Chapter 11 – Why is everything breaking around me?
79 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, dear readers!

 

Here is the chapter 11 of this novel. Running around at high speed has consequences.

 

I hope you'll enjoy it! ;)

 

Patreon announcement : If you feel like helping me sustain the pace of release for this novel, you can visit my patreon page and donate a bit of money. The first Tier starts at 1€ (Around 1.1$). From the second tier (2€ ) and up, there are advance chapters available for both of my novels. For example, Tiers 2 gives you access to 1 advance chapter for each novel. (There are one chapter available for my other novel, and two for this one. I'll keep adding more. Also, I usually post the chapters 1 day earlier than the regular free posts. Just saying.)

 

May you all reach Immortality and the Peak of Cultivation!

Calm Wanderer

 
 
 
**********************
 
 
 
Wanderer's Realm, somewhere...
 
 
[Hehe, of course I do. Actually, you could have guessed it already if you thought about it for a longer time. What is lacking to control the chaos? Authority! What kind of people could control crazy cultivators? Other stronger cultivators!] She paused for a bit to let him think for himself. “You mean to say that I should create a kind of powerful cultivator's association?”
 
 
[Exactly! After all, you are only one person, and there are almost eight billion people on Earth. It would be virtually impossible for you to control the situation if you were on your own. If your cultivation base reached the Child Layer, then you may have had a chance... But now? There is no way.] I sighed in defeat and replied. “I guess you're right. Even now with all the technology that is available, governments have trouble tracking and controlling everyone, let alone once everyone receive 'superpowers'.”
 
 
I pondered for a second before asking. “Do you have any idea how I should go at it? I mean, I've never done anything like this before, and I've no idea as to how I'm supposed to begin.” [You should start simple. First, you should contact the cultivators who are already present on Earth. After all, they would already be used to cultivating, and their cultivation base would probably shoot up once the Earth Grade up. Using them as members of your association, guild, or whatever you want to call it, would be the easiest. Of course, you also need to vet them to make sure that there are no... deviant among them. After all, you would not want that kind of person under you.]
 
 
I nodded to show my understanding. “Makes sense. I don't want what I create to become the very thing I wanted to prevent in the first place. By the way, do you know where I can find them?” [I do. However, there is one thing that you should think about doing first.] I raised my head slightly in confusion. “What is it?” After hearing my question, I could hear her laughing slightly. [You should check you Holo-Bracelet for missed calls...] “What...? Alright, I guess. Let me ch...” As I checked my Holo-Bracelet, I discovered to my horror many missed calls from my mom. I whispered. “I'm so dead... 12 missed calls...”
 
 
A beautiful laugh brought me out of my scared mind. [You have been here for a whole week, so it is no wonder that your mother is worried about you. Instead of being scared, you should just go to her to explain what happened to you. After all, even your voice changed, so she might not recognize you if you call her on the phone.]
 
 
I nodded solemnly and replied. “A brave warrior shall never fear danger... Even his own mom...” *Cough* “Anyway, can you bring me back to Nantes, please? I don't want to make her even more worried.” [Alright. You can go to the exit door. It will bring you back to the Bouffay Quarter, where one of the entrance on Earth will be set. As for the rest, we will talk about them later. Before you leave, try to control your Aura. Otherwise, you might end up killing some weak people with it.] Following her instructions, I took twenty minutes to learn how to retract and push out my aura at will.
 
 
“I'm ready! Let's go then!” As soon as I finished talking, I saw my surroundings changed back to the main area of the bar. Satisfied, I started to walk towards the right door which was the one designated for the exit. The left being the entrance. You would probably think: 'But why would you need two doors if you basically teleport people in?' Well, it was actually a portal and not a teleporter. A bit like the big blue portal from Stargate SG1. The difference between the two was that the first is more like a door that one could cross, and the second would be more like moving someone from point A to point B without that someone moving at all. I didn't want to go into too much depths, since it was quite complicated... Also because that was all Ali explained to me so I wasn't really sure of the specific for the rest...
 
 
*Cough* Anyway, let's cross to the sunny Nant... FUCK! I forgot how shitty the weather here can be at times. You probably guessed it, it's raining right now. Forget it, let's stop wasting time. As soon as I went through the door, I arrived in a street that seemed familiar to my surprised mind. I muttered. “Well, at least, she moved the entrance where it was a week ago. It would have been really weird if it stayed there. What's with the whole door in the middle of nowhere kind of situation. I wish I had an umbrella though. I guess I'm bound to be drenched by the time I arrive at mom's.”
 
 
As soon as I had that thought, I felt a bit of information come to my mind from Little Blob... Who was little Blob? Well, it was my Chaos Layer armor. A very dignified name, full of courage and vig... Fine! It looked like a freaking blob! How the heck was I supposed to call it? Mister Slime? Agent Vomit? Colonel shapeless?... That last one was not bad. It wasn't cute, but it did feel a bit more serious... Alright, I decided! The official name shall be shapeless, and the nickname shall be little Blob! A perfect solution. My genius sometimes amazed my own self.
 
 
Anyway, little Blob sent me some information about a few transformations that were possible with their limitations included. “Nice! I want an umbrella then.” I muttered in a low voice while laughing in a disturbing manner. At least from the look of the man who just passed me by. *Selectively ignored it* And as soon as my mind sent a command, a beautifully crafted umbrella appeared in my right hand. The soft material was a simple black color, while the handle was a dark brown, seemingly carved from a precious tree.
 
 
Satisfied with my new item, my feet started to move towards the main plaza of the city. While walking, I was pondering. “Should I walk there, or take the public transportation? Although I'm usually lazy, walking there wouldn't take me any effort... Forget it! I don't want to stand out too much, and if I want to get there quickly, I would have to walk to an inhuman speed. I better wait until there are more cultivators around before having fun. Let's take the tramway instead.” As I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't pay too much attention to my walking speed and I actually reached the station in less than a minute instead of the usual two to three minutes.
 
 
Thankfully, due to the pouring rain, nobody seemed to care about a well dressed handsome man who could walk as fast as an average human's running speed. At least I thought nobody cared. Oh well, at least I, myself, didn't care too much. I kept thinking about what would happen if people noticed my strength. What could they do to me? The answer was: absolutely nothing! Not only was I too strong, but I also had a Chaos Layer cultivator (Item spirit) behind me. Threatening me with my family's life? Could they even do that with Ali watching? Of course not.
 
 
As I entered that tramway which just arrived in front of me, I relaxed my tensed nerves. After all, I read many webnovels about cultivation and other powers, and I was very aware of the usual strategies that villains used to defeat the protagonists. As the latter became more and more powerful, the villains usually threatened the protagonists' closest people to control them. But since nobody could do it on Earth, then I could be more carefree. Of course, I didn't want to be like Iron Man who didn't give a single shit about anything. But I also wouldn't be too paranoid. Strength was the basis of confidence after all.
 
 
As I was pondering, and with my hand placed on the metal pole to keep my balance, (although it was more a habit than a necessity with my current body) the tram slammed the break to stop itself from hitting the moron in his car who just cut it off. I had to say that the downside of tramway was that anyone could drive or cross the tram's tracks. As you could imagine, accidents happened very often and unfortunately I happened to be present for it. Good times, I'm telling you! As for that guy? Well, he'd better not be in a hurry, because he would probably stay there for a while. He completely deserved it, so I would not pity him.
 
 
Whatever it was, I wasn't really paying attention to the commotion since my body was only slightly affected by the sudden movement. However, maybe also because of habits, I subconsciously increased my grip a little on the pole and a crunching noise resounded in the almost empty carriage. Great! Damaging public property... I should probably get the heck out of here or I might be in trouble. Not BIG trouble, mind you, but I still didn't want to deal with it. Uh? The doors opened automatically because of the accident? Should I thank all the Gods I prayed to previously? I still hadn't drunk the beers in their honor...
 
 
Anyway, let's leave! I quickly left the carriage and started to walk quickly towards my mother's house. Usually it would take me an hour and a half to go there on foot, but as I started to to walk faster and faster, I could guess that it would definitely take me less time. Actually, I could run, since nobody would be able to see me. Let's go for it! I made my umbrella disappear and started to run as fast as I could toward the south of the city. As I crossed the river Loire to the south of the city, I started to see more and more houses with brown orange colored tiled roof.
 
 
The roads were small and since it was... Let me check... 2:30p.m.... Then the traffic was not very dense, making my run very enjoyable. I felt a bit like a kid, completely free of the fettered imposed normally on myself. Usually, I had to act 'normal' to fit in. Despite what many people said, when people see others who act differently than them, especially if they did what they liked, without regards with how other people viewed them, then the many of them became jealous. They criticized greatly, thinking that if they pulled down those happier people (because they could be themselves instead of 'wearing a mask') to their level, then themselves would feel better.
 
 
Objectively, it would be better for them to push themselves upward to be more fulfilled than pulling others downward. However, that would require too much effort for them. To be fair, I used to be like that... I still was, sometimes. And it was completely involuntary. For example, I criticized those rich old guys who had many mistresses. And I criticized those 'gold-digging' women for putting a price on their body. But then recently I thought: 'Why do I feel so strongly about those people?', or 'Why do I even care?'.
 
 
And then it hit me. I was just jealous of them. Of course, I had my moral baseline when it came to most things, which would stop me from doing many things that they did. But I still couldn't help it but want to be in the same situation as them anyway. When I had that realization, it solidified my two new 'motto' of 'As long as it was between consensual adults, then it had nothing to do with me' and 'if that didn't affect me personally, then I didn't need to care about it'. Of course, it was more complicated than that, but at least those two helped me define the path I wanted to follow: Follow what my heart told me and what was good for my personal growth.
 
 
But anyway, if you are still here, let's get back to the story! As my feet brought me closer and closer to my mother's house, I started to notice a problem which made me decelerate a lot. What was it? Simply the effect that my body running at a few hundred kilometers per hour [A/N: 100 mph is roughly equal to 160 kph] had on the vicinity. It was not good. Like branches breaking, people falling down, cyclists falling down (I helped that one before she touched the ground, since I didn't want her to get hurt), clothes falling down from those two people having sex in that house... Nevermind, that last one wasn't on me.
 
 
So yeah. Not good. I then asked Ali. “Ali, how am I supposed to run quickly if I destroy everything around me everytime? It never happened in those novels I read before. Mmmhh... Although to be fair, those weren't completely coherent...” [I thought you would ask me that question earlier. Hehe.] I rolled my eyes at her taunt but stayed silent to wait for her answer.
 
 
[It is actually a skill that every cultivator need to master, since, as your power goes up, so does the consequences of the latter on the landscape. Of course, depending on the Grade of the planet, the effect may be more or less significant, but still.] She paused for a second before resuming her explanation.
 
 
[So, what you need to do is to actively control your aura to make a sort of 'bubble' around your body. It is called an aura field. It is similar to the 'bio field' that the comic character 'superman' has. Every powerful people need that kind of skill to avoid destroying everything around them. Also, you need to control the intensity of it depending on the power that you use. For example, if you run at 100 kilometers an hour, your field will need less strength than if you ran at 1000 kph.]
 
 
“I get it. But wait! So you know about Superman, Ali? Do you like big burly handsome men with spandex suits?” I thought that I found my vocation in life: Teasing Ali! It was so much fun. Hehe. [...] Alright, she was definitely thin skinned, so maybe I shouldn't push too much and instead helped her get used to my teasing. Well, I had nothing but time, so I'd definitely succeed. It was a weird goal, but life is all about having objectives!
 
 
“I was just joking Ali. I'm sorry alright. Will you forgive me? Pretty please?” Lucas used: Acting cute! [Pah! I do not believe you. But fine. Try to control your aura instead of wasting your time saying nonsense.] Wow! It's super effective!
 
 
“Sorry Ali, but my head is full of nonsense. I was born this way, so I'll probably fail to meet your expectations. Haha.” She didn't answer me this time, but I knew she didn't resent me. After all, being alone for a long time, she probably enjoyed my stupid jokes. Or maybe I was delusional. Who knew?
 
 
As I kept running, but this time at a more 'reasonable pace', I noticed that I was at the corner of the street leading to my destination, a mere few houses away. I could see my mother's car parked in front of the house, so at least I hadn't wasted my time by coming at this time of day. “I guess I'll practice controlling my aura field later. In the meantime, I'll just retract it as much as I can.” I clapped my hand lightly and added. “Alright, hopefully she won't shut the door in my face.”
 
 
As I was trying to cheer myself up, I kept walking until I arrived at the entrance door. Taking a few deep breath to calm my frayed nerves, I proceeded to knock on it, hoping that everything would go well. As I was waiting outside, thanks to my enhanced senses I could hear my mother's steps coming towards the door. When it opened, I finally saw her with a look of puzzlement on her face. She then asked me. “Hello. Can I help you?”
 
 
Great! She didn't recognize me. Here we go I guess. “Coucou maman! [A/N: Hey mom!] It's me Lucas! The most handsome, smart and humorous man on this planet and additionally your son!”
 
 
 
****************************
 

Patreon announcement : If you feel like helping me sustain the pace of release for this novel, you can visit my patreon page and donate a bit of money. The first Tier starts at 1€ (Around 1.1$). From the second tier (2€ ) and up, there are advance chapters available for both of my novels. For example, Tiers 2 gives you access to 1 advance chapter for each novel. (There are one chapters available for my other novel, and two for this one. I'll keep adding more. Also, I usually post the chapters 1 day earlier than the regular free posts. Just saying.)

 

If you enjoyed the chapter, don't hesitate to comment! ;)

Also, if you like the novel, and if you feel like it, you can also leave good reviews, ratings, click on follow and/or favorite (I feel like a youtuber now^^). It can make a big difference in visibility. Thanks a lot for those who have already done it!

Also, every constructive criticisms will be taken into consideration if I find them relevant.

 

2