Year Of The Sun – Chapter 1
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Revenge

“The most dangerous type of person is a person who has nothing to lose.”

 

For several days, I started planning Brody’s death. I knew he was back. I knew the Aberros knew where I lived. I relocated to a bunker under the ground. First, I needed supplies. I walked into town. I met the vendor who had sold me the bow I used. She gave me everything I needed. I built an entire underground laboratory. I tested with chemicals and catalysts to try and increase my strength. I needed more power. I started scouting the area, and got much better at making plans. I had a plan laid out for killing them all. And I knew what I had to do against Uncle Brody. Soon, I had increased my power tenfold, and my blood just seared hotter. Elise… was gone. I looked at the sky and was about to cry when I saw a flying object. It had caught fire, and was heading toward the dark forest. I ran toward it, and found it crashed in a tree. I burned down the tree, and it fell to the ground. 

I dove behind the tree that I had half-burned. The hatch opened. I opened my eyes wide. It was… Uncle Brody. He looked around and saw the tree on fire. “Zeke, I know you're there.” he said. I slowly got up. For the next five minutes, we stared at each other. He had aged noticeably. Maybe because time wasn’t a concept on Vurth. He had a great sword. He also had bloodthirsty eyes. I knew there was about to be a big fight. He looked down, and drew his great sword. “It was fun while it lasted.” I smirked. He couldn’t have gotten that much stronger, could he? I could take him. He charged at me, and I quickly drew my bow. I jumped up and made some quick calculations. Unfortunately, I didn’t account for Uncle Brody’s mysterious teleportation ability. He disappeared, and appeared behind me. I lit the bow on fire, and shot. At the exact same time, Uncle Brody threw three daggers. The arrow hit Brody, and the daggers hit me. We both went down. He was able to get up, drew his great sword, and raised it. He stabbed it into my throat. I couldn’t feel any pain, though. My whole body shut down. It was like the sun all over again. Was I… dead? Blank. 

 

A while later…

 

Fluorescent light shone over me. I got up. I was in… a room. The feeling of shame swept over me. I couldn’t describe it. There was a certain feeling. Deja vu? This was definitely the afterlife. I had died on Vurth. I ventured outside. Were those… cars? There was no way…. Even the Shogun’s temple was there. I thought it got destroyed in the raid. And the room. It felt like my old room in our house. It felt so much like Vurth. But no one was there. It was… empty. Was I… alone? 

0