Chapter 22 : Is That My Loss…?
157 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So… since I feel for her… does that count as losing?

It doesn't, right? I mean, I just fell in love with her, not fall for her will. There's a difference, right? 

Yeah, it doesn't.

She still doesn't know my feelings, so… I'll hold it off… and hold the thought of the loss… until I confess to her, that's when I know… that I'll take my loss… and finally tell her what I feel.

Well, it's almost time for the exams, and of course, a few days had already passed since my realization.

I haven't done anything yet. In fact, I don't know what to do yet. But I did say I'd change from taking revenge to making her cute and adorable, so… I'll start with that thought, I guess…? Making her embarsssed should be one of them.

So… one day, I approached her right before classes starts. Naturally, I gave her the carton of milk she so much likes. Usually, I'd just place it on her table, well, since I disliked her before. But now… I didn't hold anything back. I sat beside her, and by myself, I punched the hole of the milk carton with the straw, and…

“Here, Furushira-san.” I placed the straw on front of her, which made her give a dumbfounded look.

But more than her dumbfounded surprise, her cheeks were… obviously blushing… ever so slightly, that is. Well, it still counts.

“E-Eh?! What do you think your doing?!” she frowned, raising her voice as she immediately takes the milk on my hand.

“Buuu… so cold… shouldn't you be allowing me to do that? I know you don't hate me doing everything for you as well….”

“Wha— You should at least know the limits!” she frowned again.

I took sidelong glances to the surroundings, and listened clearly to the noise in the classroom. I know that they're thinking we're being quite sweet, if you'd say. But, I know that this is embarrassing, but I've already made up my mind. No matter how embarrassing this is… I'd overcome anything just to see her be like that again.

So, I didn't stop there. I also noticed Kurobara-san arriving, and if my guess is correct, she's…

“Ah, Furushira-san, your hair is on the way~” I brushed her hair that is partly covering her eyes just as Kurobara-san approaches.

“!!!”

Due to my sudden touch to her ever so smooth hair, she blushed harder than she could ever, also letting out a light yelp of “Yah—!”.

“Wh-What are you doing suddenly?!” she exclaimed, with her face so red.

“Yeah. What are you doing there, Ryouko-kun. That's my seat, you know?” Kurobara-san finally approached us.

“Ah— Aya-san!!!” she exclaimed once again, as if being saved.

Well, if my guess is correct, then… it should be fine… for me, at least.

“Haa— at least do it somewhere when you're alone. Oh, and can you come with me outside, I need to talk to you about something.” she said so sweetly it's scary… and that smile… that cute smile she has… it just makes it scarier!

But that's just it. That's what normal people would think. A girl talking to the boy who's bothering her best friend. But… from how she said it earlier… I know it's nore than that. And it's not that at least. She probably has something to really talk about. But for now, I'll follow her lead.

“Haha— yes…” I replied with a wry smile, as if terrified on what she's gonna do.

“So, what is it, Kurobara-san?” I asked her as soon as we left their sights, standing by the stairs.

“So you decided to take on the initiative, huh?”

“That was really it, huh… yeah, I am.”

“So? What's your goal? I'm sure you're not doing this for revenge, or leveling yourself to her.”

“Yeah, I…” 

I know it's fine to tell her… what I want to do to Furushira-san. After all, she's her best friend, she would most likely support this idea. And most of all, I'm sure she'd stay neutral on the two of us at least, so I told her…

“I want to see her smile like that again… genuinely and adorably… not holding herself back, being free to herself. That's the true beauty I saw in her. And I want that to be her usual face, not her current one where she's all tensed up, like a wall surrounding her, being cold, and most of all, having quite a superiority complex…”

“Haha— quite greedy, aren't you?”

“Call me greedy, possessive, manipulative or monopolizing her, I just want to experience those times again with her. Although… shopping with her is still scary… but beyond that… seeing her try out new things like that makes me… relaxed.”

“Yeah, yeah, I get it already. Don't spread your love for her at me.”

“Haha— all right.”

“Then, let's go back, the classes will should start shortly.”

“Yeah.”

And so, we went back, but as I went to my seat, I overheard the two of them talk.

“What did you say to her, Aya-san?” Furushira-san asked.

“Nothing, just gave him a warning.”

A warning, she says… that's a pretty clean cover-up, not gonna lie.

Well then… Fuyuko Furushira… I… won't be holding back anymore! I'll surely make you reveal your true self… and your adorable side!

3