Year of The Sun – Chapter 4
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: Awakening

“A new hope

A new dream

Anything can be done

With the help of a team.”

 

I rushed back to the lab. As expected, Elise was awake. But Max turned out to be a sleepyhead. I couldn’t start telling the story until both were awake, so I spent my time reading The Seven Rules Of Vurth. When Max was awake, I made breakfast and told them the news. Max laughed when I told him about Savage. 

     “That fits.”

     “That’s what I said!” I laughed. 

     We walked down to the store to buy some last minute supplies, and a van. I couldn’t carry Elise and Max at the same time, so a van would be very helpful. And like that, we were off. Our first stop was Mythotronica, the only city that was near us. Elise was driving and planning our journey, and Max and I were hanging out and experimenting with our new technology. We had drones tracking the Aberros’ every move. It was the good life. On the way, our van bumped something and stopped. Elise had to go check it out. Max was telling me about his latest tech when I had a feeling that something was wrong. I called Elise back inside. The Aberros. They were here. 

     I was confused. Why hadn’t the drones tracked them? We looked on the drone footage, and there weren’t any heat signatures. But when I looked closer, I saw some movement in bushes near our camper. They had concealed themselves in some sort of cream that cooled their skin. They were approaching quickly from all sides. Our fight or flight senses kicked in, and we chose flight. You see, I had upgraded the van just a little bit. I had added wheels that could transfer to propellers or turbines. The van could turn into an aircraft for a short amount of time, just enough to land far away from the field. I hit the button. 

     “Fasten your seatbelts. You’ll need them.” I got into Elise’s seat, and confirmed the launch check. We flew into the air, and I had complete control. I took us towards the city quickly, but we only had two minutes of fuel left on aircraft mode. I saw a long road coming up to touch down on, and I checked for Aberros. There were none on the scan, and I couldn’t feel anyone, so I took the van lower. We touched down, and we had escaped. That was a close call. As we drove on, I saw a building in the distance. Then two. Then ten. It was a city, if fact. We had arrived… at Mythotronica. 

0