I am, we got shot down by our own ideas.

Leo has undoubtedly an exceptional cooking skill, that's why he was able to say it's a good thing. He can pretty much make a beautiful omurice. Although, I myself know how to cook, so omurice isn't that impossible for me.

“I'm not exactly sure what's on Leo-kun's mind, but it may be that it's a good thing so that our café's staff will vary, or something like that.” Kurobara-san sat down near the circle thinking of the menu, and presented her own idea, which most likely is the same as Leo's.

“That's exactly what I had in mind…”

“Eh, seriously?!”

“Yeah… anyway, what I thought is, as Kurobara-san said, the staff will vary. By that, I thought that a clumsy one wouldn't be a bad thing. But…” Leo placed his fingers on his chin and thinked as hardly as he could.

“Ah—” looks like he got an idea.

“We can go with it! It'll certainly be weird imagining a boy dressed as a maid saying ‘Moe Moe Kyun~’, but we can just do it in our own styles? Is what I thought.”

That really isn't a bad idea. But… now that I think of it… if that were to be accepted, would I have to do a ‘Moe Moe Kyun~’?!

“Hmm… what do you think, Ryou-kun?”

Eh? Me?! Let's see…. Whatever… this isn't that bad of an idea as well anyway. Besides… seing her do something like that might be interesting….

“Well, I guess it's fine? I think Leo and I could do the omurice, and we'll just look for 2 other to switch shifts with, or more for the better. And the remaining maids and butlers could start practicing on how they plan to service.”

“I see. Then, omurice and crêpes. What else?”

“Ah— drinks!”

“Ah, right. What kind of drinks though? And does anyone know how to make drinks?”

“I make simple coffees… so I guess no. Leo?”

“I mostly drink simple stuff, so I guess no? But then again, Akiryou and I will most likely be able to learn how to make it quickly. So we just have to find someone who knows how to.” Leo suggested.

Well, I'm sure I'll be able to learn how to do it, but not perfectly, if it has strict measurements or something. But for Leo… let's just say he's a prodigy. That should be enough.

Although… it seems that that someone who knows how to make drinks is already here…. Looking at a single girl in this group, she seems pretty happy about it.

“Then, can I do it?”

“Really? You know how to, Rin-san?”

She is Sakurai Rin-san, if I remember correctly. The girl, undoubtedly a beauty, but as much as I don't like to admit it, she's far more beautiful. Along with that, her decently short height, actually, she's shorter than Furushira-san, and I may not have mentioned it, but Leo in itself is pretty short, I guess around 1 and a half heads shorter than Furushira-san. Along with that, her childish physique, where you can pretty much say she's on another level of a certain feature than Furushira-san. Furushira-san, as much as I don't like saying it, is really, really, really beautiful. But Sakurai-san is really, really cute. And of course, her vibrant, but short pink hair and pink features is quite cute, surely encompassing her name. 

“Yeah!” she exclaimed.

“So 2 foods and supposedly a good variety of drinks. Should we add more?”

“Yeah, but what do we add, that's the question…”

“Pancakes?” Furushira-san suggested her first ever thought, does she have not a good taste or good thought in foods?

“Well, that isn't that hard. So it's fine? Then what about a waffle? I think I have a waffle maker at home.”

“Is that so? Then it's fine then. Should 4 be enough? Or should we add another one?”

“Takoyaki?” one boy from the side suggested

“Does anyone have a grill though?” and Furushira-san asked the obvious question, but… I think takoyaki is safe.

“Yeah, I do have one.”

“Oh? Then, Crêpes, Waffles, Pancakes, Omurice and Takoyaki. Along with a various kinds of drinks. Rin-san, do you have an idea of what you'll make?”

“Yeah. Leo-san, Ryouko-san, do you think you can do a Cappuccino, Espresso, a Frappe, and a few kinds of tea?”

“If it isn't that complicated, then it's fine.”

“Okay for me!”

“Then, it's settled. Ryou-kun and I will buy the ingredients we don't have, and probably some materials as well.”

Of course I'd be needed. Not like I mind though. She'll surely need manpower to carry such a huge amount.

And so, the two of us walked around the room, with a checklist on Furushira-san's hand, looking at the various groups working on different things. Some modify and check the costumes, which seems good to me, and it seems so to her as well, as I saw her fingers move, as if adding a check on the list.

Along with those groups are the props group. Which mainly focuses on designing our classroom, consisted of some of our greatest artists in the class, which some are part of the Art Club as well.

“Are you guys okay? Is there anything you'll need? Shortage of materials or something?”

“Ah, Furushira-san. Actually, yes, we do.”

Then, the two of them talked for a while, most likely about the materials they'll need. But it seems that prop materials isn't the only problem, as one girl from the costumes team came, more specifically Kurobara-san.

“Fuyuko-chan~!” she exclaimed, running towards Furushira-san.

“Eh? What's wrong, Aya-san?” 

“The costume, your costume, we're short on it… more specifically, none fit for you or fits greatly.”

As Kurobara-san said earlier, her costume is supposed to be special, so a white shirt and a vest like the others won't do… it really is a problem…. Actually, if she's not a problem, then I already have my own special costume?! This is quite frightening now….

“W-Well, we still have almost a week, so we'll just have to try something until the day comes?” Furushira-san replied immediately.

That's most of it done. And it's already getting pretty late., so I guess that's that. I glanced at Furushira-san once again.

“Well, I guess that's that.” she said lethargically.

“What's wrong? We can move the shopping tomorrow since it's Saturday if you're tired.”

“Yeah, let's do that.”

Well, I don't blame her for being tired, she's been pretty much doing everything herself.

“You really shouldn't be doing everything yourself…”

“Well, I can't expect something good to happen from just a servant.”

Wha—?! Seriously?! And yes, she's still like this from time to time despite the truce. Old habits kick in, I guess?

“Whatever. I'm going home now, what about you?” I don't really care about the idea of us going home together now, but that's not really the case today, because… I want to talk to her about something.

“Ah, I'm going home as well. Can you fetch me my bag?”

“What am I, your dog?!”

Whatever, I was about to take mine as well.

“Here.” I handed her her bag as I carried mine on my arm. But when I tried to hand it over to her, she frowned at me.

“Haa— alright. You've been doing everything yourself, so I'll atleast do this much.”

“Good. Although, I wouldn't ask you to change my shoes though.”

“As if I wanted that!”

“Oh, you don't? I surely thought you're that type of person. Although if you were, I wouldn't let you lick my feet, it's disgusting actually.”

“What the hell are you even thinking about?! Whatever, let's just go.”

She's always like this, as if she'll never change. But for me… I seem to be getting used to it though. But still, unlime her, I follow my own words. If I accept the truce with her until the end of the Cultural Festival, then I will lay low until it ends. Right after that, I will surely be more aggressive.

And a few minutes later, we are walking on the usual street, just a few more minutes until her house. So, I reached out to her on what I wanted to talk about. Although, not really talk, but an action. But… I will pretty much look like a pervert here…. Anyways…

“Hey, Furushira-san.”

“What is it? And please don't suddenly confess.”

“Eh? Why would I though?!”

Confess?! Where did she get that thought?! Oh wait… the mood right now.

“I mean, the two of us walking together in such a beautiful sunset would create a mood for a confession, am I right?”

“Well, you certainly are, but I will never confess to you, you know?! I won't even fall for you, why did you suddenly ask that.”

“Point taken. So, what is it?”

“Haa—” I sighed in exasperation, “... you can punch me all you want later, but first…” I reached out my hand to her wrist, and wrapped my hands on it, measuring it.

“What are you doing?!” she exclaimed

“Hmm… it's actually fine….”

“Eh? What is?”

“Sorry, can you drop by my house first? Actually, can we go to my house first? I want to give you something. I promise you, it'll decrease your workload.”

It wasn't a lie, this was already one of the problems she encountered earlier.

“A-Alright…?”

And so, the two of us dropped by at my house first, and left her at the living room, sitting on the sofa in confusion.

“Here.” I handed her a bag.

“This is?”

“A suit. An old one that I wore 2 years ago on my sister's wedding. We pretty much had the same height from me back then.”

“Eh? Are you seriously expecting me to wear this?”

Oh, right… I forgot to ask the most important question…. If that she's fine with wearing a suit of mine…. How stupid of me….

“Just kidding. Sure, can I try it on?”

“Eh?” I stared at her dumbfoundedly

“Why do you look so surprised? You went ahead and thought of this, and this will surely decrease my workload, so I'm fine with it.”

“R-Really?” that was unexpected… “Then, sure… there should be the pants there as well.”

“Alright. Then, can you go upstairs back to your room, please?”

“R-Right… sure….” and so, as she instructed, I went upstairs, closing the door and waiting for her to change.

Change….

Furushira-san… changing… in my house….

Wait! Cleanse your thoughts! She's your rival or enemy of sorts! Stop thinking of things like that! 

I slapped my face with both my hands, which was already bright red not from the slap, but from the embarrassment. But that immediately got cleared, as I heard knocking from my door.

There were only two of us in the house, so surely it's just Furushira-san, but why…?

“Furushira-san? What's wrong?”

“...”

She didn't reply. What is it? I'm not sure if I should open it, but she knocked once again. If she has a problem, why isn't she saying anything? Ahh— whatever, here goes nothing—! I opened the door, and the sight before me was something I didn't expect to see once in my life.

“Is there anything wrong, my lord? I heard a loud noise just now.” she said, surely an clearly with still her girl's voice. But there was no hint of irritation, hate, despise, nor even coldness in it, just like what she usually uses.

The person in front of me, Furushira-san puzzled, tilting her head slightly sideways in an angle, with the suit I gave her.

But still… that caught me off guard… the way she called me…. Good thing I know enough anime and stuff to not misunderstand it 

[Note : Furushira here addressed him as “danna-sama” which is usually interpreted as “husband” but is still used to call a master, or in service of nobility.]

But this one, and the way she talked, it was a more respecting and dignified one. Surely like that of a butler….

“F-Furushira-san?” I broke into confusion and went ahead and asked stated her name.

“What's wrong, my lord? Your face is red, they don't seem to be from that loud noise just now. If I may ask, did you slap yourself? If so, why did you suddenly do so, my lord? Hmm, you also don't seem to have a fever.” she placed her hand on my forehead as she spoke so dignifiedly.

Although, if she's like this, acting like my butler, then that means…. 

“Ah, it's fine. Thank you for your concern.”

“Is that so? Then, if you say so, my lord.” she stepped back and lowered her head, perfectly bowing straightly.

… I am now the master….

Which sounds suggesting. But trust me, I won't ever try to do anything to her. Not like she'd want to anyway. No, not like I'd want to anyway. The only thing I would want her to do is…

“Well then, I'm getting thirsty.” I gave her a sidelong glance, still bowing her head, but in a quick glimpse of it, I saw the edges of her eyes twitch right before she straightened herself back up.

“Coming immediately.” now, her voice surely contained some irritation, but she still talked like how a butler would.

The two of us went downstairs with her behind me.

Then, I sat down the sofa, and waited for a few seconds. I heard her footsteps and she immediately called out.

“Here you go, my lord.”

This is… a cup, right? And not just any cup with water. Actually, in the first place, it doesn't even have any water in it!

“Uhm, there is no water here…?”

“Oh? I'm deeply sorry, my lord. What a blunder!” she says she's sorry, but her face, grinning doesn't seem to be the case!

“Whatever. How is it?” I immediately changed the topic, since I surely won't even be experiencing the Master-Servant myself.

“Well, I guess it's fine. Actually, it's a perfect fit it's almost weird.” she sat down next to me (right after I moved literally to the other side of the sofa), and returned to the usual way of how she talks.

“Thought so, well, I knew that it wouldn't be a problem from how you are.” I didn't directly say it, that it should be fine since her chest isnt that big, for two reasons. One is that I will become a pervert for her. And the other is a flying punch—?!?!!

Ouch?!

“...” 

The punch itself wasn't that strong, so it didn't hurt much, the surprise attack did though. But I looked at her while placing my hand on the place she hit, specifically on my cheek, and stared at her, with her fist tightly clenched and a smile on her face.

“What was that, my lord?” she said it with her usual voice, the usual, frightening, sweet voice that she use whenever she orders me around. And with that smile, I reached a conclusion and a decision.

Yeah. I'll never talk about her chest directly or even directly once again.

“Whatever, I'm going home. I'm changing in the bathroom first, where is it?!” her voice sounded so irritated, but I just went ahead and pointed to her the directions to my bathroom.

“The suit is weirdly a perfect fit, so that leaves us only one problem.” Furushira-san said as she stood outside my doorsteps.

“Yeah. I guess I'll see you tomorrow?”

“Yeah, for the materials, we'd have to go somewhere else, there isn't one nearby that provides good ones, so let's meet at the station tomorrow?”

“Mm…”

“Okay, then let's meet at 11. Be late and I'll kill you.”

“Alright, alright.” she waved her hands as I gave her a wry smile.

Yeah, that won't happen ever again, huh. After all, it was too much for both of us. It's just a simple phrase, but that ‘I'll see you tomorrow’ was too much….

But still… tomorrow huh…. I'm going shopping, with a girl…

Wait…

With a girl?!

So isn't this basically, a d-d-d-d-date?!

No, it can't be. The master and her servant is just going on a shopping trip, it won't be that weird, right?

1