Chapter 10 – Trying to control my new strength
79 7 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, dear readers!

 

Here is the chapter 10 of this novel. Suddenly gaining strength can lead to funny results.

 

I hope you'll enjoy it! ;)

 

Patreon announcement : If you feel like helping me sustain the pace of release for this novel, you can visit my patreon page and donate a bit of money. The first Tier starts at 1€ (Around 1.1$). From the second tier (2€ ) and up, there are advance chapters available for both of my novels. For example, Tiers 2 gives you access to 1 advance chapter for each novel. (There are one chapter available for my other novel, and two for this one. I'll keep adding more. Also, I usually post the chapters 1 day earlier than the regular free posts. Just saying.)

 

May you all reach Immortality and the Peak of Cultivation!

Calm Wanderer

 

 

******************

 

 

Wanderer's Realm, somewhere...
 
 
But anyway, it was cool. And I could even morph the bracelet into any jewelry form I wanted. After thinking a bit, I decided to turn into a silver colored watch with a dark brown bracelet to go with my suit. Although I never really cared about clothes too much before, since I could do it easily now, I might as well do it right, didn't you think?
 
 
[Your clothes and Holo-Bracelet are dealt with. Now, you will have to train a bit to control your new strength.]
 
 
“What do you mean? I feel completely fine.” I said, bewildered. [Did you not notice the fact that you were supposed to acquire great strength and that you seem to only have improved a little? Just the fact that you can talk without messing up your words should be pretty telling, don't you think?] She replied, chuckling.
 
 
“Well... It's true that from your description earlier, I should have gotten stronger... Since you seem to know why, you could just tell me instead of teasing me, you know?” I said while rolling my eyes. [Haha. You do not have to worry, since I was about to tell you. The reason why you do not feel too different, at least relatively, is because I restrained the power of your body with my powers. That way you would have more time to acclimatize. Although it would have been amusing otherwise, I thought you deserved a small break for what you just went through.] She explained in a kind voice.
 
 
Listening to her, I couldn't help but smile and my chest felt warm all of a sudden. When I met people that were kind to me despite not expecting anything, it made me feel happy and sad at the same time. Questions like: 'Am I really worth it?', 'Why would they do that for me?', or even 'How could I ever repay your kindness?', came to mind. It also made me want to reciprocate and be a better man... I still had a long way to go though, since, although I couldn't say that I was selfish, I still didn't really care about others beside the people close to me. *Sigh internally* Should one care about everyone to be considered kind? Or is my way of doing sufficient? Or maybe something else? I was a bit confused about it, but instead of focusing too much on it, for once, I decided put it aside and resume the conversation.
 
 
“Thanks Ali. I think... I think that I really needed that. To be honest, I don't even know how my mind didn't break from the strain. It feels a bit surreal even now.” I slapped myself slightly a few times to regain focus and added. “Okay, you can unseal my energy. I'm ready... I think.” I said with a small chuckle.
 
 
[Alright. Prepare yourself.] As soon as she finished talking, I felt some kind of weight leaving my body which was probably her seal disappearing. Once I was free, I felt something come from every cells of my body, a kind of energy that I never felt before in me. The feeling it gave me was... Exhilarating! I felt like I could destroy buildings with a punch, which, as far as I know, may even be possible. If I was to put it into words that Mortals without cultivation could understand, it would be similar to the time when you finished your workout session with your muscles enlarged by the blood pumping from your heart. It made you feel like you were a lot stronger than you were. Well, it was similar but multiplied by an untold amount. It was intoxicating!
 
 
“Thisui fus amnen... Uh?” I could not for the life of me piece a sentence together. It felt like my mouth's muscles were foreign to me and I lost control over them. Now, I understood why she made the comment about talking earlier. Since I knew that I would be ridiculous either way, I decided to try to walk to see if my limbs were simil... And they were, godamnit! I started to raise my right foot, but as if the Skyrim mod's Ragdoll was activated, my body was sent tumbling backward... Good time, I'm telling you.
 
 
Alright, since my control over my body was worse than a three year old, I might as well practice walking all over again. *Sigh* *Slap* “Flusck!” Fuck!! [Hahaha! You know, you do not have to be so violent when you want to facepalm yourself.] That made me roll my eyes with disdain. She was lucky that I couldn't move better than a panda trying to dance the macarena, otherwise... Otherwise nothing. Let's be honest, even if she let me hit her, I would do no damage since she is basically fog. I need to become strong enough to help her get a human body so that I can slap her butt in punishment... Alright, I could feel something wrong with that last sentence, but what could it be...? As a great man once said, 'Must have been the wind!'
 
 
[Okay, Okay. Calm down. Focus on your breathing. Regulate it until it becomes natural. Once you're done, you should focus on moving your extremities, such as your fingers and toes.] Listening to her, I started to have some results, even if it was only something easy like moving without purpose.
 
 
[Great! Now, try to move your hands and feet without moving your arms and legs. I know it may be hard, but that is the best way to increase your control over your body quickly.] Despite what I first thought, falling on my back like a moron actually helped me, since my feet were only slightly in contact with the ground I could move them without throwing my entire body everywhere. I kept improving more and more, but it took me around half an hour before feeling confident enough to start moving my limbs.
 
 
You may think that I was slow, but from Ali's explanations about my body's strength as an Early Phase Fetus Layer Cultivator, my current body was almost 10,000 times stronger than my previous body without cultivation. Which is. Completely. Insane! So it was no wonder that I had so much trouble controlling it. To be honest, the only reason that I could even have any hope of succeeding was thanks to my improved motor reflexes which scaled up with my increased power. Thank God!
 
 
As I could guess what the next step was, I didn't wait for Ali's next instructions, but instead started moving my arms and legs. That was a clusterfuck, if I ever seen one. I looked like a mix between a fish stranded on the ground and an octopus, all that with the grace of your grandfather twerking on a linkin park's song. That bad. Any pride that I could have about my new power, any arrogance from my current status as a Cultivator, all of that went out the figurative window right away. Oh well, I guess cultivators are just humans at the end of the day. At least, even if I bumped my body against the ground or part of my body against another part of my body, I was not hurt at all. This time I could say that I had thick skin without describing my shamelessness...
 
 
After a bit more than an hour, I could move around my limbs without hitting either myself or the ground. This is it! Time to start walking! As soon as I had that thought I started to get up slowly under the amused gaze of Ali who said. [Slowly. Like that. Haste makes waste. Especially in this case.] Despite knowing that she only wanted to encourage me, I felt really frustrated. Indeed, imagine spending your whole life being able to do things like moving your limbs for simple things like walking, grabbing an object, etc, and suddenly one day, you had to relearn everything almost from scratch. Wouldn't it frustrate you to no end? Well, it did to me. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, I wasn't able to say anything due to my lack of control over my mouth, so I could only bite the bullet and keep practicing to increase my command over my whole body.
 
 
When I finally succeeded at standing straight, I felt a feeling of delight. It was a small success , but life was built with small successes. I should practice talking first, or I'll be annoyed even more. Even if I didn't say anything to Ali, I wanted to be able to complain to myself. It's similar to when you're stuck in traffic and you keep insulting the people in front of you. It wouldn't make the traffic more fluid, but it was still cathartic.
 
 
Mouth it was then! AAAAEEEIIIOOOOUUUWOWAWE.... After less than twenty minutes, I could finally speak again. “Thank God, I can speak. I felt like I had a mental problem when I couldn't even pronounce a word correctly. So frustrating!” [Hehe. It is normal that you faced those problems. After all, your body's improvements are bigger by many times compared to a normal Path Cultivator. But pretty much every cultivator need to face that problem at one point. Especially when one reach a higher Rank. Do not worry though, since although the next change will be even more violent than this one, by having had an abrupt increase of your body's strength in the past, it will be easier to adjust.]
 
 
“What doesn't kill you make you stronger, uh?” I shook my head slightly to focus my mind... Which made me fall back to the ground. Right. I forgot about my head. Never mind. I decided to go back up and start walking instead of wasting my time on it. Thankfully, walking did not seem too hard. Keep in mind that I was only walking very slowly. When I accelerated a little I fell almost immediately. However, I wasn't discouraged since I felt like my body was more and more in sync with my mind. As if the foreign feeling I had previously was disappearing and my body became more and more familiar.
 
 
Indeed, when I kept trying to walk faster and faster, I fell less and less, until I could run without any balance problem. I started to change direction, zig-zaging from side to side, even doing sudden maneuver, and turning unexpectedly backward and forward. It felt liberating, being finally able to control my own body as I wished. To be fair, it felt even smoother than before cultivating. Not too surprising there, since I could feel my body being perfected in every way, be it strength, speed or even flexibility. IT WAS GREAT!
 
 
I kept yelling as I ran at a speed so unbelievable for the newbie cultivator that I was, that I felt almost afraid that I would break something if I fell suddenly. If I stayed logical though, I could guess that my physical resistance probably matched my strength, but it was hard to get rid of old habits and old thinking. So I decided not to check if my theory was right or not by falling. Better safe than sorry, as they said.
 
 
When I finished running, I tried jumping a bit to see how high I could get and boy was I surprised! If I had to roughly guess, I'd say I cross the hundred meters mark. By a lot. Shit! I guessed I could test my theory now. Good times. Despite my unwillingness, gravity decided to ignore my plea and my fall followed the end of my rise. As I kept falling to the ground, I tensed my whole body for the shock that would come rapidly. I was also praying to every gods that exist to save me. “Jesus, God, Zeus, Hades... Wait not Hades, I don't want to die. Anyway, all of you guys and girls with superpowers, help me survive the fall, alright?”
 
 
No answer was received, but I was still hoping for a miracle. *BAAM* Uh? I didn't die? *Sigh in relief* I didn't die! Thanks all of you! I'll drink a beer in your name to thank you! [You look like you escape from a gruesome death. Are you aware that with your body resistance, only if you were hit by a missile could you be killed. And even that would depend on the type of missile. Of course, if it was a nuclear one, then you would die without a doubt. At least until you reach the next Rank.]
 
 
“As cool as it sounds to survive from a nuclear missile strike with just my body, I'm not planning on doing anything that would result in me being targeted by that kind of weapon, thank you very much. I'm not a maniac. I only want to sell cultivation drinks to my customers. It's plenty interesting already.” I said, denying the need for that much resistance.
 
 
[I would not be so sure if I were you. Once your power and connection rise even more, coupled with the chaos that the introduction of cultivation will bring to Earth, then you might need all your power to accomplish certain things that you might not have thought about yet. Trust me.] She replied in a serious voice. Her reminder made made realize something. Right! In every novels where 'magic' is introduced to earthling without any oversight by higher power, chaos ensued quickly. Some people that were repressed in the old system became crazy and acted like maniacs, order fell and the strong bullied the weak...
 
 
I frowned when I thought about that problem. After all, I didn't want to destroy our peaceful society. Although I did admit that peaceful was a relative term, but still. I had to find a way to resolve that problem before it was too late. Especially since I couldn't protect everyone. Sure, I could probably protect my family and even help them cultivate so that they were ahead of everyone else, even do that for a few friends. But what about their families and their own friends. It would never end to be honest. No! I needed to find an overall solution that could work for everyone.
 
 
Since I had my partner with me, I decided to seek her opinion. “Ali, I have a conundrum. I need and want to increase the Grade of Earth and introduce cultivation to everyone. But I can guess that it would provoke great chaos that I don't want for Earthlings. There would be too much death and violence before organizations like the sects in those novels appear. What do you think I should do to avoid that?”
 
 
[Mmhh... It is a common problem for ungraded planets that Graded up. At least those with civilization on them... To be honest, whatever you do, you will not be able to avoid chaos completely.] I nodded and replied. “I know. I just want to minimize the problem. I'm sure that with your experience you probably have a solution already, right?”
 
 
[Hehe, of course I do. Actually, you could have guessed it already if you thought about it for a longer time. What is lacking to control the chaos? Authority! What kind of people could control crazy cultivators? Other stronger cultivators!] She paused for a bit to let him think for himself. “You mean to say that I should create a kind of powerful cultivator's association?”
 
 
 
*****************
 
 

Patreon announcement : If you feel like helping me sustain the pace of release for this novel, you can visit my patreon page and donate a bit of money. The first Tier starts at 1€ (Around 1.1$). From the second tier (2€ ) and up, there are advance chapters available for both of my novels. For example, Tiers 2 gives you access to 1 advance chapter for each novel. (There are one chapters available for my other novel, and two for this one. I'll keep adding more. Also, I usually post the chapters 1 day earlier than the regular free posts. Just saying.)

 

If you enjoyed the chapter, don't hesitate to comment! ;)

Also, if you like the novel, and if you feel like it, you can also leave good reviews, ratings, click on follow and/or favorite (I feel like a youtuber now^^). It can make a big difference in visibility. Thanks a lot for those who have already done it!

Also, every constructive criticisms will be taken into consideration if I find them relevant.

 

2