3 – The darkness awaken’s, and the massacre
182 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Cain): wait, the darkness, then why don't i have Jackie Esticado's other ability's?

(System): The darkness is an evolution type ability, you only get the basic's, and as it gets stronger more powers will be un-locked.

(Cain): Oh, well, at least I ha...

What Cain didn't notice was that while he was talking with the system, all the shadows around him gathered, and started the rush towards him, the darkness wrapped around the now struggling, and screaming Cain, and started tearing into his back, Cain felt like millions of little needles were piercing his skin, he screamed into the inky black, through Cain's muffled scream's, the darkness finished it's business, and became one with him. 

Two tentacle's sprout from his back, wrap around his mouth, and start looking him in the eye.

(Darkness): Hello Cain, I am the darkness, and it seem's like you are my new vessel, now, are you done throwing your fit?

Cain nod's his head up, and down.

The darkness than unwrap's itself from Cain, and look's Cain in the eye's with it long, serpent like arm's.

(Cain): Okay, first off, what was that, it felt like i was being impaled!?!?!?

(Darkness): That was me strengthening your body, and going through your memories to see what i'm dealing with, and i should be asking you what you did, i'm now in a world wear superpowers reign!!! But i can always take the physical enhancement back if you want to stay a weakling.

Cain chuckles, and shakes his head.

(Cain): it seem's like we are in the same boat, and before you try to make me more violent to feed you, there is no need, i have a few plan's, and they will all end with you eating your fill, so, what can you do?

(Darkness): it seem's like you already know the answer to that question, so why would you ask?

(Cain): I just wanted to hear you say it.

(Darkness): fair, but later i want you to tell me about your plan's.

Darkness then goes into a tangent on how he gives his host (Cain) a stronger body, near immortality in the darkness, the ability to summon creatures of darkness, and much more, but it seem's like he lost most of his power somehow. 

(Cain): by any chance, can you hide my identity?

(Darkness): as long as you stay in the darkness, yes, but why do you ask?

(Cain): Lets go for a walk, i'll explain on the way

Cain then jump's out the window, after leaving a note for Mason that reads: "Hey brother, can you do me a favor and cover for me, i'm going camping tonight, gotta clear my head, i will be back by breakfast tomorrow morning."

A pitch black, featureless figure is dashing between the shadows, and work's it's way across the small town, and he eventually reaches a warehouse, this building has no distinctive features, it just blends into the background.

(Darkness): why are we here?

(Cain): I thought you looked through my memories, so you don't know?

(Darkness): I just peaked, i didn't look into every detail.

(Cain): We are here for your first meal, this building is being used as a front for child trafficking, so we, are going to dish out some vigilante justice.

As Cain finishes saying this, he summon's his blade, this blade is a long katana, that is around 3/2 his size, he holds it in his left hand, and starts sneaking into the warehouse, he merges into the shadow's, and starts climbing in through the support's, he find's himself, crouching on a thick piece of metal, above the warehouse, he see's around twenty people, shoving young children into crates, and moving those crates which read *Fresh Fish* in the back of a truck with the same label, and logo. He observes the room for a while, and notices that one of the goon's set his glock, down on a crate, so he drops down, grabs it, and re-merges with the shadows,

(Cain): 12 shots, this could help.

Cain proceeds to toss the gun into his shadow, and sneak up on a guy and tell's darkness

(Cain): hey darkness, he's all your's.

Darkness than impale's the guy with his serpentine, razor-toothed tentacle, and drag's him into the shadow's, in a silent manner, Cain then hears a *crunch* and the body spill's out of the shadows, missing all of it's blood, and a hole the size of a head wear his heart should be.

(Darkness): That hit the spot, but what about the others, if they see this corpse, they will be put on guard?

(Cain): they wont have the time to notice.

Cain then jump's up onto the higher floor, and sneak's up on five guys, sitting at a table playing poker, he then jumps out of the shadow's, and appears in between all of them, before they can react, he swings his blade, beheading all five people, darkness then tears the hearts out of all five of them, he then jump's off of the balcony, and has darkness use his right tentacle (the bladed one) to cut three people who were packing the children in half, and takes their heart's, replenishing Cain's stamina, he proceeds to free the children, and tell them to silently go notify the police. Cain then walks into the west door, which connects to a hallway, that connects to the leader's office.

As he open's the door, he sees ten men walking towards himself, Cain then thinks "Shit", and pulls out the gun, and starts closing the distance, and firing, he unloads his whole clip, hitting one guy in the abdomen, two in the knee's, and one in the head, he than swings his blade to the right, and has darkness swing the bladed tentacle to the left, and taking the hearts out of everyone, Cain then kick's open the door to the bosses room, and say's

(Cain): Housekeeping, here to take out the trash.

The boss wastes no time, and charges down Cain, activating his quirk, which hardens his body, he slam's into Cain, and send's him flying into the wall, Cain quickly stands up, and dodges his attack, and slashes upward with his blade, giving the boss a shallow cut, from his knee, up to his pectoral muscles, darkness then pierces through his chest, and impales his abdomen, Cain then stab's his blade into the wound, and tear's it open, Darkness then rip's out the bosses heart, and heal's all of Cains wounds, and repair's his clothes.

The duo then hear the siren's approaching, and start running away, they reach the orphanage at 5:00 AM, and jump back through the window, and go back to sleep.

Just to clarify, when Cain talks to darkness, its all in his mind.

5