Waking up to ash… and more ash
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Nggghh” a groan is heard from a large pile of rubble followed by a man pulling himself from it.

The man has definitely been in better conditions, currently his left arm is hanging of a few extra this chunks of flesh his, his other arm bruised and damaged but luckily workable, his right leg is back wards ,and there is a metal pole skewering the left, 20 feet in front of him is the cadavers of several of the same person with slight variations in their face or body type all wearing weirdly bright coloured spandex suits, to their right a large glowing green meteor they had seemingly been tied to for whatever reason.

 

The man pushes his back against a half standing wall revealing the terrible state of his stomach, that being charred to bits and riddled with hole both magic and bullet made, “Shit, I didn’t even get an autograph” the man caught blood as he giggled at both his terrible joke and his impending doom.

 

Well it should be his impending doom but luckily for him he hears the rumble of machinery before blacking out. Unlucky for him the canine in appearance robot was apparently hungry and with a couple clanking sounds and the whirring of gears he was gone in one bite and quickly swallowed.

FUEL INCREASED TO MINIMUM STARTUP SYSTEMS BEGGINING.......

ACCESSING............

 

RUNNING BOOT UP SEQUENCES.... NONE FOUND APROPRIATING STOLEN FILES.....

 

DO0F3NSHMIR..ERROR: ENCRYPTION/ RETRYING........ATLAS.......ERROR: FILES MISSING/RETRYING........UMB3RE77A.....ERROR:FILES CORRUPT............../RETRYING.........ALCH3M4X.......VIRUS DETECTED CANCELLING/........RETRYING...... [email protected] ROGUE AI DETECTED: CONTAINED SUCCESFULLY..... VITAL FILE HELPD BY ROGUE AI/ RETRYING.......BNL.CO... HOSTILE AI ERRADICATED VITAL FILES INCLUDED/ RETRYING.....WAYNE INDU@###@/1434^*&£""1 HACKING ATTEMPT AVERTED/ RETRYING...... COMPILING AVAILABLE FILES...........ERROR: NONE..

 

BOOTING..... 

 

BOOTING..... 

 

DIAGNOSTICS.....

HULL INTEGRITY 70%: REPAIR REQUIRED

FUEL 38%

SENTIENT CONCIOUSNESSES CONTAINED:2... ERASING..... FAILED CONTAINIGN...... FAILED...... LIMITING ACCESS..... FAILED....CONCIOUSSNESS 0 NO LONGER PRESENT.

CONCIOUSNESS 1 CONTAINED..... INTEGRATING.........SUCCESS

CP: 20% CAUSE: FILES MISSING OR NOT DESIGNED TO WORK IN TANDEM......BEGINNING  REPROGRAMING.......0.01%^

MOBILITY:72%: REPAIR REQUIRED  

COMBAT EFFECTIVNESS 49%: REPAIR REQUIRED

 

BOOT UP COMPLETE IN 3.......2...............1

 

*GASP*

 

a large metal canine the size of a pick up suddenly gasps and sputters as it limps into a ruined warehouse and lays down, "wellll shit. I fucking died didn't I?"  The machine whines as it paws the ground in front of it in boredom "so how does this work? mmm repair start?"

 

VOCAL COMMANDS NOT NEEDED

 

REPAIRS REQUIRE APROPRIATE MATERIAL PLEASE APROPRIATE FROM SURROUNDINGS BEFORE BEGINING REPAIR OPERATIONS

"That's fair I guess, will this debris work?"

THE PRESENT MATERIALS ARE CAPABLE OF REPAIR YET LACK STRENGHT TO REACH 100% HULL INTEGRITY BUT WILL MAKE GOOD FOR EMERGENCY TEMPORARY REPAIRS

'COOL SO CAN YOU STILL HEAR ME RIGHT NOW?'

AFFIRMITIVE

'COOL SO DO I EAT THE METAL?'

AFFIRMITIVE

 

the large metal canine begins GORGING itself on metal support beams, cargo containers, vehicles and scaffolding ripping apart the few structure holding the few patches of remaining ceilings up, each time the ceiling falls it is mindlessly swept aside to continue the feast. As the the remaining metal begins to dwindle the canine stirs before laying down, laying down rays of orange fill the concrete cave as a wave of light cocoons the machine, there are changes and repairs visibly occurring on the machine.

 

After the repairs the machine stands and leaves its rubble dinning room and begins exploring the ruined district it has activated in, corpses litter the roads some more recognizable than others in clothing from varying time periods and styles from medieval knights to hyper advanced space soldiers with the occasional completely inhuman body. Massive great machines, mechs, weapons and works of architecture strewn about and thrashed into buildings from robots to no longer floating castles or wizard towers, one such massive castle can be seen in the distance crashed into the ocean  large mechs and a few eldritch abominations corpses thrown about its walls and courtyards.

 

The sky churns in an unnatural crimson as violet rain fills the street, screams fill the machines artificial machines ears as some of the unlucky survivors flesh slips from their bones leaving abominations of flesh bone and tentacles, mouths and writhing orbs of unholy puss, 'what the fuck? AI friend what just happened?'

 

UNKNOWN ENERGY IN RAIN CAUSING SPONTANEOUS UNSTABLE GENETIC MUTATIONS PREDICTIONS SHOW THIS IS CURRENTLY A LOCAL ISSUE ORIGINATING TWO BLOCKS WEST OF HERE

 

SCANNING USER.... NO USERNAME FOUND, PLEASE STATE USERNAME FOR CONTINUED AID FROM THE @386753=+?}!"%$£ AI NANOBOT CONTROL SYSTEM

'STAN'

USERNAME ACCEPTED:

SETTING SELF DESIGNATION AS: AI FRIEND 

'Alright then lets get moving I guess' Stan moves down the road heading down the road towards the emergency shelter that had been mentioned during the start of the fnatatyclysm on most news stations, 'if I'm lucky I might be able to find... who am I even looking for? I'm a single child and both my parents were dead well before this and my only friends are the reason I was in that rubble..... wht do I even do with myself......'

 

FULL REPAIR OF HULL AND REACHING OF 100% COMBAT EFFECTIVENESS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED GOALS FOR THE FUTURE SAFETY OF BOTH OF THIS BODIES HOSTS IN THIS NEW DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENT 

 

CHANCE OF FINDING A PERMANENT SAFE AREA WITH  THE CONSTANT ENERGY FLUCTUATIONS IS BELLOW 12% COMBAT EFFECTIVENESS AND CONSTANT TRAVEL RECOMMENDED

 

TRAVEL WILL ALSO ALLOW CHANCES TO GAIN NEW MINERALS AND TECHNOLOGIES TO INTEGRATE INTO THE NANO BOT DATABASES

 

0