Chapter 2
57 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read 6 chapters ahead on patreon.com/lightbringer

--

As Mark finally woke up, he found himself in a room that was replicable to a prisoner's jail cell in his past life. It was small, only allowing a bed and a place to do his human needs to fit. Even the entrance was made up of hard, metal bars, very similar to jail cells.

He carefully pushed himself over and sat upright on his bed. He felt nauseous and his face hurt badly. With an experimental hand, he probed his face and realised he was bandaged to the core. Goldi didn't go easy on him. If not for his axe being stuck, Mark would have been in a far worse scenario than a few injuries on his face.

Mark glanced at his room, nothing stood out to him, rather everything looked underwhelming. His bed was as rough as an elephant back and his room lacked any painted walls. It was horrendous. The only notable thing in the room was the mirror that sat upright next to the bed, in a far better condition than the other items.

In the mirror, Mark could see his own body. He was a small teenager, about 17 years old, with blonde hair.

With a groan and stuttering legs, Mark pushed his way out of the room to the corridor. A wave of amazement immediately washed over him. In front of his eyes, in the corridor, stood countless warriors with swords or their designated weapons. It was an amazing sight to see, a smile crept up to his face.

Noticing Mark, a man about the same height as Mark made his way over to him. He carried a sour expression for Mark's condition.

"Hello Mark," he said," Your battle out there, i-it was a horrifying sight to watch. I'm glad you made it out alive, at least. Those bastards, purposefully forcing a heavyweight to fight a light weight just for their entertainment. It's despicable. Well, at least you got me to patch you up," Fisher said, placing a hand over Mark's shoulder.

Fisher was one the many gladiators in Corrida colosseum. His parents had died at an early age and he was forced to fend for himself, and pay his own bills. It was also the reason he joined as a gladiator, the job paid quite well. He was also Mark's friend, the two of then spent many days together in the arena as a duo.

"Oh, before I forget, Flora was calling for you, she's waiting down in her apartment," Fisher added before leaving Mark to his own.

Mark breathed in fresh air. It was all finally starting to set in his mind.

'I reincarnated into the world of One piece, and by the looks of it I'm in the Corrida colosseum, as a bloody gladiator. Well, good thing is my name is still Mark' He smiled. Mark found this to be… interesting. His old life was far too boring. In a new world he could achieve so much more.

Before his eyes, a screen popped up.

[ As a transmigration gift, the divine species has granted you a boon. Your very own system. It was made from the culmination from your memories. I hope you use this gift well. We shall watch you from afar-

]

As soon as Mark closed down the system, he heard a voice ring in his head, a kind of robotic voice.

[-----Loading-----

System installed. All system skills now usable.

]

Suddenly, Mark felt his eyes ache. It wasn't very painful but he still covered them with his hands. A few seconds later, the pain left his body as if it was never there. Mark picked up his head and glanced at the people in front of him. His eyes seemed to be working fine, however he noticed something new.

Atop of the gladiator's head, a text box popped up, showing their respected levels.

Mark glanced to his sides, back and the front again. It was all the same. Atop everyone's head, a level showed itself.

'This must be the system's skills,' Mark surmised.

Most people around him had a level around 25, not strong or weak.

This led to Mark to test another thing.

'Status,' he thought, and obligingly a window popped up.

[Name = Mark

Health = 60/100

Stamina = 70/100

Level = 20

Stats:

Dexterity = 20

Strength = 20

Intelligence = 20

Luck = 5

Perception = 5

Endurance = 20

Agility = 5

Willpower = 20

Free Points = 0

]

The screen showed him a slew of stat information, starting from his name to willpower. Most of the stats seemed to be at level 20 with the exception of luck, perception and agility. Those being at level 5.

Mark, instinctively knew what this all meant and how it worked. It was unusually similar to LITRPG book stats. With another quick glance at the stat sheet, he closed the window and walked away.

--

Finding Flora's room wasn't a huge hindrance, as he made his way downstair, he was met with a door a couple feet to the left that had a huge door sign with the name 'Flora' hanging on it. It was the only room that floor with a door sign.

Mark knocked on the door a couple of times, the sound of wood creaking reverberating inside the room. As he heard a voice invite him inside, he quietly opened the door and entered.

Opposite Mark, sitting on top of a rocking wooden chair, sat a beautiful girl who seemed to be in her thirties. She was fair in complexion and had long red hair that reached slightly below her neck; not too long or short.

"Hello, Mark," she gestured to him to take a seat on a chair opposite her own, to which Mark obliged.

"Well then, let's get down to business, shall we," she smiled seductively," Your fight yesterday, with the barbarian. I heard it didn't go very well for you. Thus, I've decided to lower your weight class even further. Your next fight will be with Sumo, its due for next week. Be prepared." She handed him a flyer that contained information about Sumo and his attack strategies.

Though as contradictory as her job is, Flora was a kind woman in the world of slaves and colosseum fights. She had bought Mark a few years ago from a slave trader, and since then, Mark has been working under her as a gladiator. Mark previously wasn't a remarkable fighter but he did somehow scuffle a few ugly wins. And if he continued to win, Flora had promised Mark his freedom.

A flyer in hand, Mark made his way out of the room, with his nose deep in too the piece of paper. Sumo seemed to be average at best, his win-lose record seemed to be on the red.

After gathering the information he needed, he threw away the piece of paper, and suddenly a window screen that is all too familiar to him appeared.

[New Quest Available!

A man's freedom lies in his own hands. Defeat 100 fighters and leave the colosseum.

Objective = 0/100

Reward = 10,000 EXP, Devil fruit

]

[New Quest Available!

Every step counts to the final one. Defeat your next opponent, Sumo.

Reward = 1000 EXP, free stat point

]

Mark closed the window with a mental command and made his way back up.

In the balcony, surrounding the arena he heard the gladiators commentate to themselves.

"What do you think are that girl's chances, with that monster," a man said.

"I'm not too sure myself, she's a monster herself, that girl" another said, responding.

In the middle of the ring, stood tall a girl with light pink hair who donned minimal glint armour. She carried a thin long sword. Her expression was that of a determined warrior. Mark instantly recognised her. 'Rebecca' the crown princess of Dressrosa.

4